What's your favorite Carnival food item?

J-Hawk

Someone sent me the new Carnival Conquest menu since they have a new chef, but it doesn't list the Choc Molten Cake. Can anyone tell me if they still have it? I can't imagine they would take such a popular item off the dessert menu. My G-kids will be CRUSHED!!! They order it every nite!! Please let me know if you've sailed the Conquest lately and please, please say it's still available!!!!

Thanks,

Grandkids.......not to mention the Big Kids like us, that must have it every night:D Surely they won't mess with perfection:cool:

Someone sent me the new Carnival Conquest menu since they have a new chef, but it doesn't list the Choc Molten Cake. Can anyone tell me if they still have it? I can't imagine they would take such a popular item off the dessert menu. My G-kids will be CRUSHED!!! They order it every nite!! Please let me know if you've sailed the Conquest lately and please, please say it's still available!!!!

Thanks,

It is or at least was known as "Chocolate Melting Cake", and it was still on the menu on the Liberty in October 2009. I would also be very surprised if Carnival took it off the menu. In fact you can, or always used to be able to order Chocolate Melting Cake any night of the cruise. It is one of the standard always available items, ( like Caesar Salad, and Shrimp Cocktail ) Now I would be upset if they took any of those items off the menu.:D I also believe that the menus are standard fleetwise.

:D Less than 10 days to my Ecstasy cruise :D

By the way, my least favorite is usually MDR lunch. On all ships, I find it to be not nearly as good as evening dinner. I actually prefer lunch at the Lido buffet. But DW prefers to be waited on, so it is usually MDR for lunch when open (usually on non-port days).

One of my favorite meals on the Sensation was the lunch in the MDR, so I was surprised to read that someone preferred the Lido. I had a sun dried tomato baguette, stuffed with shrimp salad, and it was ever so yummy. If there hadn't been a screaming banging on the table unsupervised child seated with us(think the maitre'd was braindead about seating 9 adults with a child at the table when the restaurant was empty) it would have been one of the best meals on board. But the child was so obnoxious, I had no dessert :mad::(

I was suprisingly suprised with by how delicious the mashed potato's & fried chicken were at the lido buffet one day for lunch.

Also had the best duck I've ever eaten on evening for dinner.

I know I'll be adding more in a few weeks after our cruise!!!

I'm back from the Carnival Ecstasy, Jan. 18. 2010. The food was not very good this time. My usually favorite pumpkin soup was too watery -- not the "stick to the spoon" thick creamy soup. The lobster bisque was inedible -- way to fishy. Fortunately the lobster and prime rib on formal night was excellent.

JimNBigD

Do you have pics of the ship (Ecstasy) I've been looking for pics of her since the refurb.

We were looking on the photo board. Please post if you do.

Thanks

Sorry, no. I only took videos this time, and they are too large to post. The slide has been moved to the back of the ship one deck above the Lido deck, in the waterworks area. And at the back one deck below the Lido is the adult Serenity area -- a place for adults to relax and get away from the kids. (Not to be confused with now defunct adult topless area.) The palm trees on the Lido are nice, but it seems to make the area feel more crowded to me.

One thing I did notice: The ship did not rock as much. Maybe they fixed or replaced the stabilizers during dry dock. However, the sewer smell still showed up occasionally, especially by the bathrooms on deck 9 (Promenade) by the middle elevators. :eek:

Thanks for the reply!

We are excited about our first cruise... especially since I've read about the food!!:rolleyes:

You'll find plenty of good stuff to eat. For us it was just that this time the Ecstasy had more bad food than good. We are hopeful it is just a fluke. We'll see. If this becomes the norm, maybe we all need to go to the Lido deck and scream, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" (Stolen from the movie Network.)

I totally agree! No cooking, cleaning or waiting on kids makes Momma happy! I don't care if they serve PB&J, as long as I'm not the one doing the serving. Therefore, I appreciate the ones that do the serving because I do it 24/7. The wait staff will be getting big tips from me!

The chilled cucumber soup was excellent!!

I also recommend:

the rotisserie....chicken was so moist and delicious!

Pastrami on Rye from the sandwich station

Cheeseburgers and potato salad from the grill

Of course anything seafood from the Gold Pearl dining room

Warm Melting Chocolate Cake...I am now a believer!

ahhhh all of this sounds so good! its near dinner time and my tummy is RUMMMMBBELLLINNNNGGG! cant wait for my 1st carnival cruise in Dec so i can try the melting cake, bitter and blanc, the soups and bisques, the indian foods and the sushi! only 10 months to go.... sigh

• 1 month later...

I love the baked apple in the MDR for breakfast. (not sure if they have it on the Lido too.)

I eat breakfast and lunch in the MDR as often as I can. The burgers in the MDR have been (in my experience) better than on the Lido.

That said, I love making chili cheese fries on the Lido. mmm talk about excess.

Last cruise I was on (Pride, July 09) I can't remember what the main dish I ordered was, but it came with a side of tempora string beans that were fantastic. The whole table ended up asking for additional sides of the string beans.

I love everything everyone has mentioned, but I wanted to share a secret I came up with during my last cruise in October. We had late dining, so each night at around 6:00 I would walk by the dessert section on the Lido deck and always found some new creations! There was a strawberry upsidedown cake that was to die for and this other apple crumble thing that was pretty good. I'm going to start doing this every cruise now... :D

Also, there's a dessert in the MDR for lunch on the 2nd sea day called "Cinnamon Bread Pudding Chantilly". OMG - If you like bitter and blanc, you HAVE to try this!!!!! :p

I just got off the Miracle yesterday and I have to say that among my favorites were the made-to-order omelets on the Lido deck. The breakfast pastries were quite yummy, too. My favorite desserts were the white chocolate bread pudding and the chocolate amaretto cake--YUM!! :)

Heather :)

Archived