Roll Call: Silver Spirit, Lisbon-Bridgetown, 23 October 2010

ging466

It's a long way off...:D... but the time will go quick.

I know that Cechase will be on this voyage, will anyone else be on it?

I will be in verandah suite 610.

Hopefully we can get enough CCers together to have a party.

Cheers

ging466

We (Bob and Victoria) are considering this cruise but are waiting until we take the Tahiti cruise to book it. I believe another couple on CC whom we met on the Alaska/Mexico cruise is also going to take it.

How many days are you spending in Lisbon prior to the cruise? Do you know what hotel yet? We are considering flying to Paris a week prior and driving down to Lisbon.

Yes, I will be on this cruise and am in Veranda Suite 508. It is a little too early to look at air and hotel, but am giving a little peek.

What fun, to have our roll call officially rolled out! It will be my very first Transatlantic.

We (Bob and Victoria) are considering this cruise but are waiting until we take the Tahiti cruise to book it. .
For those of you with the esperience, isn't it possible to book now, and then "rebook" (meaning cancel and rebook) it when you go on a voyage in-between? Or is the "on board discount" only applicable to new bookings? By booking early, you get the cabin of your choice!

For those of you with the esperience, isn't it possible to book now, and then "rebook" (meaning cancel and rebook) it when you go on a voyage in-between? Or is the "on board discount" only applicable to new bookings? By booking early, you get the cabin of your choice!

You can cancel and rebook, but you may run into problems with trip insurance if you do it. I suggest you look into this before you consider rebooking. Our hesitation is based on a fear of making plans 1 year out due to health concerns, and the question of whether we will still want that many days at sea after spending 16 out of 26 days at sea on our Tahiti cruise.

Yes, I will be on this cruise and am in Veranda Suite 508. It is a little too early to look at air and hotel, but am giving a little peek. What fun, to have our roll call officially rolled out! It will be my very first Transatlantic.

This will be my first transatlantic crossing too and then I'm doing the B2B 7 day Barbados cruise. I've got to make it worthwhile seeing that I'm coming all the way from Australia:D

I haven't looked at flights yet, it's too early.

I think I might stay in the Britania Hotel in Lisbon pre-cruise. It gets a good review on Trip Advisor.

Look forward to hearing from others who will be sharing this experience also.

Cheers

ging466

Meow, in our recent experience, you don't have to cancel and rebook. We booked the upcoming January 2010 Spirit crossing last January. While aboard the Shadow this September, we asked the cruise consultant about the onboard discount, and SS applied it to our existing booking for January. I know another passenger aboard in September who did the same thing on his already-booked Spirit crossing for October 2010. I don't know if this is policy or whether it was a quirk of how the bookings were made.

My wife and I have also signed up for the Oct 2010 Transatlantic, and are leaving this week on the Shadow Barbados roundtrip cruise. We will check while onboard about the possible cruise credit for Oct 2010.

Dan

Go Irish!

Meow, in our recent experience, you don't have to cancel and rebook. We booked the upcoming January 2010 Spirit crossing last January. While aboard the Shadow this September, we asked the cruise consultant about the onboard discount, and SS applied it to our existing booking for January. I know another passenger aboard in September who did the same thing on his already-booked Spirit crossing for October 2010. I don't know if this is policy or whether it was a quirk of how the bookings were made.

Wellseasoned, am really interested in the fact that you could get the onboard discount, and am wondering what approach you made with the onboard cruise consultant to achieve such a neat result.

I am on Silver Shadow for the 10 night cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on Nov. 22, 2009. I have booked the 15 day Panama Canal cruise on Shadow for 4-28-2010, and the 14 day transatlantic on Spirit for 10-23-2010. Just wondering because Silversea seems to be tighting the purse strings for 2010, although I got a really good deal on the transatlantic.

Charlie

It looks like I'll see you this month on the Shadow in Fort Lauderdale AND on the Crossing next October on the new Spirit!

Looking forward to meeting you.

That is great! Incidentally, I graduated from Hastings College of Law, University Of California in San Francisco, and practiced law on the Peninsula in San Mateo County for 38 years.

Looking forward to meeting you.

The four of us have also booked this cruise for Oct. 23rd on the Spirit & are very excited! We have been on transatlantic cruises but this will be our first on Silversea. We chose this cruise because we love the relaxing days at sea & we also wanted to try Silversea. The Spirit looks beautiful & we also like the size of the ship. We are planning on staying in Cascais 2 or 3 days before the cruise. Does anyone know how far this is from the port where the ship will be leaving? I certainly have enjoyed reading all the messages posted on this site & I am thinking Meow will know the answer to my question. Hope to meet all of you on the ship.:)

Barbara, Don, Carolyn & Ron

Wellseasoned, am really interested in the fact that you could get the onboard discount, and am wondering what approach you made with the onboard cruise consultant to achieve such a neat result.

Charlie, I vaguely remember a post a few months ago when someone mentioned this possibility. So, early in the September Alaska cruise, I dropped by the cruise consultant's office and told her that we had booked the January 2010 Spirit crossing last January. Much later we decided to do the Alaska cruise. Could we possibly get onboard booking discount for the earlier-booked crossing? Sounded lame, but she contacted Silversea and the next day sent a message to our suite that it had been approved. A fellow passenger and CC'r in a similar situation then did the same and was also approved. Much later in the cruise we booked yet another later cruise in 2010, but that did not have anything to do with the earlier approval. If this is indeed policy, I think that it is a fine incentive to take a cruise at shorter notice when you have already booked another further in the future.

Dieter

The four of us have also booked this cruise for Oct. 23rd on the Spirit & are very excited! We have been on transatlantic cruises but this will be our first on Silversea. We chose this cruise because we love the relaxing days at sea & we also wanted to try Silversea. The Spirit looks beautiful & we also like the size of the ship. We are planning on staying in Cascais 2 or 3 days before the cruise. Does anyone know how far this is from the port where the ship will be leaving? I certainly have enjoyed reading all the messages posted on this site & I am thinking Meow will know the answer to my question. Hope to meet all of you on the ship.:)

Barbara, Don, Carolyn & Ron

In CaisCais are you by chance staying at Hotel Albatroz? If not, at least go there for a drink on the terrace -- fabulous -- CD Fernando who will be on Spirit lives in the area and the Albatroz is almost his home away from home.

Distance to the city, according to Albatroz website, is 24 km., an easy taxi ride depending upon traffic. And a beautiful ride it is. Of course you may have a car, which is another matter. I do not have experience with that.

For years, whenever in Lisbon, I try to make it out there, often just taking the train to spend a couple of hours in the beautiful CaisCais.

-- Dusababy from California

Jennifer [ging466] have completed my 2010 travel plans on Silversea and have included the cruises in my signature.

Once I have completed those cruises, will have been on all of the continents except for Australia and Antarctica. So guess where I want to go in 2011? And I don't have to take cold weather gear.

... will have been on all of the continents except for Australia and Antarctica... .
Australia and New Zealand are nice and easy. You can take a land trip (by air) or a cruise or a combination of both. The people are warm and friendly, the seafood is yummy, and go in the Autumn or Spring (avoid their hot Summers, i.e. our Winters) and you will enjoy it. As for Antarctica, you need to be fit and brave!

Jennifer [ging466] have completed my 2010 travel plans on Silversea and have included the cruises in my signature. Once I have completed those cruises, will have been on all of the continents except for Australia and Antarctica. So guess where I want to go in 2011? And I don't have to take cold weather gear.

Hi Charlie.

That is good news.

I have paid for nearly all of my cruise - the Aussie dollar has been quite strong lately:)

Actually there are parts of Australia that do get very cold but nothing like the cold in North America.:p

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about starting a duplicate thread. It just goes to show how scattered my brain is these days - especially since I had already posted on this thread.

It is nice to see that so many CC'ers have already signed up on this cruise even though it is 11 months away.

We're looking forward to meeting all of you aboard.

If anyone is keeping track of cabins, we're in #927. When we booked, there were few non-midship Veranda cabins left, and only 2 Vista cabins left.

Archived