Room service

Can someone refresh my memory? I know that there we a recent change to the room service policy, but I can't remember what. My wife and I usually have breakfast delivered one morning, we are thinking about a couple mornings on our next cruise. Do we need to be prepared for an additional charge above the tip?

Can someone refresh my memory? I know that there we a recent change to the room service policy, but I can't remember what. My wife and I usually have breakfast delivered one morning, we are thinking about a couple mornings on our next cruise. Do we need to be prepared for an additional charge above the tip?
Not unless you are very early risers and want to eat before 5:30am.....There is a $3.95 service charge for room service between 12am and 5:30am. I could be a wee bit off on the hrs. but I'm sure someone will come along with the correct hrs.

Are all Room service menus fleet wide? Do they have a hot breakfast? And a real dinner? Or just sandwiches and salads? I will be on the Monarch.

Breakfast is not as extensive as you will get in MDR or up in Windjammer...but its suficient for the space in which you have to eat. Lunch and Dinner there are hot entrees available. Dinner time usually you can get some of the items being served in MDR...not lobster though.

:)

Breakfast is not as extensive as you will get in MDR or up in Windjammer...but its suficient for the space in which you have to eat. Lunch and Dinner there are hot entrees available. Dinner time usually you can get some of the items being served in MDR...not lobster though.

Dave........who has become a dear friend of ours.......still has a bit to learn about cruising.....especially since we had lobster tails in our cabin for two cruises in a row.

There is no secret..........just book a full size suite, and the dining room will accomadate whatever your needs are............and will place a dining room menu in your cabin daily!

If anyone wants more details..........I'm happy to answer them.:)

Rick

Dave........who has become a dear friend of ours.......still has a bit to learn about cruising.....especially since we had lobster tails in our cabin for two cruises in a row.

There is no secret..........just book a full size suite, and the dining room will accomadate whatever your needs are............and will place a dining room menu in your cabin daily!

Rick

DD and DW had lobster in the cabin as well...generally though it doesn't happen for most cabins. I've always had surf and turf in one of the fine dining locations and its not even on the menu...:D

Rick

Have never had a dining room menu in suite before. Who puts it there? (Cabin Steward or dining room) Did you ask for it?

There is also a loose-leaf folder in your cabin (few folks ever read it!) but it has all of the room service menus, and other info (dress codes, safety issues, all kinds of stuff!)

Pick it up and take a look!

There is a "breakfast request card" you can hang on your doorknob, too.

Archived