Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

Hi all, was away for several days, finally getting caught up with all my CC threads.

Yup, another Hump Day, looking at 10 more Hump Days left to go. Down to 76 calendar days, 41 work days to go (not counting any "sick" days;))!!

Whoot Whoot!!

Question??? How many times do you check your calendar to see how many days you have left to work??? My answer is almost daily now!!! And checking off each day with a permanent marker...6 days left in November, 14 days in December and not a whole lot of days in January!! Not sure because of vacation days and definite retirement date not yet set. Whoot! Whoot!

Deb

Question??? How many times do you check your calendar to see how many days you have left to work??? My answer is almost daily now!!! And checking off each day with a permanent marker...6 days left in November, 14 days in December and not a whole lot of days in January!! Not sure because of vacation days and definite retirement date not yet set. Whoot! Whoot!

Deb

Hi Debbie,

Today is my second day of parent teacher conferences. I know you are not missing that part of teaching. Are you going to sub after you retire?

Deb

Ha, I don't need to look at the calendar, it is in the 'ol cranium. Can't get it out of my head either, thinking about it constantly. Its like a kid waiting for Christmas. As of today, 70 more calendar days, 38 more work days. Also have an app on the phone, but I don't need it anymore, more of a conversation piece I guess.

Deb, I think you and I are on the same retirement trajectory - my last day is officially January 20.

Hi Debbie,

Today is my second day of parent teacher conferences. I know you are not missing that part of teaching. Are you going to sub after you retire?

No, not missing that part, testing, grading, or Common Core.. EEK!!!. Ours is Friday and I will be laminating and cutting things out for the next week. Lol, not going to sub for the first year off because for some strange reason it is not allowed. Might do it after that but not for extended times. Like at the most 2 times a week....lol;)

Deb

Ha, I don't need to look at the calendar, it is in the 'ol cranium. Can't get it out of my head either, thinking about it constantly. Its like a kid waiting for Christmas. As of today, 70 more calendar days, 38 more work days. Also have an app on the phone, but I don't need it anymore, more of a conversation piece I guess.

Deb, I think you and I are on the same retirement trajectory - my last day is officially January 20.

Lol, my cranium doesn't work as well as yours!! I'll find out in December when my last day will be official. Just depends on how many sick days are left. I'm taking some for new grandbaby and for when I'm feeling "sick". ;) That does happen sometimes.:) I can actually put down my official retirement date as January 28, but will probably not go in for 2 weeks before that. It will be a close race between us!! Lol...I hope we tie or I win!!!! But it sounds like we both will win!!!:):):)

Deb

Ditto!! :)

I love your puppy picture. Getting me a new one in late December. I put the deposit on her yesterday. She is a sweet little tiny toy poodle. We had one for 17 years and I finally decided to get another one. She is my retirement present to me....lol...that's what I told my husband...hehehehe. my future spoiled puppy!!1415756217588.jpg.c0d0e5726f5dfe3f7ac61dd9abdbbf3d.jpg

Deb

Last post for the day although it should have been the first post. THANK YOU to all the Veteran's who served for our country!! At school today we had Veterans from our area as guests of the school. They spoke to the students, raised our flag with our local boy scouts, did a 21 gun salute, and a closing prayer. You can't ask for better guests than these great people that served our country. And yes, there were some from World War 2 which was super special.:)

Deb

No, not missing that part, testing, grading, or Common Core.. EEK!!!. Ours is Friday and I will be laminating and cutting things out for the next week. Lol, not going to sub for the first year off because for some strange reason it is not allowed. Might do it after that but not for extended times. Like at the most 2 times a week....lol;)

Deb

Each school system is different. When I retire (a few years down the road), I plan to either sub or work part time. I can collect my pension and still work for ADW as long as it is less than 20 hours. But that is down the road.

Thoughts about subbing after retirement -- not for me! No. 1 -- very little pay (less than $90 per day take home) No. 2 -- did that to start my career and don't feel like ending that way. No 3. -- I like not getting up at 5am!!

A friend who retired with me in June decided she was going to sub so that she wouldn't get bored. She is quickly deciding that maybe she doesn't have to do that to keep herself very happy.:)

Well I am NOT retiring yet :), but my friend (she had never cruised before) and I just got back from a short cruise.

I had never done a short cruise before, always a 7 day or longer. I had some vacation to use up, so we went on the Carnival Sensation, an older ship where I had read quite a bit of "negative" reviews on this ship recently, but decided I wanted to "make up my mind" in regard to this ship on my own.

We cruised to the Bahamas, and I "tried" to bring back the warmth to Kansas City, but it would not come, and we NEED the warmth bad right now. :) We found the Sensation, even though it was an older ship, to be a good one, with plenty to do, and the personnel, in "every" area of the ship were just as friendly as could be. We had a great time, and Judy got HOOKED on cruising, and can't want to do another one. :)

Well I am NOT retiring yet :), but my friend (she had never cruised before) and I just got back from a short cruise.

I had never done a short cruise before, always a 7 day or longer. I had some vacation to use up, so we went on the Carnival Sensation, an older ship where I had read quite a bit of "negative" reviews on this ship recently, but decided I wanted to "make up my mind" in regard to this ship on my own.

We cruised to the Bahamas, and I "tried" to bring back the warmth to Kansas City, but it would not come, and we NEED the warmth bad right now. :) We found the Sensation, even though it was an older ship, to be a good one, with plenty to do, and the personnel, in "every" area of the ship were just as friendly as could be. We had a great time, and Judy got HOOKED on cruising, and can't want to do another one. :)

It is so easy to get hooked! Cruising is a great way to travel.

Is it really that wonderful day today. I have one day left to work this month, 14 in December and about 10 in January..WOW!! Doesn't seem possible. Took the day off today to watch grandkids while mom and dad are at the hospital with the latest addition to their family. They had a 7 pound baby girl!! So HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY TO ALL!!!1416425336024.jpg.e8fa542d0433fce9210c204b6a385e28.jpg

Not the regular but will be celebrating soon!! WHOOT! WHOOT!!!

Deb

Tahoemc....what is your cranium telling you???? Lol:)

Deb

There is an increasingly dull thumping in the nogg'n that I translate to say "Get the h e double hockey sticks outta here!!":D

Another 62 calendar days, 32 working days to Jan 20, not including "sick" days - took one yesterday to use my last free round of golf before the end of the year as the weather is definitely turning cold. Thankfully not near as cold as other parts of the country:eek:

Or, another way of saying it.......

8 more Hump Days to go!! Whoot Whoot!!

Is it really that wonderful day today. I have one day left to work this month, 14 in December and about 10 in January..WOW!! Doesn't seem possible. Took the day off today to watch grandkids while mom and dad are at the hospital with the latest addition to their family. They had a 7 pound baby girl!! So HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY TO ALL!!![ATTACH]331609[/ATTACH][ATTACH]331609[/ATTACH]

Not the regular but will be celebrating soon!! WHOOT! WHOOT!!!

Deb

Congrats Deb! We will have number 6 in June.