Status of Carnival Celebration

JAYRAY1259

The wife and I sailed on the Celebration on our 1st cruise which was our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We went with 2 other couples who were also celebrating their 25th Anniversarys all in the same week. We grew up together. As you can see we have fond memories of that cruise which was 8-10-91, San Juan, St Thomas, St. Martin's. We have since done a lot of cruising but We always think back to that cruise.

Does anyone have any news of her whereabouts and any recent photo's?

We are leaving on Nov. 1st on the Freedom of the Seas. Western Caribbean. That's about 4 times the size of the Celebration.

We had a great time on that first cruise though.

Thanks for any feedback

Joe & Libby

The wife and I sailed on the Celebration on our 1st cruise which was our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We went with 2 other couples who were also celebrating their 25th Anniversarys all in the same week. We grew up together. As you can see we have fond memories of that cruise which was 8-10-91, San Juan, St Thomas, St. Martin's. We have since done a lot of cruising but We always think back to that cruise.

Does anyone have any news of her whereabouts and any recent photo's?

We are leaving on Nov. 1st on the Freedom of the Seas. Western Caribbean. That's about 4 times the size of the Celebration.

We had a great time on that first cruise though.

Thanks for any feedback

Joe & Libby

She was sold to a Europe based Carnival subsidiary, refurbed and sailing I believe out of Spain. As part of the refurb, they painted the funnel black. The Celebration was our first cruise back in 96, and only have very special and fond memories of her.

She was sold to a Europe based Carnival subsidiary, refurbed and sailing I believe out of Spain. As part of the refurb, they painted the funnel black. The Celebration was our first cruise back in 96, and only have very special and fond memories of her.

I dont know where you got the black funnel from but here is her current photo. The funnel is blue.

Grand_Celebration_2008-12-12_02.JPG

The Celebration in 1997, out of New Orleans, was our first cruise.

We were told, get an inside cabin because" You never spend any time in your cabin"

Well we went from inside to Ocean view to Balcony.

And now 12 years later our next cruise is on the Carnival Triumph 11/21/2009 in a Balcony cabin. It will be our 6th Carnival cruise. We have also been on NCL Sun out of New Orleans.

We have also cruised on the old Commodore cruise line out of New Orleans. Cruise to no where, western Carribean, etc,

Anyone remember this ship??:

2837249010104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

JimmyJames

PS> This picture is a scan from a postcard.

My very 1st cruise I ever went on was on the Celebration (Oct 1, 1994).

And to think, I thought that ship was huge!! LOL I never could imagine then how big the ships would have grown since then. :eek:

But that cruise got me hooked, no turning back now lol

My very 1st cruise I ever went on was on the Celebration (Oct 1, 1994).

And to think, I thought that ship was huge!! LOL I never could imagine then how big the ships would have grown since then. :eek:

But that cruise got me hooked, no turning back now lol

My thoughts exactly. She was our first and as we walked up to her (we arrived 4 hours before check in), we were amazed by her size.

The Celebration in 1997, out of New Orleans, was our first cruise.

We were told, get an inside cabin because" You never spend any time in your cabin"

Well we went from inside to Ocean view to Balcony.

And now 12 years later our next cruise is on the Carnival Triumph 11/21/2009 in a Balcony cabin. It will be our 6th Carnival cruise. We have also been on NCL Sun out of New Orleans.

We have also cruised on the old Commodore cruise line out of New Orleans. Cruise to no where, western Carribean, etc,

Anyone remember this ship??:

2837249010104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

JimmyJames

PS> This picture is a scan from a postcard.

Ah, good old Commodore. Here's the Caribe, in an early version before they finally put the original funnel back on her. Lots of fun on these old ships....and adventure too.

caribe02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I was on one of her sailings in 2008. She was our first cruise. Loved the intimacy of the ship.

Here's a couple pictures.

n5230340_43146306_2668.jpg

n5230340_43146313_5597.jpg

n5230340_43146965_6941.jpg

Thanks for the pics. We also had an inside cabin. We spent quite a lot of time at the trolley bar. LOL That was a favorite stop.

Thanks again, joe & Libby

Archived