first time cruiser questions

We are cruising on The Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston. Are the comedy and night entertainment any good? I am a pretty picky eater I like fast food and my husband is looking forward to lobster. Does the dinning room have lots of options for dinner? One last question what do you do at port if you have not bought an excursion? Thanks to all who answer

Hello Heather, have you checked the Roll Call Boards, under the Voyager for you Cruise. I would stop over and see if your particular Cruise is listed and join the Roll Call. There many can assist you, and you can get to knows others who are sailing with you. In the MDR, they generally have quite a selection, and if you choose not to eat there, you have the Windjammer and Specialty Restaurants. If you have not already searched out the Tours. go to the Royal Caribbean Web Site and put in the Month,Destination and Ship your going on, then, select View More Details listed below you cruise and from there you can see the Tours being offered for your Cruise. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000oAlWyo64mYq9zLSP8qZZ9xu:13hldcctq?qvsHome=yes&cS=QVS&date=ANY&dest=ANY&port=GAL&ship=VY&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&cruiseTourOnly=false&btn_findcruises.x=64&btn_findcruises.y=8

Welcome to CC and enjoy your Cruise

We are cruising on The Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston. Are the comedy and night entertainment any good? I am a pretty picky eater I like fast food and my husband is looking forward to lobster. Does the dinning room have lots of options for dinner? One last question what do you do at port if you have not bought an excursion? Thanks to all who answer

If you look outside the main Dining room doors they post the evening menu so you can see what is on offer and decide if you want to eat there that night or try another venue, mind some people like to be surprised so dont look.:rolleyes:

1. entertainment - the productions shows are fine... the comedians vary from good to awful

2. Usually a choice of about 7 appetizers and 7 or more entrees. Plenty of choice.

3. we love to walk around on our own - places like San Juan, Key West, etc.

We were on the Voyager when it was doing the Western Mediterranean last year and we enjoyed the shows.

The dining room usually has around 4-5 choices for appetizer, 1-2 salads, 2-4 main dishes, 3-4 alternative main dishes (same every night, i.e. steak, salmon, etc) and 3-6 desserts.

If you do not purchase an exercusion, it usually depends on the port you are stopping at. Usually there are some shops near the dock you can shop at. In a place like cozumel, you can grab a cab (there are tons of them at the pier) and it will drop you at the center of town to walk around. Then just grab a cab to get back (still tons of them)

Hi Heather, welcome. Once the ship arrives in Galveston next month, the entertainment info will be a little more current. There is an ice skating show that is performed approximately 3 times throughout the week. There are usually 2 production shows - Broadway or a theme type show. There is sometimes a variety show, a magic show, jugglers, comedian whatever. Perhaps once or twice they will have a comedian do a late night adult comedy show as well. Night entertainment - you have the disco, and then there are several different lounges with varied music choices.

Menu - others have covered but usually a beef, chicken, vegetarian, seafood and another option for your entrees. Lobster is only on Friday night. Selection of soups or salads or appetizer each night. 5 selections for dessert.

All sorts of options for ports. Check out the area on this site for each port and see what appeals to you.

The menu has plenty of options...if you don't want a certain sauce, or condiment, request your meal without.....they will do their best to please.

Entertainment is what you make of it....we're not really into the "Production shows"---some love them!

We do enjoy the comedians and guest performers. The on-ship bands are a "hit or miss" sort of thing...some are good---some, not so much!

Get a guidebook on your ports, so you'll know if you can do/see things on your own....then you'll know if paying for an excursion is worth it. Many things are fine to do by yourself, on your own timetable.

Here is a typical 7 day menu that was recently posted.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1076951

There may me slight variations from ship to ship.

Archived