Do they even cancel cruises?

madiandcindy

Has DCL ever cancelled a cruise due to low booking? This might not be an issue but I am booked on the 5/5/10 european cruise and the roll call is so slow, that I started to think there might not be too many bookings for it, I know its early still but the transatlantic cruise in 9/10 has 1500 posts or so. I know we arent the only people booking but it got me thinking, would they cancel if there werent enough people booking? Has anyone known of them cancelling? How soon would they give notice if they were to cancel? I might be getting concerned over nothing but thats me, cant help it :D

I have never known Disney to cancel a cruise for low occupancy. Not everyone uses the boards and I doubt DCL would cancel unless there was only 1 or 2 people on the cruise. They know how much planning goes into cruises and how much money people spend for flights etc so cancelling a cruise is unlikely just because of occupancy. If they loose money on under filling one cruise they make it up on the next.

No, DCL has never cancelled for that reason, and have cancelled less than a handful due to weather conditions - specifically, hurricanes.

If bookings are uncommonly low as they get closer to the sail date, they start offering "last-minute specials" and also open up more spots for land-based Disney cast members to sail at a significant discount.

Except for weather, a group charter, or a serious mechanical failure cruiselines do not cancel cruises. I have never heard of a cruise line canceling due to low bookings unless they were going bankrupt, which DCL isn't in danger of doing.

I normally enroll in roll calls and found some are more active than others at different periods of time.

Archived