Behind the Fun Tours

cruizer4662

We weren't aware that they had this on the Pride last month. We were at the past guest party when they announced that they were adding a second group of 16 right now. DH immediately went to the excursion desk and booked it. So I guess you should go to the excursion desk as soon as you board and see if it is available, unles it is listed on Carnival's site.

There were no phones or cameras allowed, they were very strict about this rule, but they took our pictures as a group with the head chef and individually and couples with the captain on the bridge- 8x10! They also included a book of pictures taken by Carnival employees, a baseball cap, a wrist band, lanyard and a bag, all with the Behind The Fun logo. We also stopped in the supper club for a glass of champagne or juice.

This tour was well worth the money if you are interested in seeing everything about what goes on behind the scenes.

I did this. My wife signed me up as an anniversary gift. It was great. She signed me up at the shore excursion desk on the day we were in Grand Caymen. We were on the Valor, Sept 20 sailing. It costs $95 dollars and the tour was like 3 1/2 hours. You LITERALLY go all over the ship. The only thing we did not see was the crew's sleeping quarters, there was no empty cabins. You see alot of different areas. Freezers, coolers, backstage behind the main theater. You will go to the bow of ship in the crew area. You will see the different eating areas for the crew(messes), And yes you WILL go to the bridge. You meet the Captain(master). You get couple of pictures, that are given to you. You don't pay for them. You also get a baseball hat, a backpack, and a lanyard that says Benhind the fun on it. Overall it was great. It was the best present my wife could have given me. Pretty much whatever you can think of the crew will answer. So I learned alot. The tour guide will deliver the pictures you took earlier at dinner. She even answered some of the questions my wife had. So if you really like cruising it is definitely worth it. Oh yea you will do a tour of the kitchen but it is unlike the kitchen tour the ship gives to everyone else. On the Valor the head chef, started out on another ship as a omlette maker, and now head chef. IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE MONEY. The only problem is it is only offered on some ships. The VALOR was one of them and I am not sure what other ships have it. I think the conquest size ships only have it but I am not 100% sure. They are unsure if they are going to expand it fleet wide. Most likely they will but it would not be on all ships, only some. Hope you do it and enjoy it. If you have any questions please ask. Hope this helps

it is only available on the ship, not the the website at all. Forgot about the wristband sorry. Apparantly they do have it on some ships already. Ithought it was conquest class only, guess I am wrong. I was really great.

I got to go on the first one offered on the Fantasy.

The tour was not offered on the 9/28 sailing but was on the 10/2 sailing.

The tour was $55 per person and the first tour booked full and they offered a second and it was full also. It was well worth the money. I must say that those who work on these ships work very hard and very long hours.

I got to go on the first one offered on the Fantasy.

The tour was not offered on the 9/28 sailing but was on the 10/2 sailing.

The tour was $55 per person and the first tour booked full and they offered a second and it was full also. It was well worth the money. I must say that those who work on these ships work very hard and very long hours.

Assuming this is a typo??...as the price is $95

• 1 month later...

we took the tour on The TRIUMPH last week and loved it. When we signed up, we were the first but they offered TWO tours one at 9:00 and at 9:30.

We have a 7 year old son who would have loved to go but we read the paper and it said minimum age 13.....so we didnt buy him a ticket...he was very disappointed....but agreed to go to camp carnival....so when we get to the lounge to start the tour....there is a 5 year old!

We asked if we could go get our son...but was told no becuase the tour was full....

Then....to make it worse....when he sees the pictures....that's right...with the kid in it...he was upset and said that he thought kids couldn't go.....imagine explaining that to a seven year old.

I hate it when you follow the rules and get screwed

Was on a family cruise over Thanksgiving on the Miracle. Tried to book for all of us (5) but they would not under any circumstances allow my 8 year old grandson go. Even tried to request it as all of us except him are VIP's. Still no!

Archived