Planning Help Needed

enchantedcruiser

You'll fly into Rome's international airport, Fiumicino (sometimes called Leonardo da Vinci).

Are you planning to stay in Rome for your pre-cruise time? (I'd highly suggest it!)

If so, have a look on the "Italy" board and you'll find many threads with hotel recommendations. Or you can look at hotel reviews on Tripadvisor.com for Rome and/or at hotel listings on Venere.com. The Venere site is helpful because it allows you to search for locations by area within Rome. Areas that are good bets for most people are the Pantheon, Trevi, and Piazza Navona neighborhoods.

My husband and I are taking a Med. Cruise on the Star Princess next Sept.

It leave out of Citavecchia Rome (i know i spelled it wrong) Does anyone know what airport we need to fly into and any good suggestions for a hotel to spend a couple of nights pre cruise?

We cruised on the Star Princess from Civitavecchia two years ago and had a fantastic time. See the photos in my signature.

You don't mention what is your preferred price range for a hotel. As Cruisemom stated, look at the Italy boards for hotel recommendations and a general idea of which Rome neighborhoods are a good base for exploring.

Archived