? about 3 days in one port

travlnblueberries

We are looking at a cruise for June. The cruise itinerary has the ship in port for three days. DH wants to know if passengers come and go as they please, all hours of the night (which he is not too keen on) or is there a curfew?

The port is King's Wharf, Bermuda. DH isn't sure either, about how it would be to stay in one port for three days. Anyone been there, done that??

Yes, the ship functions as a hotel while in port. You may come and go as you please. You may use the ship for all meals, or eat ashore. As long as you are back on the ship 1/2 hour before she sails, you're good to go!

For folks who want to truly "experience" a location, a long port call is ideal. If you're looking to just "taste" many different locales, this may not be the cruise for you!

We did this on a TA cruise on RCL's Jewel of the Seas in 2005 but our stay at King's Wharf was only two days. We actually wished we had stayed a third day as there is a lot to see and do in Bermuda and it was our first visit there.

The Wharf area has a great historic fort that is worth a visit. It costs to get in but you can stay as long as you like and watch the dolphins in your spare time. We didn't get to make it to the most historic part of the island because we ran out of time. The ferrys are a great way to get around and give you a great chance to take pictures of your ship as you return to it.

Here is a nice web site someone put together about their visit to Bermuda which has some good information for your visit.

http://members.cox.net/rridgely/index.shtml

And here's another one

http://www.bermuda4u.com/

Have a great next cruise.

Our ship was in port for 3 days last year in St Georges, Bermuda. Bermuda is THE place to stay for several days. It's a great place & has so much to see & do. And when you're tired you can just head back to the ship for a nap & some food! No curfews (I think that's such a funny question but I had asked the same thing before our cruise out there!).

Love the Bermuda cruise. Have done it several times. The three days in port is awesome. You have so much more time to do anything. You don't have to be constantly worried about the time and getting back on the ship in time.

Of our eleven cruises, our one-week sailing was one of the best. The reason: Bermuda. It's unbelievable how much more relaxing everything is when you don't have to worry about missing the boat. Because of the language, Bermuda is an easy destination. Public transportation, buses and ferries, are cheap and work well. The island is small.

Bermuda is unlike the Caribbean islands. No pestering by natives. I got a lesson about civility when I stormed to the nearest shop in St. George asking where to buy a transit pass. I just said hello. The proprietor looked at me and said, "And a good morning to you, too, sir."

A wonderful island. We were riding a local bus and I had a feeling I had been on the island before although it was my first visit. I suddenly realized how the architecture and ambience of small towns resembled South Africa, where I lived three years.

DH wants to know if passengers come and go as they please, all hours of the night (which he is not too keen on) or is there a curfew?

Can I ask what kind of concern he has?

Take a look at the Bermuda board under Ports of Call. Lots of good information there as to what to do in Bermuda.:)

Archived