JOLLY PIRATES is the BEST

cmjaffe

Great pics Tara. We have booked this for March, 06. Looking forward to the day. What type of life jackets do they have? Is there plenty of shade for us folks with the "do nothing but burn" skin? :D Is it easy to get off and on the boat for swimming or snorkeling? I have a bum left knee :eek:

Just did this tour a week ago....had a great time....they use regular lifejackets...so a bit bulky....not the little blow up type other times I have gone snorkling....only really have to use them when over the sunken German frieghter as off shore and can get choppy and the water is very deep...other two snorkling spots are close to shore so do not need them....lots of shady spots on the ship and when under sail more shade behind the sails....they use a 5 or 6 step big ladder to get on and off the ship...easy and they help you us the stairs if you have trouble....snorkling equipment was fairly new so did not use mine...hope this helps...Ken and Judy

Great pics Tara. We have booked this for March, 06. Looking forward to the day. What type of life jackets do they have? Is there plenty of shade for us folks with the "do nothing but burn" skin? :D Is it easy to get off and on the boat for swimming or snorkeling? I have a bum left knee :eek:

i have bum knees too and i had no problems getting on and off of the ship. the water wasn't that choppy when we were over the shipwreck but after using the ropeswing, i stayed in the water and it was a bit strong then, i'm a pretty good swimmer so it was ok for me, but if you're not, i would use a life jacket. also, if you have any problems getting on, there are plenty of people that are willing to help, even the other passengers were helping each other :) i hope this info helps... (sorry it took me so long to reply, i've been busy with school work and such)

kelowana and tarababy - thanks so much for the info. I think I will visit our Marine store and see what they have. I do not swim at all except when in a pool and then I stay close to the side. :)

Thanks for the info on the shade too. It sounds like a really fun trip. :)

I am thinking of booking this tour and have a couple of questions. Sorry if they were already asked.

1. What is the "open bar"? Beer, mixed drinks, soda?

2. What is the cancellation policy?

Thanks in advance

Harry

I am thinking of booking this tour and have a couple of questions. Sorry if they were already asked.

1. What is the "open bar"? Beer, mixed drinks, soda?

2. What is the cancellation policy?

Thanks in advance

Harry

1- open bar includes soda and mixed drinks... not sure about beer... pina coladas are amazing :)

2-not sure about the cancellation policy but if you email them (i think the woman is carla) they will get back to you pretty quickly

hope that helps... you'll have a great time :)

yes, tara is accurate. They usually have some 'island punch' rum based fruit drink and premixed pina coladas. The trips we've been on usually had a small amount of beer.

Even if you're a big drinker, and there were a few (not including me) on my trip, it seems tough to really 'slam' them on the boat. I'm not sure if it's the rocking of the sea, or the sun, or both, but the the few people that really drank a lot seemed to get very drunk very quickly.

• 1 month later...

Add us to the list of the Jolly Pirate fan club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a do not miss for my family every year.

We just returned from our family trip and got to see the new boat -WOW, what a beautiful ship.

The kids had fun on the rope swing and what a nice group on the boat.

We were on the Jolly Pirates just this past Friday December 9th, and it was a great time....the crew was great, and the snorkeling the best I've done yet! The water was just amazingly clear, and the fish were some of the most beautiful I have ever seen! I would reccomend this excursion to everyone. I really loved the lunch they served too!:D

Add us to the list of the Jolly Pirate fan club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a do not miss for my family every year.

We just returned from our family trip and got to see the new boat -WOW, what a beautiful ship.

The kids had fun on the rope swing and what a nice group on the boat.

they got a new pirate ship? do u have any pictures?

Tara Baby,

When was the last time u were on the Jolly Pirates ?

About a year ago, they got a new ship. It is beautiful!

The boat is brand new. Julio and crew sailed it from Brazil to Aruba in December 2004. Check out photo's on the Jolly Pirate website.

look at www.jollypirates.com

When we were there a few weeks ago, Julio & Harold had found a second boat and they told me it would be in Aruba next month.

Tara Baby,

When was the last time u were on the Jolly Pirates ?

About a year ago, they got a new ship. It is beautiful!

The boat is brand new. Julio and crew sailed it from Brazil to Aruba in December 2004. Check out photo's on the Jolly Pirate website.

look at www.jollypirates.com

When we were there a few weeks ago, Julio & Harold had found a second boat and they told me it would be in Aruba next month.

ok, then i was on the new boat because i was there this past august. i thought it was beautiful, which is why i couldn't understandwhy they would get a new boat after then... thanks for the info :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all;

I got an email from Jolly Pirates last week, the newest ship is in and there are pictures now on the website... it says "Jolly Pirates II has arrived".

We went on the swim, snorkel, & swing in November and loved it, we'll go back next time we're in Aruba.... (sigh....)

• 2 weeks later...

So, if you take the Jolly Pirates excursion you can hang out there after the tour is over and get a chair? Sounds great! How much was the taxi to the tour, can you take the bus? How far from the pier is it?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
One more tip for Everyone...

just an observation I had after spending day in Aruba...

be wary of the taxi drivers.. YOU set the fare before you get into taxi.

They're "supposed" to be set and regulated.. several times they tried to charge us $20 to Palm Beach from pier which IS (by Aruba regulations) supposed to be $10.

Carolyn

It is good to have fare information beforehand. Taxis in Aruba will take up to 5 passengers and the charge is by the car, not per person.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, I just "popped in here" and saw my "old" (almost 2 years ago) thread still going.. we're planning another trip to Aruba (land this time) and was curious if there's anything new...

Arubalisa... remember you were helpful.

Carolyn

We are booked for Jolly Pirates in about 2 weeks. How do you access the ship...Is it a ramp or ladder or other? I hadn't given it much thought when I booked it, but I am unable to do a lot due to major reconstructive back surgery this winter. My husband and children are really looking forward to this day, as am I. I have planned this day to be my ultimate sun day with great atmosphere. Just don't want the worry about getting onto the ship to have me worried. Anyone's help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Archived