Valor 9/6 – 9/13 Pictorial Review

fofita01

[quote name='Kurbanfan']Me too......but out of Tampa:D Been to GC alot of times....and love Cozumel.......but have been longing to go to Roatan.............[/QUOTE]

I'm booking and paying for it this week while our dollars at .95 cents to yours.

[quote name='cherylroslyn']Thanks for the capers....and you two are just so cute........ I love that picture of the painted toenails in the water at Cayman.....that looks like it could be a travel magazine cover.....[/quote]

Welcome and..... Thanks!! LOL :D

[
And this is the coolest picture on the entire cruise!
[IMG]http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/28138/2370562430105379140S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

This photo was not enhanced at all! I was playing with the DiCAPac pouch I bought for my Canon SD750 and submerging it in the water... and I caught a wave in the middle of snaping this picture.

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]Lorena:[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]First, thanks for taking the time to post such a terrific review with all the pics. Wow! If I can keep from literally freezing to death (we've already had freeze warnings... grrrr...), we'll set sail on the Valor in just a little over three weeks. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]You mentioned trying out the DiCAPac pouch. How did it work out? We have Nikon digitals and we're debating one of these pouches over a much more expensive underwater housing. Did you shoot any underwater pictures? Did the pac keep your camera dry?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]Any info would be greatly appreciated![/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]~ Sheryl[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]P.S. I second Cheryl's comments about what lovely young ladies you and Sasha seem to be. We can only wish that all people of your generation would represent themselves as maturely as the two of you did. Did it have anything to do with Adopted Dad John keeping an eye out? Did your parents secretly hire him??? ... lol :p[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='FreezingInMichigan'][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]Lorena:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]First, thanks for taking the time to post such a terrific review with all the pics. Wow! If I can keep from literally freezing to death (we've already had freeze warnings... grrrr...), we'll set sail on the Valor in just a little over three weeks. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]You mentioned trying out the DiCAPac pouch. How did it work out? We have Nikon digitals and we're debating one of these pouches over a much more expensive underwater housing. Did you shoot any underwater pictures? Did the pac keep your camera dry?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]Any info would be greatly appreciated![/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]P.S. I second Cheryl's comments about what lovely young ladies you and Sasha seem to be. We can only wish that all people of your generation would represent themselves as maturely as the two of you did. Did it have anything to do with Adopted Dad John keeping an eye out? Did your parents secretly hire him??? ... lol :p[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

Hi Sheryl,

You are welcome! You will have a terrific time on the cruise in nice WARM weather! :p

[B]DiCAPac Pouch[/B] - I read many reviews about them and even inquired here on the boards to get the Pros/Cons. Well, I went ahead and bought it after debating for a month.

The model I bought fit both my Canon SD750 and my VERY OLD "Beach Camera" - Nikon Coolpix 4600... so even better. I ended up using my Nikon with the pouch, and this was the camera I took "off the ship".

[B]Now onto the Pros and Cons - in MY Opinion:[/B]
[B]- PROS:[/B] 1) cost effective (I bought it for $30 on Ebay), 2) gets it's job done by shooting clear pictures and protecting the camera, 3) easy to use.
[B]- CONS:[/B] 1) if its really hot and humid outside the "lens" area fogs up and it makes your pictures "hazy", 2) the camera lens would move around inside the pouch, so sometimes the pouch lens frame would get in the way of the picture (see example below), 3) I wish the pouch fit more "snug" around the camera.

[IMG]http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/45962/2772852580105379140S500x500Q85.jpg[/IMG]

So yeah, it did keep my camera dry and yes, I shot a bunch of underwater pictures and they were very clear (See below).... but I didnt go snorkeling so they arent that interesting! :rolleyes:

[IMG]http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/18912/2736067310105379140S500x500Q85.jpg[/IMG]

And thanks... we are very mature and self-respecting ladies :p.

[quote name='fofita01']Hi Sheryl,

You are welcome! You will have a terrific time on the cruise in nice WARM weather! :p

[B]DiCAPac Pouch[/B] - I read many reviews about them and even inquired here on the boards to get the Pros/Cons. Well, I went ahead and bought it after debating for a month.

The model I bought fit both my Canon SD750 and my VERY OLD "Beach Camera" - Nikon Coolpix 4600... so even better. I ended up using my Nikon with the pouch, and this was the camera I took "off the ship".

[B]Now onto the Pros and Cons - in MY Opinion:[/B]
[B]- PROS:[/B] 1) cost effective (I bought it for $30 on Ebay), 2) gets it's job done by shooting clear pictures and protecting the camera, 3) easy to use.
[B]- CONS:[/B] 1) if its really hot and humid outside the "lens" area fogs up and it makes your pictures "hazy", 2) the camera lens would move around inside the pouch, so sometimes the pouch lens frame would get in the way of the picture (see example below), 3) I wish the pouch fit more "snug" around the camera.

[IMG]http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/45962/2772852580105379140S500x500Q85.jpg[/IMG]

So yeah, it did keep my camera dry and yes, I shot a bunch of underwater pictures and they were very clear (See below).... but I didnt go snorkeling so they arent that interesting! :rolleyes:

[IMG]http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/18912/2736067310105379140S500x500Q85.jpg[/IMG]

And thanks... we are very mature and self-respecting ladies :p.[/quote]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]Lorena:[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]That's for the info. That's exactly what I needed to know. :)[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]And I hope you very mature self-respecting ladies have at least a few not so mature self-respecting stories to embarrass your kids with someday... lol[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkgreen]Thanks again,[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B][U]SHERYL SAYS:[/U][/B]
P.S. I second Cheryl's comments about what lovely young ladies you and Sasha seem to be. We can only wish that all people of your generation would represent themselves as maturely as the two of you did. Did it have anything to do with Adopted Dad John keeping an eye out? [B][U]Did your parents secretly hire him??? [/U][/B]... lol

[B][U]I SAYS:[/U][/B]
SHHHHHHHHH! They ain't spos'd to know.........

[B][U]LORENA:[/U][/B]
job hunting? Blecccchhhhhhhhh!

[B][U]OK, Here's the truth:[/U][/B]
Meeting Lorena and Sasha and being able to spend time
with them on a couple shore trips, and them allowing me
their company throughout the ship on many occasions,
I can tell you this:
They are both lovely, intelligent, capable young ladies and
I couldn't be more proud of them were they my own daughters.

John............

[quote name='fofita01']Hi - not sure what you mean? What do you want me to post again - the whole section of the review? Let me know![/quote]

Everthing after the sentence about the canapes and the reception invitation (when your cabinmate wasn't feeling well) is garbled symbols?? If you could post that section again. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='happycruiser1960']Everthing after the sentence about the canapes and the reception invitation (when your cabinmate wasn't feeling well) is garbled symbols?? If you could post that section again. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Hi happycruiser,
The garbled symbols are actually written in "wing-ding" font. Not sure how it got converted, but if you copy the gibberish and paste it into Word, it should convert it back into your default font :). Hope this helps.
John

[quote name='Smoke_1']Hi happycruiser,
The garbled symbols are actually written in "wing-ding" font. Not sure how it got converted, but if you copy the gibberish and paste it into Word, it should convert it back into your default font :). Hope this helps.
John[/quote]

Thanks John. It worked!!!

Great. Glad it worked for you. Now, Lorena can use her extra time for the review :D.
Lorena, I'm enjoying all the pictures and your review and I think I've got most of my crowd convinced that theis is the trip for us. Thanks :)
John

[quote name='RAF007']Can't wait for the rest...Leaving on this cruise on 11/29/09, counting down the days...Keep up the great work with this review! :cool:[/QUOTE]

OMG!!! :D The world is such a small place. It was great meeting you and Jennie. You are going to have a blast. And maybe next time you guys, Erica, and Sussie can go on a cruise together!!!

Feel free to email me if you have any questions - [email]fofi_01@hotmail.com[/email]

What a great review - having so much fun reading this.

We are cruising in January and received an email yesterday that our itinerary was changing. Same ports but they reversed the cruise and we have earlier/longer times in Roatan; I believe due to the new pier being ready

One question (sorry if you answered it I've been reading for an hour) how much did you guys pay for the taxi to get to Seven Mile Beach, and what area did you get off at......my sisters are going to spend the day at Seven Mile Beach, we are renting a car, and they are trying to figure out what area is best for them.

Thanks, but waiting for Roatan is killing me :)

DST,
Can you tell what the ports times/dates are now for Valor sailing 1/10/10?
Just wondering since I did not receive an email and Carnival's website has not changed.
We are planning excursions not with Carnival and want to be sure we have the right dates/times.
Thanks!
M

[quote name='dst']What a great review - having so much fun reading this.

We are cruising in January and received an email yesterday that our itinerary was changing. Same ports but they reversed the cruise and we have earlier/longer times in Roatan; I believe due to the new pier being ready

One question (sorry if you answered it I've been reading for an hour) how much did you guys pay for the taxi to get to Seven Mile Beach, and what area did you get off at......my sisters are going to spend the day at Seven Mile Beach, we are renting a car, and they are trying to figure out what area is best for them.

Thanks, but waiting for Roatan is killing me :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reading!! Glad you are enjoying it. The taxi was $4 per person each way to Seven Mile Beach. We went to the Royal Palm Resort area. We really liked there for a lazy day at the beach.

Posting Roatan as soon as I get home in a couple of hours.

[quote name='omama']DST,
Can you tell what the ports times/dates are now for Valor sailing 1/10/10?
Just wondering since I did not receive an email and Carnival's website has not changed.
We are planning excursions not with Carnival and want to be sure we have the right dates/times.
Thanks!
M[/quote]

I wonder if our cruise is the first one they are doing - I logged onto the Carnival site and the changes were on our itinerary - in any case here are the changes:

Sea
Cozumel 7:00-5:00
Belize 8:00-5:00
Roatan 7:00-3:00
Grand Cayman 10:00-6:00
Sea
I believe I read that Roatan is opening a new pier and it was going to be ready in January so I assume this was the reason for the change

[quote name='fofita01']Thanks for reading!! Glad you are enjoying it. The taxi was $4 per person each way to Seven Mile Beach. We went to the Royal Palm Resort area. We really liked there for a lazy day at the beach.

Posting Roatan as soon as I get home in a couple of hours.[/quote]

Thanks so much - I will pass this info onto my sisters. We will rent a car and head to Rum Point, one of my favorite areas

waiting for more............

[quote name='fofita01']Thanks for reading!! Glad you are enjoying it. The taxi was $4 per person each way to Seven Mile Beach. We went to the Royal Palm Resort area. We really liked there for a lazy day at the beach.

Posting Roatan as soon as I get home in a couple of hours.[/quote]

Girl, you're killing me;) I just can't take the anticipation. I know you have another life but I don't. I am sitting here waiting on the rest of your review (please). :)

Archived