? about one way flight??

sunlover5

We have 4 of us flying to Orlando in March. We have decided to go down 2 days early and airtran has a nonstop CMH-MCO for 89.00 pp. They have the 15.00 bag charge. SW does not open their dates for late March till Oct. 13.

Not sure if I should buy these 89.00 tickets and try for a SW ticket home or just wait it out for a round trip on SW???

Have only flown SW once. I know they don't have baggage charge, but flights out of Ohio for March are so high, so even with the 15.00 charge for bag 89.00 is a great price.

Just curious what to do????????

Let's work on your thinking....

What we have is a problem of taking a known quantity now versus an indefinite one down the road. Game theory.

Just what kind of price were you thinking you might be getting by waiting for WN?? If you don't have that pictured in your mind, then this is all just for amusement.

Now, if you got that kind of "good price" from WN, how happy would you be relative to buying the AirTran ticket? Keep that "value" in mind.

Now, how would you feel if, by waiting, the only tickets available for you cost, not the roughly $105 you would pay now on AirTran, but $150? Or $200?

This doesn't even begin to factor in the question of the return flight. Why aren't you pricing that out as well on AirTran, as well as R/T flights on other carriers?

Finally, haven't you already answered your own question when you state: "even with the 15.00 charge for bag 89.00 is a great price"????

Thanks, just sometimes I like to "think" it out by posting and seeing what others think???

I have priced a roundtrip home from Airtran. Their flight home is 175.00pp.

Other carriers from our airports we have access to is above 350.00 pp.

That is why I am waiting for trip home from SW to open.

Thanks again.

Are you looking at R/T prices on other carriers, or just looking at what the one-way fares are? For many airlines/routes, R/T pricing is lower than adding two one-ways together.

Dates would always help, so that we can give you some real-life info on your options, rather than generalities.

Best I am finding on those dates is from CMH....AirTran at 11:29am on the departure and at 12:09pm for the return (I did not consider the early morning flights on the return, if you are getting off a cruise. Even noon may be too early).

$285 round trip.

I would grab it. Other carriers are significantly more, and you are dealing with a March weekend with Mickey.

Archived