Radiance Of The Seas

JPS418

Hello,

We are thinking about booking a 13-night cruise on Radiance of the Seas next may.

We have only sailed Princess and would be new to Royal Caribbean. Could someone tell me if I would be happy with this cruise line & ship.

I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Have a good weekend,

JPS

I think you would be very happy on the Radiance. It is a great ship!!! Also think you will enjoy the open feel on the ship. Lots of windows and elevators that look out on the ocean. We have sailed on all classes of Royal Caribbean ships and the Radiance Class....Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel...is our favorite.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!!!

I think you will enjoy the Radiance very much. I've never sailed Princess, however our friends who have sailed both cruiselines, enjoy RCI just as much, or more. You chose, IMO, the perfect ship for your first RCI cruise--the Radiance-class. Lots of glass, gorgeous sea views from most public spaces, a perfect size, not too big and not too small. Welcome to RCI!

Karen

I think you will enjoy the Radiance very much. You chose, IMO, the perfect ship for your first RCI cruise--the Radiance-class. Lots of glass, gorgeous sea views from most public spaces, a perfect size, not too big and not too small. Welcome to RCI!

Karen

The 'Radiance' is my favorite and we can't wait for our second sailing on her in November. You may enjoy reading through the Radiance thread titled 'Radiance of the Seas- Past, Present and Future' here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048&highlight=radiance+the+seas+past+present+future

Thirteen nights on board this beautiful ship will be heavenly. ;)

If you enjoyed your experiences on Princess, you will most likely enjoy the Radiance as well. The two lines are far more alike than different and we have enjoyed our cruises on both lines but definitely prefer RCI, especially their Radiance class vessels. We just spent 13 nights on her sister ship, Jewel of the Seas, on her Westbound Transatlantic cruise from England to Boston, MA. and had a wonderful time. Next June we are sailing in Alaska on the Radiance. You have a wonderful cruise to look forward to. Enjoy!:)

Hello,

We are thinking about booking a 13-night cruise on Radiance of the Seas next may.

We have only sailed Princess and would be new to Royal Caribbean. Could someone tell me if I would be happy with this cruise line & ship.

Have a good weekend,

JPS

Don't think you'll be disappointed....we've got the same cruise booked and would love for you to join us on the 13 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise board that is going on over on the Member Meet & Mingle :).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=950931&page=22

We're already on page 22 but hope you'll go back and meet everyone who has already booked this cruise. :)

We just sailed Radiance May 22, 2009 Alaska. Booked a JS and were lucky enough to be upgraded to GS #1050. It was a beautiful ship. Have been a loyal RCCL cruiser and would not consider any other line. We are booked on her sister ship Jewel Baltics Aug 11, 2010. But also have a soft spot for Vision of the Sea and the Independence... Welcome to RCCL be sure to join the Crown & Anchor before sailing away this great ship !!

The 'Radiance' is my favorite and we can't wait for our second sailing on her in November. You may enjoy reading through the Radiance thread titled 'Radiance of the Seas- Past, Present and Future' here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048&highlight=radiance+the+seas+past+present+future

Thirteen nights on board this beautiful ship will be heavenly. ;)

Thanks for recommending my thread on our most favorite ship.:)

Spent 29 days on her this past April-May and it was wonderful. Can't wait for our 11 day cruise on her in November of this year.

The Radiance was the first ship we ever cruised on, in 2002. Talk about a hook!!! They had to pry my hands off the railings to get me off that ship! We have since sailed on other RCI ships (Serenade, Jewel, Monarch) and other cruise lines, but we are returning to the Radiance in November and looking forward to it.

It is the perfect class of ship for Alaska (did the 14 night Ultimate Alaska on the Serenade last year) because of all the glass and always being able to enjoy the view.

Radiance is what started my love affair with this class of ships. Sailed her twice. Jewel next. Was NOT disappointed. Serenade up next. I have no desire to go back to Voyager class or try Oasis class. How anyone could be disappointed with Radiance class is beyond me. Sailed once on Star Princess. Nope - not the cruise line for me. I'm loyal to my Royal and glad to be back :)

The Radiance was the first ship we ever cruised on, in 2002. Talk about a hook!!! They had to pry my hands off the railings to get me off that ship! We have since sailed on other RCI ships (Serenade, Jewel, Monarch) and other cruise lines, but we are returning to the Radiance in November and looking forward to it.

It is the perfect class of ship for Alaska (did the 14 night Ultimate Alaska on the Serenade last year) because of all the glass and always being able to enjoy the view.

Hi emilygrace,

We did the Serenade last year with you. I recognized your CC name on this post. Remember we were delay from boarding in San Francisco due to the prior cruise having cases of Norovirus? They were deep cleaning the ship prior to boarding new pax. Funny thing when we got home I found that the ABC News was filming people waiting to board because of the virus breakout. There was a point during the filming when my wife Susan and our great friend also named Susan walked pass the camera...what a surprise...they were on a TV newscast!!!!!

Bob Shaffar

Hi Bob! Do you have a new screen name here? I didn't recognize it, but I remember your real name! Yes, that was quite a wait to board the Serenade in SF. That is the ONLY time we've had to wait to board a ship (well, the QM2, but I was with girlfriends and it's a whole other story). That was a fantastic cruise, and well worth having to wait in the hot sun (unusual for SF) to board.

Really enjoyed the Radiance, but...... be careful of the lowest level of balconies. There is an awning that extends from the balcony out about 10-15ft. It covers the life boats. Besides blocking part of your view, the RC workers walked up and down the awning looking into the rooms. We had to keep the drapes closed. Yes I complained, no help. Wrote a letter to RC, no reply. I still liked the ship, food and the service, just not the "lookers".

Hello,

Have a good weekend,

JPS

We love the ship, traveled to Alaska in May 09 and will sail again in Oct and Dec. I haven't been on Princess for several years but felt the food was better then. I especially liked their salad bar that had more choices than does RCCL. If anyone has cruised on Princess lately I would appreciate hearing their opinion of the food by comparison.

countdown.pl?name=lady of the Seas&date=12-9-2009&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Radiance of the Seas

Hi Bob! Do you have a new screen name here? I didn't recognize it, but I remember your real name! Yes, that was quite a wait to board the Serenade in SF. That is the ONLY time we've had to wait to board a ship (well, the QM2, but I was with girlfriends and it's a whole other story). That was a fantastic cruise, and well worth having to wait in the hot sun (unusual for SF) to board.

Yes, my original screen name was "shaffar1". CC does not like last names in the sceen name so they asked me to change it. The reason for "kennelgang" is because we have 5 dogs...how we got so many is another story...although they are 24/7, we love them all!!

Bob

Archived