Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

That's 58 working days, right?? I seem to recall you are retiring in January, same as us?? Either way, its soooo close. Whoot Whoot!!

Ok! I'm switching from counting weeks to counting days. I'm at 54 days and that ends up being Jan. 15 or 16, so we will be close. ;)

Deb

Deb,

you won't believe how fast the time flies.

I started with a countdawn of both calendar days and work shifts, and had subtracted the 6 weeks of unused vacation time plus the 3 weeks i would earn until it all played out - bottom line is i havent worked a full 5 days since I decided to retire. (I'm a nurse and they are used to us using days, not required to use whole weeks at a time) Its actually kind of hard to take 9 weeks plus keep up with a job that needs ti be done and train your replacement!

Some of the staff thought i had switched to part-time.

but counting down each day becme a daily routine, and the summer sped by...and now fall is rushing past... next wednesday I am officially retired.

Next week ground breaks on my new house. By the end of January I will be moving...and in the meantime i have my next cruise to plan...now this is a future worth anticipation!

this has been quite a year!

Ok! I'm switching from counting weeks to counting days. I'm at 54 days and that ends up being Jan. 15 or 16, so we will be close. ;)

Deb

Sounds great!! I'm at 103 more calendar days, or 52 more working days. That should put me at January 19. Since that is MLK day, I need to figure out if I need to record time e.g. working, annual, sick, furlough, etc. the day after the holiday in order to get the holiday pay. Jeez, such complicated issues:o;)

So for my big 55 next July 6th, I would like to enjoy it on Cruise. But not on Carnival or Royal Caribbean nor the Caribbean Islands. I am part Hawaiian but have never done any Pacific Island Cruise or Med Cruise. Anyone suggestions?

So for my big 55 next July 6th, I would like to enjoy it on Cruise. But not on Carnival or Royal Caribbean nor the Caribbean Islands. I am part Hawaiian but have never done any Pacific Island Cruise or Med Cruise. Anyone suggestions?

I have done both cruises. Have you ever been to Hawaii?

Deb

NCL has a ship that leaves from Honolulu. Most people stay a few days there to see the area. The islands are great! Loved Maui the most!!

The Med. is something to see also. The culture and areas we went were very interesting. Stayed in Rome 3 days to see the area then went around the tip of Italy and stopped at different places. This cruise went to Athens but also Turkey. Great experience!

Deb

Deb, I am part Hawaiian, and have family there. Also I lived and was stationed there for 5 years. NCL have the Pride of America that does a 7 day Hawaiian Island Tour.

I might do the Med Cruise if they have a good single rate.

I've been on CC for quite some time, but never found this thread before. Hubby has 236 calendar days until retirement, hmmm, have to do the math on the working days, but he's seriously short timing it now training his replacement, LOL. We sold our home a year ago and once he retires, we plan on full time rv'ing and travelling the US (with some cruises thrown in here and there. :) )

I've been on CC for quite some time, but never found this thread before. Hubby has 236 calendar days until retirement, hmmm, have to do the math on the working days, but he's seriously short timing it now training his replacement, LOL. We sold our home a year ago and once he retires, we plan on full time rv'ing and travelling the US (with some cruises thrown in here and there. :) )

Sounds like a great plan. You need to join in on our hump days!!

Deb

Glad you found us and welcome to the thread. I've been here for about a year or so, others longer, and others have come and gone. Its been fun counting down the weeks, hump days and days with y'all. 98 more calendar days - double digits whoot whoot!!

We won't sell our home right away as we plan on staying in the area for the foreseeable future. We have a 5th wheel and hope to use it a lot over the next several years. And of course a sprinkling of cruises here and there:D