JOLLY PIRATES is the BEST

cmjaffe

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking to Do an afternoon Snorkeling trip and the Jolly Pirates does not do one on Fridays.

I was wondering if any one has done the RED Sail sports tours??

Antilla Snorkel Sail

Visit two snorkel stops at the wreck of the Antilla/Catalina Bay, a 400' sunken German freighter. Includes snacks, beverages and snorkeling equipment.

Daily, except Tuesday 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM

Adults...$39.50, Children (3-11)...$19.75

This is the one I'm looking at, please let me know any info. anyone knows about the Red Sail sports.

Thanks Randy :)

I used Red Sail in Grand Cayman and they were just great!

Thanks.... Was it an up beat type or trip. I don't need a full party boat, but I have been on some that are not very out going.

and was there drinks and snacks on yours ??

We had a small glass bottom boat that held about 20 people. Very nice. Absolutely noone except us were cruisers. We took the Stingray Sail from their Rum Point Location, which is about 45 minutes from the cruise ship pier. We had rented a car for the day, explored the island, ending up at Rum Point and then took this 2 hour stingray tour. They were very nice. I think all that was offered on our 2 hour was oranges after swimming. I would do it again.

• 1 month later...

Jolly Pirates and Red Sail both have excellent reputations.

Sometimes it's much easier to book through the cruise line because then the tour will pick you up at the pier and transport to the tour site. It can be a pain in the butt to have to get a taxi or take a bus, etc...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you for the great reviews on this we have booked the Jolly Pirates for our March, 2006 Princess Golden Southern Cruise.

I sent an email before booking and the response was almost immediate and to my satisfaction.:) Carla also sent along some pics that corresponded to my inquiries and I received confirmation in less than 24 hours.

We are doing the sail, snorkel and swing.

Thanks again. :)

Hi, I would suggest you go to their website and email them asking the question or questions you may have. They are very responsive and until you fill out any form, you will not be under any obligation.

I think this is about a 5 hour sail with 3 stops for snorkeling and swimming.

If you think your 4 year old would enjoy this type of outing, then go for it.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Would the Jolly Pirate excurison be ok for my almost 4 year old?

i would think it would depend on whether or not the child could swim... i believe they gave out life jackets, so as long they have on a life jacket and you or someone else is with them at all times i don't see it as a problem... but i would definitely call or email jollypirates and ask them

Just looking for reassurance here, I guess, so I can book. We have 5 ladies going of very different ages (1 is 20, 1 is 30's, 1 is 40's, 1 is 50's, and 1 is a very active 73). We are planning on having a GREAT time! And they are all interested in doing this excursion. Now, the 73 year old does not want to do any snorkeling AT ALL, but she thought the excursion still sounded good to her. I've seen a post earlier about this....but do most of you think going but staying on the ship/boat would still be enjoyable? We go in just 2 weeks, so I will go ahead and book it if I get some responses that assure me she'll *likely* still enjoy herself. thanks!

I am not a rep of the co. nor have I dont the sail yet... but My impression (only) from speaking to the Reps on the phone is that this is basically a sail with stops to snorkel. If you want to snorkel great, if not, great too. They also have other things on the boat ... e.g. a swing to swing off the ship and fall into the water, along with snacks and beverages... fun for kids of all ages.

when we were on the ship, not everyone snorkeled... when we were doing the ropeswing, my bf didn't go into the water and still had a great time (eventually i got him to go in). the crew stays on the ship and so do other people and they all looked like they were having a great time, the crew was great and really really friendly and fun. the food was great too! and the drinks :)

i hope that helps... we had a great time and i'm sure you and your group will too :) good luck!

thanks tarababy18 & makethegrade for the responses! Was very reassuring to me, and now I'll be booking tomorrow! thanks!

you're welcome... if you need anything else just let me know.... if you go into my pictures (the link is in my signature), there are pictures from Jolly Pirates in the Aruba section :)

How did you get the underwater pictures? I would think one of those underwater cameras? (duh?)... buy you only have a few of them....

for the underwater pictures we used a kodak disposable underwater camera that we bought before we left for the cruise. there are some more underwater pictures in the barbados section of my pictures that i took when we were swimming with the turtles. i brought 2 cameras with me and if i had another i would've continued to take pictures (i'm a big photo buff :)) i didn't develop them until i got back to the states because i didn't want to pay the prices on the ship when i can get it done cheaper here.

they sell cases for cameras that are waterproof, my uncle has one for when he goes diving, but they're expensive and only a few cameras fit as far as i know...

Archived