Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

I have enjoyed my first non-humpday today. Most of it was spent running errands but my time was my own. It is lovely over here in retirement land. Come on over!

Won't be long now, 5.5 more office days, unless that darn golfitis flares up again:D

Hello everyone,

We booked 2 cruises today,

X Solstice 10/31/16 Singapore to Sydney &

X Solstice 03/01/17 Sydney to Sydney.

Dreaming and planning as far out as they allow us.

We retired 2 years ago and took our first cruise on 01/03/13.

We've been on 10 cruises & another 5 booked & still researching others.

Once you retire every day id Friday afternoon.

Only 2 more work days. Tomorrow and then 1/19 and done. Sooooooo looking forward to retirement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me too..full day tomorrow, half days Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday then one last whole day Friday. No golf for me. Just want to sleep late those days...lol. But it isn't feeling completely real yet. I'll let yall know Friday!!

Deb

Only 2 more work days. Tomorrow and then 1/19 and done. Sooooooo looking forward to retirement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me too..full day tomorrow, half days Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday then one last whole day Friday. No golf for me. Just want to sleep late those days...lol. But it isn't feeling completely real yet. I'll let yall know Friday!!

Deb

We're all similarly situated, Friday is my last full day, the holiday on Monday, then 5 hours of "work" and 3 hours of upaid furlough and done!!

Probably no golfitis flare up this week, weather has cooled and possibility of precip towards the weekend.

Can taste it now!

We're all similarly situated, Friday is my last full day, the holiday on Monday, then 5 hours of "work" and 3 hours of upaid furlough and done!!

Probably no golfitis flare up this week, weather has cooled and possibility of precip towards the weekend.

Can taste it now!

Yay us!!!!! 20 working hours and counting!!!

Deb

Congratulations to all the new and recent retirees!!! I've restarted my own countdown- 13 weeks and I'm off on my retirement cruise.

WhooHoo 4 U!!:D That 13 weeks will go by fast, maybe not fast enuff, but fast nonetheless!! Enjoy the countdown, I sure am! (Note: Probably not the "goodest" grammar :o considering we are amongst a high proportion of educators on this thread:p)

WhooHoo 4 U!!:D That 13 weeks will go by fast, maybe not fast enuff, but fast nonetheless!! Enjoy the countdown, I sure am! (Note: Probably not the "goodest" grammar :o considering we are amongst a high proportion of educators on this thread:p)

Geez....you aren't a teacher too....are you??? Wife too???? Well...12 hours and counting!:) ( I must admit...I will miss my little students a lot!!)

Deb

Edited by zlacruising

Congrats to new retirees. Just got off Quantum and actually tried to stay for the next 12 day trip (on the last day of my cruise) but I was too late -- bookings had been closed. But nice to have that flexibility! Best of luck to the newest members of our club:)

Thank you and so glad you are enjoying yourself!!!!

Deb

Geez....you aren't a teacher too....are you??? Wife too???? Well...12 hours and counting!:) ( I must admit...I will miss my little students a lot!!)

Deb

Nope, not a teacher, though I deal with education issues (all levels) in my job, or should I say, soon-to-be former job (:D) as a legislative fiscal analyst. Getting out before the Legislator starts its next session on Feb 2.:D:D:D:cool:

congrats to new retirees. Just got off quantum and actually tried to stay for the next 12 day trip (on the last day of my cruise) but i was too late -- bookings had been closed. But nice to have that flexibility! Best of luck to the newest members of our club:)

thanks!

Hey Mike, HeY Julie, guess what day it is??? Yup, its Hump Day!!!

0020.gif

No more Hump Days after this.....zero....nada.....zilch.....nessuno....aucun....0

WHOOT WHOOT!!

Love it!!! Right there with you!!!!

So tell me in simple English...what exactly you did (notice...past tense...lol)as that analyst???

Deb

Congrats to new retirees. Just got off Quantum and actually tried to stay for the next 12 day trip (on the last day of my cruise) but I was too late -- bookings had been closed. But nice to have that flexibility! Best of luck to the newest members of our club:)

What did you enjoy about the Quantum? We are going on it March 29.

Love it!!! Right there with you!!!!

So tell me in simple English...what exactly you did (notice...past tense...lol)as that analyst???

Deb

Primary duties involved reviewing programs and budget issues for the Legislature. The Nevada Legislature holds biennial sessions starting in February of odd-numbered years, we review and analyze the Governor's recommended budget and provide advice/recommendations to the members of the Legislature. We participate in studies during the interim period between sessions, plus staff an interim committee that reviews program changes to the final leg-approved budget.

At this point in time, I have about 16 hours left to go!!:D I'm just trying to stay out of the way, our office has the Gov's recommended 2015-17 budget, his State of the State speech is tonight, and the office has been in full tilt session mode since the 1st of January. I will miss the my co-workers:(, but not the work and long hours! I have been here 15 years, and a total of 29 years of state service. Time to let the youngn's take over:eek::cool:

Primary duties involved reviewing programs and budget issues for the Legislature. The Nevada Legislature holds biennial sessions starting in February of odd-numbered years, we review and analyze the Governor's recommended budget and provide advice/recommendations to the members of the Legislature. We participate in studies during the interim period between sessions, plus staff an interim committee that reviews program changes to the final leg-approved budget.

At this point in time, I have about 16 hours left to go!!:D I'm just trying to stay out of the way, our office has the Gov's recommended 2015-17 budget, his State of the State speech is tonight, and the office has been in full tilt session mode since the 1st of January. I will miss the my co-workers:(, but not the work and long hours! I have been here 15 years, and a total of 29 years of state service. Time to let the youngn's take over:eek::cool:

Ok...WOW....sounds like you might be missed with all that knowledge you have!! Oh well...too bad...lol!! Retirement here you come!!!:):)

I'm at 8 hours.....finished paper work on retirement today...it felt great signing off on everything. Gee...I might start counting in minutes...480 minutes...lol!!!!

Deb

Ok...WOW....sounds like you might be missed with all that knowledge you have!! Oh well...too bad...lol!! Retirement here you come!!!:):)

I'm at 8 hours.....finished paper work on retirement today...it felt great signing off on everything. Gee...I might start counting in minutes...480 minutes...lol!!!!

Deb

Getting close to the check out line which should be today. Enjoy your retirement!