Grandma left behind? No passport or BC

Sierra2

Update:

My husband just sent this, Kansas came through!

"I got an automated phone call on my cell this morning from UPS Saying they are delivering an overnight package from Kansas today. It Said someone needs to sign for it so grandma needs to be ready….

Very nice.:D

Update:

My husband just sent this, Kansas came through!

"I got an automated phone call on my cell this morning from UPS Saying they are delivering an overnight package from Kansas today. It Said someone needs to sign for it so grandma needs to be ready….

Thank you for the update, that's great news. Have a wonderful cruise with grandma & the rest of the group...

Your post caught my eye and I had to read. I was so sad, I jumped right to the last page to see if there was an update. When I read your update, I was overwhelmed with joy. Its so nice when things work out.

I am taking two new cruisers with me this time. One is 21 and the other 14. I have made them bring me all the documents 3 weeks early so that I can make sure EVERYTHING is in order. I would be so sad to have to leave them behind as they are my children's friends and would hate to have to entertain my children. LOL, JK.

Have a fun trip.

On our cruise on the Glory last month, we had 4 people who didn't have passports and did not have their birth certificates with them. They had to supply the cruise with their SS # and was warned that they may have troubles upon re-entering the US. I guess they made it ok. Didn't see them on the side of the the dock when we left.

I also put the Carnival emergency number on my luggage tags and I even print out an 'itinerary' (flights/hotels/ship/ports) whch includes my cell number and carnival numbers which I place INSIDE my suitcase in case my luggage goes missing and it needs to find me! :D

That is good except for this scenerio-- Flew from CLE to FLL, direct flight, no luggage in FLL. 1st port stop 3 days later in St Martin, luggage is put in our cabin. Zip tie was never even cut to see the papers in the luggage.

Wonderful, WONDERFUL info here. I'm very hopeful from all this help.

Update: Faux stuff coming from her home (old registrar's certificate of her birth and 10 year expired passport).

Kansas clerk promising to send out BC next day mail after hearing story.

One or both should be here Friday. We leave Saturday before the post. If not, we'll do as you all suggest with having someone forward to the hotel, or contact the Carnival

Awesome! Have a great trip.

On our cruise on the Glory last month, we had 4 people who didn't have passports and did not have their birth certificates with them. They had to supply the cruise with their SS # and was warned that they may have troubles upon re-entering the US. I guess they made it ok. Didn't see them on the side of the the dock when we left.

I'll tell you what happens-

In 2006 DH couldn't find his official BC but had hospital records, including his feeding record, foot print, etc. Carnival let him on. At immigration the customs guy processed me and our two daughters first and the youngest had to vouch for him. We now have passports.

In 2006 DH couldn't find his official BC but had hospital records, including his feeding record, foot print, etc. Carnival let him on. At immigration the customs guy processed me and our two daughters first and the youngest had to vouch for him. We now have passports.

At least the youngest vouched for him.

Ohmygosh! I was really worried about grandma getting left behind for a minute. That's one of my biggest fears, Carnival denying me or my family boarding for one reason or another. It's always a great feeling when you get all checked in and you're waiting in your zone to board.

So glad it is going to work out for ya'll!!! Have fun!!!! :D

Little ones usually wont tell a lie when asked is this your dad.

When we got off RCCI on our 1st cruise the customs guy asked DS who is this,referring to his Mama. DS was shy and did not say a word. Proceeded out of the terminal.

I asked customs guy why he let us through with no problems, he said " only if DS would mention he did not know who that was " referring to his Mama that he would question us.

Talk about relief.

We now have passports,also.

~WOW~ What a "GREAT" thread - Everyone was so positive and helpful - this is what got me hooked on Cruise Critic boards in the beginning - everyone pulling together due to a shared love for cruising and a willingness to help others! :)

I'm so glad everything is working out for this family - thanks for keeping us posted and have a wonderful time with Grandma! {Please know that your experience is a learning experience for all of us} Thanks for sharing it.

Archived