Anyone stayed at Harbor House Pier 21 recently?

karlanee

And used their cruise parking feature?

We have a night booked there for our pre-cruise night in less than two weeks. Just wondered if anyone has stayed there in the last few months and used their parking lot during the cruise.

How did it go? Review appreciated.

Hi Colette,

I saw that as well. The guy that booked mine for me said nothing to me about two nights. He said one night was not a problem and my confirmation shows that the cruise parking is free - I also called back to confirm that and was told yes on that as well. I went tonight to one of the Galveston websites and looked at hotel bookings. It was allowing me to book the Harbor House for one night as well. And the price was the same as what I was told - $139 for the nights and includes the parking while we are away on the cruise.

No, I didn't prepay the room - just gave a card number to reserve it. Part of the reason we're willing to pay extra to stay there is we can watch the ship come in from our room (you need to ask for a harbor side room). There are several other hotels in Galveston that do offer lower prices and free parking - and free shuttles.

I have not been there since October of 2003 :( but we only had to stay one night (stayed Saturday, sailed Sunday) and I think it was free but my mom paid so I really don't know. It is a great place to stay and while there may be other places that are cheaper, there is nothing like waking up at 4am and watching her sail into port, turn that big butt around and park while it's all lit up :)

Hi fellow okies and everybody in between. We are staying at Holiday Inn On the Beach, Galveston, free parking as well. Has anybody stayed there before. My 1st hotel was Bestwestern Beachfront and you park for free there also. Happy Sailing:p Kelly

Hi fellow okies and everybody in between. We are staying at Holiday Inn On the Beach, Galveston, free parking as well. Has anybody stayed there before. My 1st hotel was Bestwestern Beachfront and you park for free there also. Happy Sailing:p Kelly

Another Okie! I was begining to believe I was the only one!

I actually have BW and Harbor House booked! Since my cruise is in December, I have plenty of time to decide which place I want to stay. Both had great prices I could not pass up!

We stayed at HI on the Beach for the 12/19 sailing of the Carnival Elation and wish we had stayed at HI Express instead. HI Beach is under remodeling construction and one elevator is disabled. They don't have wireless dsl or dsl at all - they are still on dialup. We also were plagued with ants in our room. Our only good point at the HI Beach was Juan, the bellman. What a sweetie! And he totally rearranged our "shuttle time" which the front desk assigns, and arranged for us to be one of the first groups on the boat. These guys are tight with the boat porters!! Have a great time.

Thanks Brodysmom for reporting on the parking at Harbor House - puts my mind at ease.

Only other place we've stayed in Galveston is the Flagship Hotel - the one on the pier. It was pretty icky as far as the room and the service. But it was so cool being out there on the water. I probably wouldn't stay there again - unless they did some improvements. I still am so drawn by the water though. When we stayed there we slept with the balcony door open all night - slept to the sound of waves. Woke up early and sat on the balcony - and about 6 am saw a school of dolphins right near the shore playing and frolicking. Very cool.

Thanks again. 9 more days! I'll be sure to post a review of the details of Harbor House when we get back on the 24th.

Hi! I know that the original subject was not the Elation, but there seems to be several recent cruisers of that ship here on this forum.

I tried to email directly to two of them, but they requested NOT to receive emails.......IF they return to this forum, I would like to ask:

Please tell me all about your recent experience on Elation.

Any advice? How was ship's condition and staff courtesy?

Any info would be appreciated.... THANKS! :)

Archived