Price Reduction Problem

hunnypot1

Even if the rate NEVER went down it was still the lowest fare at the time.

I have already benefitted from a $25 pp reduction, so would book this rate again in a heartbeat. Hey, $179 pp for a 4 night cruise in an OV is nothing to sneeze at!

On my second request for rate reduction, I gave them the OV rate, not realizing the variations possible. Now I know. Just a rookie error, being my first Carnival cruise and all...

I wonder if perhaps with the OV guarantee, they *might* have some 6A's that they are using? The reason I say this is because on my Elation cruise in September, I was a 6C but still got ES credit even with when the OV guarantee price was lower. Just curious....:rolleyes:

I called Carnival. The CSR said there were no 8Bs on the Elation.

:)

Yeah unfortunately :( there are no balconies (other than with suites) on the Elation. Maybe someday hopefully...but then, I shouldn't mourn since the Elation is moving anyway. :o

Well, I finally figured out how to find the prices by catagory (6A, 6B, etc.) on the website.

Now the CA rate for my cabin is showing as $164 with no change in the 3rd person rate. Sigh....The CSR quoted as $159 earlier with a $20 drop in the 3rd person rate. I would be nice if Carnival honors his price quote.

Please let us know if they honor this price. That would be awesome!

How do you all find these price drops? I'm looking for any suggestions, this is our first time on Carnival, however, looking to save dimes where we can. :)

Go onto the Carnival site and log out and pretend to book your same cruise online ... make sure you do the advanced search with your state and if you are a past guest or senior in the search fields if you qualify for those as well.

Seems to still be a black hole. I had to resubmit my stock OBC request again. I can see how the price reduction is more worrying, as the price changes constantly, but you just have to do it again.
I faxed my stock OBC request originally, and then after a week without any response, I emailed the request.

After a couple of weeks I emailed Carnival and asked what the status was for my OBC requests. Carnival responded that it take a while to process the requests and mine was currently in process. The following week the OBC appeared on my next two booked cruises.

The wheels move slowly, but they do actually move.

So I have an early saver question... We are booked on the Triumph on 02/13/2010. We are in category 4E and today I looked at the website to see if it went down and now there are no categories listed. You must now choose IS, OV, etc. How do I check the price for my 4E category. I saw IS went 50.00 cheaper and when I filled out the form, Carnival wrote back that it wasn't for my category. Please advise as I am very confused. Thanks in advance!

So I have an early saver question... We are booked on the Triumph on 02/13/2010. We are in category 4E and today I looked at the website to see if it went down and now there are no categories listed. You must now choose IS, OV, etc. How do I check the price for my 4E category. I saw IS went 50.00 cheaper and when I filled out the form, Carnival wrote back that it wasn't for my category. Please advise as I am very confused. Thanks in advance!

Iv never seen only guarantees, so therefore, Im going to guess its the rate code you are looking at that is the problem. fun select is pretty much always available and you select your cabin ... fun saver is only guarantees, its always cheaper for that reason. there is also a past guest and senior rate on your date.

for instance the past guest rate for a 4C has a free upgrade to a 4E at $589 ... how much did you pay

When I choose fun select, for $699 it gave me 10 choices (the max, so there are probably more) of 4Es... so 4Es are not close to being sold out.

If you are 55 or older, senior rate on a 4E is $549.

Only rate that gives guarantees is fun saver .... or maybe you arent clicking on the category tab and only seeing the lowest category in the type of cabin?

The only guarantee a 4E can match to is a higher category ... OV, BL etc. You cant match downward, to a IS. The terms state you have to match the exact category. You cant take a lower price and get OBC, its not a match....but you can move up to a OV guarantee if that price drops below what you paid ... you would have to call and give up your cabin to do it.

CC ate my last post, le grrr, starting again. total for 5 past guest, 4C with free upgrade to 4 E, is $2768.10, so price is up not down.

$589 for first two pax, $449, pax 3, 4 and 5.

past guest rate.... including free upgrade of 2 categories.

Thanks Firefly... So I need to watch the fun select price. I heard that the price will usually go down after the final payment is due which is Nov. 29th. Thanks so much for your help!!

No you can watch any rate that has your category. The price I gave you was for past guest. (fun slect is even more $$)

Just cant watch fun saver, since thats always guarantees.

Ok so I know I am a pain, but I cannot for the life of me find where you got that price. On the carnival website, I put find a cruise, searched it, put in louisiana resident and past guest. When I hit fun select it gives a higher price and fun saver is guarantees. Please explain...

Ok so I know I am a pain, but I cannot for the life of me find where you got that price. On the carnival website, I put find a cruise, searched it, put in louisiana resident and past guest. When I hit fun select it gives a higher price and fun saver is guarantees. Please explain...

On the Carnival site, I brought up your date, then over on the side I put in you were a past guest, I could have put in your state too, but seems residency rates are rare...then I clicked to search... goes to home page (screwy I know), then I click the back button on my computer and past guest rates now show up.

I clicked on inside past guest rate ... after I put in 5 for # of pax ... it took me to a 4C ... at the top of this page there are two tabs, one is category ... click on the category tab to see all the choices for past guests for your date (you wondered why it took me so long to reply right. lol)... so then I see 4C price with a free upgrade to 4E on the choices ... I picked the arrow for that one and it gave me the total price for 5 and the breakdown.

You can also email me (my email is in my profile) and I can explain more. I can take some screen prints too, and email them if you are still having trouble finding how I got that rate.

have you tried doing a advanced search with the above criteria yourself?? That way you dont have to call and talk to reps who sometimes are good, sometimes not. I want to see the rates myself and I would take a screen print of them if I ever got a rate reduction... sighs, so far my categories keep selling out.

This may sound stupid, but how do you do a screen print? It is just saving the page.

This may sound stupid, but how do you do a screen print? It is just saving the page.

I hit the shift key and the alt key with my left hand and the print screen button with my right (its upper case on my computer, hence the shift key), then I go to programs, accessories and open my Paint program (all windows computer have paint), and then I copy it into paint and save it to my desktop or a folder where i know where it is ... after changing it to jpg (bmp is the default), be sure and change the format.

some use a word processing program, but the person who you send it to would need the same word processing program if you choose to save it to some sort of word software, they may not have.

Now its a picture after I save it from paint ..can be emailed like a photo, in jpg format.

We booked ES on both of our upcoming cruises, on the one next we ended up saving $320 each cabin since we first booked back in Feb with all the rate drops! Yesterday I noticed the one in Dec, went down $10 a person and as I was sending the fare adjustment request it dropped to $60! I resubmitted with the new fare, they gave me the OBC for one of the cabins but haven't yet on the other, if nothing tomorrow I will resubmit again. They credited the one within 12 hours! I was surprised!

So just keep submitting! Make copies or print outs of the page, I also take digital pics!

Good Luck!

An update:

As of last night, I had not received a reply to my request. So I checked the rate again. On their website, the CA rate for a 6B was $149. So I sent in a new request.

This morning, they approved the new rate for our 3 person cabin, but sent no reponse for our 2 person cabin.

:confused:

I have sent in a new request just for the second cabin, with reference to the original request.

I hope to get the same rate for both cabins.

We'll see.....

Archived