Win Prizes: Classical Music Competition with Hapag-Lloyd Cruises and Cruise Critic!

melissa@cruisecritic

member name: stitcher10000

drawings 2 (if the tickets could be given away to a deserving young opera lover), 3, 4, 5

(Our 15 year old nephew is crazy about opera and has actually sung something from The Barber of Seville, but must wait for his voice to fully develop to work on some advanced pieces to avoid harming his voice. Any of those prizes would make a wonderful gift for him for sure, but if one could give away tickets to the Met for a professional performance of The Barber of Seville, that would be outstanding!)

TY for posting about the upcoming availability of the actual operatic performances as now I can share that info with our nephew and his parents.

BTW, I never realized this cruise line being featured (Hapag-Lloyd) even existed! My husband speaks some German, so we will definitely add this cruise line to the list of potential future travel options, especially if they will have some bilingual cruise offerings down the line....

......Post your member name and the drawings you'd like to enter.....

THE DRAWINGS

Drawing 2: One (1) winner will receive one (1) pair of tickets to the Metropolitan Opera House's Barber of Seville performance on February 26, 2010.

Drawing 3: Three (3) winners will each receive one (1) stationery kit/DVD prize pack from the Metropolitan, New York.

Drawing 4: Four (4) winners will each receive one (1) DVD from Opernhaus, Zurich.

Drawing 5: Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) DVD from the Royal Opera House, London.

Good luck! And be sure to mark your calendars so you don't miss out on the Stella Maris competition onboard Europa and Cruise Critic's Members Choice Award voting! We'll offer video footage of each performance as soon as it's transmitted from the ship.

My nephew's wife is onboard this cruise performing as the representative from the Metropolitan Opera. She said the ship is amazing. My nephew said they have to learn a ridiculous number of songs in five different languages as they don't know until they appear which selection the judges are going to ask them to perform. I can't wait until she gets back and we get the full scoop!

I'd like to enter numbers 2, 3 and 6 please!!

Please don't take it personally -- every country has its own, often strict laws regarding sweepstakes and it is simply not legally possible for us to open contests up beyond the U.S., U.K. and Canada at this time. We hope you understand!

Why is this not open to other Europeans! :mad::mad::mad: (by now I am getting used to the fact you are keeping this stuff to yourselves!!!)

That is so exciting! If they share any anecdotes, insights or photos with you -- we'd love to see them here! Best of luck to her.

My nephew's wife is onboard this cruise performing as the representative from the Metropolitan Opera. She said the ship is amazing. My nephew said they have to learn a ridiculous number of songs in five different languages as they don't know until they appear which selection the judges are going to ask them to perform. I can't wait until she gets back and we get the full scoop!

I'd like to enter numbers 2, 3 and 6 please!!

Archived