Island Escape Lifeboat Drill

Scarey Mary

We are going on the Escape on the 20th Nov. Not long now yipee:D

Just looking at the brochure yet again and have noticed that day 2 we arrive in port at 8am. On other cruises we have been on the lifeboat drill has always been on day 2 and we have been at sea.

Does this mean we will have the drill while we are in port.:( This will look good all of us standing there in our pretty orange life jackets for all the port to see:)

Hi, We are on the IE on the 20th too - can't wait! We went on Ocean Village last year and the lifeboat drill was on the morning of day 2 i think and we were at sea so i hope it doesn't eat in to a precious day in port. But i suppose it is important - and i'm a health & Safety geek at work! - so shouldn't complain too much. Can't decide what sort of clothes to pack - summerish things or not? My other half always complains about the luggage i take anyway - i'm always stuffing things in his case!

Hi Mary

last time we were aboard it was done on day2 , but that was a sea day.

This time I should think they will want to get it done as soon as all passengers are aboard as day 2 is a port day. (This is what they did on the cruise in June on RCI)

Berwyn

Hi, We are on the IE on the 20th too - can't wait! We went on Ocean Village last year and the lifeboat drill was on the morning of day 2 i think and we were at sea so i hope it doesn't eat in to a precious day in port. But i suppose it is important - and i'm a health & Safety geek at work! - so shouldn't complain too much. Can't decide what sort of clothes to pack - summerish things or not? My other half always complains about the luggage i take anyway - i'm always stuffing things in his case!

From other comments thanks Berwyn and Crinkle it looks as if we are going to look pretty in our orange jackets in port.:D On the plus side though we don't sail until 11pm so should have plenty of time in port.

On packing I'm mainly taking summer things with just a couple of long sleeve thin jumpers, so if it is cold I'll freeze and hubby will say told you so.

I'm sure whenever we go away he thinks he is going to the Arctic. I'm sure weather will be ok though might just be cool at night and then who cares.hic.:)

PS my hubby health and safety geek too.:(

Mary

Mary

We usually go to Tenerife 1st week in December and as all ports of call are in the same are so too speak.

Summer clothes during the day but perhaps something for over your shoulders in the evening:).

We were in Tenerife at the beginning of this month and I was still able to wear strappy tops in the evening :D no cardi's.

Regards Wilma

Whats the point in waiting till your well into your cruise before a boat drill?

What happens if there is an emergency after only a hour or so?

Most new cruise people would panic!! I am in favour of having one ASAP once the gangways are lifted, and I am a many times cruiser!!

Enjoy your trip.

Thomsons Cruises do seem to be the best budget around.

EV

Hi EV and all,

I know, it's a bit crazy, but they have up to about 24 hours after sailing to do it. That's why they can get away with it on the morning after.

Just to cheer people up, it was introduced as part of the safety at sea laws in 1914 resulting after the Titanic disaster:eek:

Berwyn

Don't forget to take your camera to it Mary :D

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Unfortunately already got some lovely photos of this. On our first cruise the drill was on my birthday so darling husband:rolleyes: decided it would be good to show everyone how pretty :rolleyes: I looked on my birthday.:)

Mary

Hi Berwyn

Unfortunately already got some lovely photos of this. On our first cruise the drill was on my birthday so darling husband:rolleyes: decided it would be good to show everyone how pretty :rolleyes: I looked on my birthday.:)

Mary

Lovely, :D.

We put them on in the cabin ready for when the alarm sounded on the last one in June.

What annoys me is how slow some people are, and how they kick up a fuss about putting the life vest on. We were stood for ages last time, and it was only because some people were dragging their heels and their life vests along past us.

Cutting into my eating and drinking time!

What annoys me is how slow some people are, and how they kick up a fuss about putting the life vest on. We were stood for ages last time, and it was only because some people were dragging their heels and their life vests along past us.

Cutting into my eating and drinking time!

Yes same here on both cruises. That means the bars are shut longer and like you said less drinking and eating time.

Berwyn

Archived