Getting from Seattle to Vancouver BC

faireygod mother

You can take AMTRAK from Seattle into Vancouver. I think it is somewhere around $25.00 to $35.00 per person. Check the AMTRAK web site for more information. The rail station is in downtown Seattle and there is a station in Vancouver not too far from the two cruise terminals. We plan to do this next July and for two adults and one 14 year old it will cost $76.00 (with a AAA discount). Train leaves Seattle at 7:40 a.m. and arrives in Vancouver at 11:35 a.m.

There will likely be a cruise contracted bus, there is an independent bus, Amtrak, one way car rentals.

With Amtrak, you need to add a hotel night and about $35+++ for a cab Seatac/Downtown. Then another cab to port, or Sky Train to Canada Place.

We are taking a Disney cruise in 2011. I was thinking of flying into Seattle and then driving to Vancouver. Are there companies that do this? Am I being unrealistic? I thought we could rent a bus and the whole family could go together to the port.

The downside is it adds another 2.5-4 hours to the trip, but the drive itself it straightforward, straight up I5. The only unknown is the border crossing, which is generally much worse heading south rather than north.

There is also www.quickcoach.com which goes directly to the piers in Vancouver from many pickup locations in Seattle including the airport. We took the Amtrak train to Vancouver ( delightful, scenic ride!) and then the Quickcoach back to SeaTac. If there are a lot of you travelling then renting a mini-van or van might be the least expensive option.

• 1 month later...

Archived