Labadee frequently 'skipped'???

josask

I was warned on another thread that Labadee is frequently skipped due to the weather. We are looking at a January Panama cruise with a stop here. This would be the only real beach stop on the cruise and the kids would be very disappointed if it didn't happen.

Would like to hear others opinions of how often this happens.

I was warned on another thread that Labadee is frequently skipped due to the weather. We are looking at a January Panama cruise with a stop here. This would be the only real beach stop on the cruise and the kids would be very disappointed if it didn't happen.

While anything is possible that is the first to hear that....now CoCo Cay, that's another story.

Until the pier is completed, you're at the mercy of the wind and waves! If it's safe, they'll tender you over...if not, they will skip it.

Hopefully, you'll make it...it's a great place! So far, we've never missed any of the private beaches! Thank goodness--they're my favorite stops!

Its the chance you take a port where the ship tenders passengers back and forth. If the tour/weather allows, sometimes the captain will reverse the route, or visit the port later on in the week. I think that would prefer everyone off the ship, when possible.

We were on the INDY Jan 2009. The weather was great and the sea calm. Labadee was much better than expected. The beach was great, dancers very entertaining. Don't be intimidated by the vendors their just trying to make a living..

Archived