location, location, location. 1 st time cruiser

slider0906

My family and I are looking to book our first family cruise on Disney Wonder to Mexico in Jan 2011. Does anyone have suggestions on which 4 person inside state rooms are good and which ones to stay away from?

Also, any suggestions on who to book thru for some great rates?

THANKS

This site gives you room reports by the room numbers. It may help.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm#

Ok Aft has the most noisy rooms on the ship.

Forward has the roughest

Mid ship is the smoothest ride and least noise.

That is an average idea about the rooms.

A lot of the so called noisy rooms Aft arnt that noisy. Some you will only have noise when people are dining in AP and its quiet the rest of the time.

We love aft rooms.

Elevators cant be heard from the rooms, also laundry rooms really dont make any noise to bother you.

Now deck 8 you can often hear the staff moving around the lounge chairs to clean the decks late at night or early morning before most are out on deck. So I would stay away from that.

Watch your not over the night clubs in the Forward part of the ship.

Ok to be over the WD theater because normally there is no noise there after the 8:15 show unless they have a premiere movie release.

Deals?? All I can say is some TA's offer nice on board credit for using them. Shop around, call and ask before deciding. Look for someone who specializes in Disney. Also we have had bad luck with large companies TA's for some reason, so look for the smaller company where you might get more personal attention. Of course be careful who you use.

For us we are now going back to booking directly with Disney. We may not get our room credits unless we book on board but at least when we need to change something or have a question they will take care of us right then. Our current TA is soooooooo slow!!!

Good luck and have fun planning!!:D

We had inside 6002 on the Magic and thought it was a great location. It was all the way forward and was a super quiet location. The only noise we had was the anchor going down on GC day. I thought it was neat and made me really feel like i was on a ship. Since we were in the Caribbean in May, the waters were very calm so we felt very little movement in our cabin. I loved deck 6, right in the middle of everything. My parents were in an OV midship on deck 2 and really liked their location as well.

Book a category 12 guaranteed cabin that doesn't assign you to any particular cabin. That way as the cruise gets closer they will probably upgrade you for a better cabin, but you pay for the least expensive one and get more for your money. This is the smartest way. We booked a category 12 inside guaranteed, but were upgraded to a wonderful centrally located oceanview room in category 9. The further ahead you book the better the upgrade you will get as long as there is space available.

In February this year, we were in 6551 interior stateroom. It was great. No noise, perfectly mid-ship, very close to kids club (1 floor down), and we had the best night of sleep ever.

This October we were in 6607 interior stateroom. The worst room ever! We heard so much noise. We thought it seemeed like engine noises or something, but as the days went on it sounded like fireworks. Another day later we were laughing and saying, "boy, if I didn't know better I'd think we were shooting torpedos (sp?) at another ship. It was that bad!

Well, later we finally looked at the floorplans and found out that we were right above the Buena Vista Theater. I guess that explained all the bombing, loud noises. I say avoid rooms around this area.

Remember to bring a lighted clock for the inside rooms. It's so dark that if you need to use the bathroom you might trip on your way there. Plus, you never know what time of day it is in these rooms.

I've had 6323 which is quite forward. I thought it would be quiet because it is at the end of a dead end hallway. I was very wrong. It is near the service elevator and every morning was loud and the night before was loud because they were taking luggage out through the entrance next to the room.

I booked two cat. 12 guarantees last Dec. one room for 4, and one room for 3. I did request that they keep the rooms as close as possible. Keep in mind Cat. 12 does not sleep 4. So you will end up with a larger room. I just called to see if they assigned our rooms yet and I was told they upgraded us to a catagory 10 inside one deck 1. I saved 1500.00 doing it this way.

I don't know if you'll be traveling with young kids who will need milk at bedtime or in the am but I do and we book so that we are below the drink station on deck 9 (I think). This way I could just run up a flight or two of stairs fill up on milk and come right back. If you're forward, you will have a long walk for it. Just something to consider if it applies to you. Have a great trip!

Archived