Early Hotel Arrival Santiago?

chrismch

The flights I'm looking at bring us into Santiago around 8-9am on a Monday. Has anyone been able to get access to a room that early to crash?

We were able to get into the Best Western Hotel Los Esplanoes when we arrived early in the morning last March. This hotel is a beautiful little boutique hotel in a residential area and I highly recommend it. We ate dinner there and they have buffet breakfast included and the price was around $105USD last year

Ontario Cruiser

The flights I'm looking at bring us into Santiago around 8-9am on a Monday. Has anyone been able to get access to a room that early to crash?

Call or email your hotel and ask. IF the hotel is not full, it can usually be accommodated. BUT if you pick a prime room (view type/special room) that others would also pick, you most likely will not be able to check in early. But if you pick a generic room and the hotel is not full, you should be able to.

Hotel frequent stay status is also a good way to get "extras/perks". You may want to investigate some of the credit cards that automatically make you a "status" hotel guest just for having the credit card (I am specifically thinking of some of the Amex and Starwood cards).

I have checked in early quite a few times. BUT I have high hotel frequent stay status, all the "right" credit cards and I make arrangements in advance to do this. Plus by the time you clear immigration, pay the reciprocity fee, clear customs and transfer into a hotel, it will more likely be about 10:00AM.

Archived