JOLLY PIRATES is the BEST

cmjaffe

We are booked for Jolly Pirates in about 2 weeks. How do you access the ship...Is it a ramp or ladder or other? I hadn't given it much thought when I booked it, but I am unable to do a lot due to major reconstructive back surgery this winter. My husband and children are really looking forward to this day, as am I. I have planned this day to be my ultimate sun day with great atmosphere. Just don't want the worry about getting onto the ship to have me worried. Anyone's help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Vikki, email them at jollypirates@setarnet.aw and they will explain the procedure.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
One more tip for Everyone...

just an observation I had after spending day in Aruba...

be wary of the taxi drivers.. YOU set the fare before you get into taxi.

They're "supposed" to be set and regulated.. several times they tried to charge us $20 to Palm Beach from pier which IS (by Aruba regulations) supposed to be $10.

Carolyn

Unfortunately this is very true. My Mom had a bad experience in December. Must have been the same driver! She too wanted $20. My Mom told her no she would only pay $10 and the lady actually got an attitude! Very unfortunate. If someone tried to pull something like that, just move on to the next driver.

• 9 months later...

We just had the pleasure of sailing with Jolly Pirates's and it was a great day! For anyone who wonders if this is a family friendly excursion I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt it absolutely is!!! We were 4 adults and 3 kids ages 8 to 12 and everyone had a blast!

Click on the thumbnails to enlarge:

dd on the ropeswing (she tried it 4 times!!! :D )

c_ropeswing_sm.jpg

dancing fun led by Javier

dancing_sm.jpg

When I have time I will try to post more pics!

For anyone who wonders if this is a family friendly excursion I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt it absolutely is!!! We were 4 adults and 3 kids ages 8 to 12 and everyone had a blast!

So Lisa, what would you say would be the youngest a child could be and enjoy this excursion? Do they have the see-through rafts I've heard some places have for little kids?

Thanks as always for all your info!

So Lisa, what would you say would be the youngest a child could be and enjoy this excursion? Do they have the see-through rafts I've heard some places have for little kids?

Thanks as always for all your info!

I don't know of any excursions on Aruba which use see through rafts for kids. Off the top of my head I would think any age child would be okay as long as they could hack being on the boat for "x" number of hours, depending upon which one of their trips you took.

The only other caution I would have for a small chid would be getting into the water. You basically jump over the side exiting water via ladder.

Two snorkel stops are in fairly calm water and the third, the Antilla is further off the coast and prone to be in choppier waters.

• 1 month later...
Ahoy Lisa!

Love your photos!

May I use some of your great photos on our new website?

It's almost ready!

jolly

Absolutely, no problem whatsoever. :)

Did you see dd on the rope swing? :D

She "only" ;) took about 4 turns. :D

YES!

Having way too much fun!

I will use your photos and make a link for your great site too!

I will see you friend Bully tomorrow! I know he probably doesn't get on the boards as often as we do! I told him many of you sing his praises!

He was very pleased to hear it!!!

YES!

Having way too much fun!

I will use your photos and make a link for your great site too!

I will see you friend Bully tomorrow! I know he probably doesn't get on the boards as often as we do! I told him many of you sing his praises!

He was very pleased to hear it!!!

Thank you, please DO tell Bully that Lisa and family says hello. He is a terrific man and very very honest.

Lisa!

Bully was here today and sends his regards!

He wanted me to mention to you that today that he was happy (all smiles) with an article in the diario about your "taxi" observations that had quite some talking today.

Not sure if you knew that!

Good job keeping everyone on their toes!

I will save a copy for you when I get my hands on it!

Lisa!

He wanted me to mention to you that today that he was happy (all smiles) with an article in the diario about your "taxi" observations that had quite some talking today.

Lisa!

:eek: :eek: :eek: I hope I am not in any trouble :o , but I did mean what I said http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15732669&postcount=3 when expressing our feelings regarding the taxi situation. Please keep me updated. :)

Archived