Carnival Dream 9A category cabins - BE CAREFUL

Amerikaner83

Category 9A aft wraps on the Carnival Dream are NOT all equal!

Deck 6 has full wrap with couch, table/chairs,etc. Larger room and big balcony. 2 of these rooms: 6479, 6492

Deck 7 has large wrap (not as large as deck 6), apparently no sofa, but has table/chairs. Rooms 7454, 7459

Deck 8 has two small rooms (no wrap balcony, SMALLEST balcony of the three decks, apparently no couch, barely able to get around the bed). Rooms 8466, 8473.

I say "apparently" to some of these things above because we have not had full information about these cabins yet. Carnival claims all 3 decks and all 6 rooms are exactly the same - wrap around balcony, sofa, table/chairs...etc.

Rooms to AVOID: 8466, 8473.

Rooms to GRAB: 6479, 6492.

Hope this helps everyone thinking of the 9A cabins on the Dream!

Thread will be updated as more information comes out on these cabins.

• 3 weeks later...

We are travelling shortly on the Carnival Dream - Category 7C on Deck 2 - which provides an 'obstructed view' balcony. Am interested in understanding how much 'obstruction' there is to the view ! ! ! My look at the ship plan indciates that the lifboats may be the reason for the obstructed view

Would appreciate any advice

We are travelling shortly on the Carnival Dream - Category 7C on Deck 2 - which provides an 'obstructed view' balcony. Am interested in understanding how much 'obstruction' there is to the view ! ! ! My look at the ship plan indciates that the lifboats may be the reason for the obstructed view

Would appreciate any advice

Yes, you are looking thru or over lifeboats. Some of the cabins have more obstrution than others (taller lifeboats for the first three cabins). Hard to generalize and saw how much obstruction you will have.

As far as the warning about 9As, also be aware that starting Oct 16th, the 9As were recategorized to 9A, 9B and 9C depending on deck.

Also -

the Category 9 cabins specifically 9C rooms 8466 and 8473 DO have the wrap around balcony now...Carnival moved the balcony partitions for those two room son deck 8 to reflect the wrap around balcony. But they still have no couches, and are still smaller than one would expect if they've sailed in similar cabins with Carnival before.

Also -

the Category 9 cabins specifically 9C rooms 8466 and 8473 DO have the wrap around balcony now...Carnival moved the balcony partitions for those two room son deck 8 to reflect the wrap around balcony. But they still have no couches, and are still smaller than one would expect if they've sailed in similar cabins with Carnival before.

• 1 month later...
<snipped> Category 9A aft wraps on the Carnival Dream are NOT all equal!

Rooms to AVOID: 8466, 8473.

Rooms to GRAB: 6479, 6492.

Hope this helps everyone thinking of the 9A cabins on the Dream!

Thread will be updated as more information comes out on these cabins.

We "grabbed" 6492 for the 11/27/10 sailing based solely on the deck plans. Our final decision was to go with the Upper deck as it looked like a larger space. My concern was being directly over the Promenade deck and the night club. We have sailed in an aft cabin on the Valor and found that any noise was easily resolved with ear plugs.

Our friends have booked the aft cabin next to us, so we'll have an extra-extra large balcony!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
We "grabbed" 6492 for the 11/27/10 sailing based solely on the deck plans. Our final decision was to go with the Upper deck as it looked like a larger space. My concern was being directly over the Promenade deck and the night club. We have sailed in an aft cabin on the Valor and found that any noise was easily resolved with ear plugs.

Our friends have booked the aft cabin next to us, so we'll have an extra-extra large balcony!

I'm booked in this cabin May 2011..please let me know how you liked it. Have fun and happy sailing

We are booked in cabin 8473 for Sept. 25th cruise. I understate that is 185sq room and 75sq balcony, is that correct?

I'm booked in this room for next year. Please let me know what you think about it. Thanks and have a great trip.

We had a 9A on one of our Carnival cruises and really liked it. We liked the upgraded furniture and oversized balcony - the cabin was wrapped around behind one of the elevators. But to be honest, I don't remember which ship or cabin number. My reason for posting is this: there are very few 9A cabins and they tend to sell out quick. This has the side effect of creating a situation where you will never get a price reduction no matter how much the other categories get discounted, because there is no need to sell any more 9A cabins.

Please help, I want to know if 7C on the Carnival Dream Cove balcony is good ? Is it obstructed ?

No it is not obstructed by lifeboats. It is enclosed within the hull of the ship and the balcony has a large oval steel opening. See picture below:

CIMG0066.jpg

All the cove balconies are right above the red line painted towards the bottom of the hull. As you can see, the lifeboats are two full decks above.

However, I have been warned that to try and make sure that your cabin is not under the galley as the noise coming from above may be disturbing. So check your cabin number, look at a deck plan and try and see if you are located in a relatively quiet area. My cabin is further forward and has nothing really above it.

• 1 month later...
We are booked in cabin 8473 for Sept. 25th cruise. I understate that is 185sq room and 75sq balcony, is that correct?

Did you sail in this room. What are your thoughts about it. This will be our first cruise with Carnival and I have read mixed emotions about this room.

Did you sail in this room. What are your thoughts about it. This will be our first cruise with Carnival and I have read mixed emotions about this room.

Yes we did stay in this cabin. The room is odd shaped, but the balcony is huge. The only time we felt movement was when we docked. The cabin would vibrate something horrible, and it was always in the early morning hours. We would book this cabin again.

Yes we did stay in this cabin. The room is odd shaped, but the balcony is huge. The only time we felt movement was when we docked. The cabin would vibrate something horrible, and it was always in the early morning hours. We would book this cabin again.

Thank you. I am feeling better about booking this room.

• 8 months later...

Hi, Have booked 6492 on the Dream for May 2012. I haven't seen any recent reviews on this cabin [aft wrap around]. This is our first aft and our first wrap around. Noticed some of you reported on this thread that you had booked this room. What were your thoughts on this regarding noise, motion, size of room. Also are there loungers on this deck? We originally booked one of the wrap arounds on deck 8 but read that these rooms were small.

Archived