Sending and Receiving Email on QM2

Marie50

Getting ready for cruise in 2 weeks. Lots of postings on internet centre. But was wondering if I wanted to just send and receive email, do I do this in the internet centre or on the interactive tv? And what is the latest pricing. Some people mentioned receiving email addresses in their cruise documents. Is this still so? Thanks

There is no interactive TV unfortunately. You can send or receive via the Internet Centre using your own account with Hotmail or similar. You can also have emails sent to you c/o the ship. You can buy an internet package. It depends how many you will send and receive whether it is better to use the ship's email or your own account.

The interactive TV system disappeared after the drydock last October. You must go to Connexions to use the computers there or if you have a laptop you can use it throughout the ship.

There is usually a sign-up offer made initially with extra minutes given. The rates in June were $24.95 for 60 minutes.

Getting ready for cruise in 2 weeks. Lots of postings on internet centre. But was wondering if I wanted to just send and receive email, do I do this in the internet centre or on the interactive tv? And what is the latest pricing. Some people mentioned receiving email addresses in their cruise documents. Is this still so? Thanks

Capn is right, Another alternative on QM2 is to use the wifi and your own laptop. You can buy the internet services in 2, 4, 8 plus hour segments. Otherwise its us$.40 a minute. You can access your aol mail, yahoo, hotmail etc with the public computers in connexions (2 deck b stair) or the library (8 deck a stair)

Enjoy

Mike

best idea is to bring your own laptop, log in to the interent via wi fi, download your emails, log out of the internet, while offline answer your emails and then log in and all your emails will be sent. most expensive way is to stay on line while you answer your emails.

best idea is to bring your own laptop, log in to the interent via wi fi, download your emails, log out of the internet, while offline answer your emails and then log in and all your emails will be sent. most expensive way is to stay on line while you answer your emails.

Precisely. We did a 30 day WC segment a couple of years ago and I bought an hour ....checked e-mail virtually every day...just as bobnatt say... and had time left over

Archived