Airline Reservations by Carnival

howdy doody

It seems Carnival is chartering a flight for the 2/20/05 destiny cruise from N.y. to Puerto Rico thru Omni Air. Has anyone had this happen before. I assumed we would be flying on American or a Major Airline. I am a bit leery about the arrangements and why we would not be informed before hand.

It seems there are not enough open seats to accomodate all the passengers leaving from N.Y.

When you buy air thru Carnival [or any cruise line] all you're buying a ticket to get from "point A" to "point B". As such, no need to inform you of the arrangements. Unless you pay a "deviation fee" when you originally pay [which gives you some "say" in the arrangements] the tickets can be nonstop/stop constantly/be "redeyes"/or pretty much anything that will save the cruise line money.

The only major requirement is that the airline be "scheduled" or a "scheduled charter". And Omni, which I've flown several times without incident, fits the latter description.

In February of 2003 we were on a Royal Caribbean cruise and returning from San Juan to Pittsburgh via Charlotte. We were 15 minutes over the Atlantic on our USairways Airbus when the left engine failed and we had to turn around for an emergency landing.

I personally have not ever heard of Omni Air but would not let the fact that it is not a major airline deter me. I used to cringe when I boarded an old, dated looking aircraft, not anymore. Our Airbus was new and had problems. You can't judge a book by its cover.

Archived