private tours or cruise ship tours?

Pjholt130

My husband and I are taking the Australian cruise on Royal Carribean's Rhapashy of the Sea on November 21, 2009. We have be trying to decide which is best private or cruise ship tours. We have been on several cruises and alway took cruise boat tours and not always been happy. If anyone have any suggestions on private tours that they have used we would be very happy to hear.

We will be visiting Cairns(Yorkey's Knob), Arlie Beach , Port Douglas and Brisbane. Any Hellp with suggestions in each port would be greatly welcome.

I've been to Brisbane and the two things I would recommend there is to take a ride on the City Cat and visit the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. If you can only do one, do Lone Pine. The City Cat is a ferry service than runs up and down the river that runs through Brisbane. very inexpensive and a nice tour. You can buy a ticket that lets you ride all day and get on and off as you please. Lone Pine is a wonderful park where you can interact with the Kangaroos and Koala's. Here is a link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g255068-d256511-Reviews-Lone_Pine_Koala_Sanctuary-Brisbane_Queensland.html

Don't miss Lone Pine. It is wonderful.

Jon

Hi there.. it is your New England friends..... we are taking the cruise line tours reluctantly.... Mike has booked a private scuba day in Pt Douglas. There are other folks from the ship already signed up too so they should get back on time. That is my fear with private tours there.

By the way. did you sign up for the Meet and MIngle.. we are still a little shy of attendees.

Fran and Mike

• 2 weeks later...
We will be visiting Cairns(Yorkey's Knob), Arlie Beach , Port Douglas and Brisbane. Any Hellp with suggestions in each port would be greatly welcome.

We tendered off Yorkey's knob on the Rhapsody and there is nothing there except a yacht club.

We hired a car and there is a car hire in Yorkeys which is quite a way from cairns.

Rapsody docked in Brisbane but many miles from the city and we had to take the shuttle.

This was late 2007.

Archived