Cat 12 on Fantasy

brcris75

I just got off of the fantasy and had a suite. I'll try to post some pictures.

The big thing to know is the balcony is very small. Did I say small? There is only maybe 6 inches from the edge of the chair to the railing.

We were is V2. It is right under the Gym. Several folks said that they had problems with noise... we didn't. The problem we had was we were woke up with people talking on the observation deck... right next to our room.

The couch turns into a bed if traveling with a 3rd person however it really is only good for a younger person. My son's feet hung over the end of the bed by a foot. Plus they leave the couch as a bed which really eats up the space. If the bed is out, and someone is sitting at the vanity.... you can't get by. If the couch remains a couch... there is no problem.

There was plenty of room in the closet..... one full length and the second one had 4 drawers & the safe... could hang shirts etc. in that one.

The 3 closet or rather cabinet had the refrigerator in it and then several shelves.

Had 4 drawers at the vanity. We enjoyed it but if you are planning to book a suite, make sure it's in the middle of the hallway and not at either end....

• 4 weeks later...
We are looking at the Fantasy and Elation out of Mobile. I noticed that there are Penthouse suites on deck 6 and then Verandah suites on deck 11. Can you please tell me the difference between the two categories of suites? Thanks.

I've been checking all the past threads for a comparison of Verandah suites and Penthouse suites too? I still can't find anything.

Hey Roswell Mom,

We had a suite on the Glory last Christmas, it was the size of the V suites on the Fantasy. It was really not big enough for three, my children had one and when the couch was out there was hardly room to walk, now granted two of them are 6ft. tall. For two people it was fine. We had the Cat 12 on the Fantasy on November 11 and it was very large and the couch folded out to a full bed, we never pulled it out but there would be plenty of room with it out. The bathrooms were a little smaller than on the Glory, but were fine. The balcony was longer and had three chairs and a table. You are closer to everything on the Veranda deck, it was quite a walk from the upper deck where we were in November. Hope this helps.

I just got off of the fantasy and had a suite. I'll try to post some pictures.

The big thing to know is the balcony is very small. Did I say small? There is only maybe 6 inches from the edge of the chair to the railing.

We were is V2. It is right under the Gym. Several folks said that they had problems with noise... we didn't. The problem we had was we were woke up with people talking on the observation deck... right next to our room.

The couch turns into a bed if traveling with a 3rd person however it really is only good for a younger person. My son's feet hung over the end of the bed by a foot. Plus they leave the couch as a bed which really eats up the space. If the bed is out, and someone is sitting at the vanity.... you can't get by. If the couch remains a couch... there is no problem.

There was plenty of room in the closet..... one full length and the second one had 4 drawers & the safe... could hang shirts etc. in that one.

The 3 closet or rather cabinet had the refrigerator in it and then several shelves.

Had 4 drawers at the vanity. We enjoyed it but if you are planning to book a suite, make sure it's in the middle of the hallway and not at either end....

That was a Cat 11 not 12. The Cat 12 cabins are on the Upper deck and are bigger. The balcony is also larger in a Cat 12 and they overlook the water, not another deck like the Cat 11.

Here are some photos of the Cat 12 stateroom I just had on the Sensation, which I believe is the same as the Fantasy. I'll tell you one thing, once you had the stateroom, you'll never want anything else! I do think the previous poster was confused on the V stateroom. My understanding is that the Veranda staterooms are in the Cat 11 category. The Cat 12 balcony has plenty of room for 4 chairs and a cocktail table, which is what we had.

1179990146_CarnivalSensation11.26to11.292009Cat12U114cabinviewCCsize.jpg.4ac1f7f1f5f752b6a19b2a71c7a5ffe5.jpg

1125732706_CarnivalSensation11.26to11.292009Cat12U114cabinviewwallunitandtv.jpg.756923fdfd7b89ba6d389ef973fcdaaa.jpg

1421620844_CarnivalSensation11.26to11.292009Cat12U114beds.jpg.51f77b6d0bb0d9f9367671ee0b77ec8d.jpg

947836388_CarnivalSensation11.26to11.292009Cat12U114bedssideview.jpg.e00ddd43212dab40ab639ddcb69e20cb.jpg

169056001_CarnivalSensation11.26to11.292009Cat12U114tub.jpg.a0c6e0efc68f5641b09008e71acd9408.jpg

Here are some photos of the Cat 12 stateroom I just had on the Sensation, which I believe is the same as the Fantasy. I'll tell you one thing, once you had the stateroom, you'll never want anything else! I do think the previous poster was confused on the V stateroom. My understanding is that the Veranda staterooms are in the Cat 11 category. The Cat 12 balcony has plenty of room for 4 chairs and a cocktail table, which is what we had.

Nope thats does not seen right. We had a "U" or sort of "C" shaped couch that a bed popped out of on the Fantasy,but it has been several years.That orange couch in photo 1 was not in there.

Steve

I figured out how to post these photos in a larger format, so here they are

CarnivalSensation1126to11292009C-3.jpg

CarnivalSensation1126to11292009C-4.jpg

CarnivalSensation1126to11292009C-5.jpg

CarnivalSensation1126to11292009C-6.jpg

CarnivalSensation11282009waitingtod.jpg

That is not it!

The Fantasy does have a much bigger wrap around couch than the one in your picture and it also has a pole with some sort of lattuce between acting as a divider between the bed and the couch.

Steve

...but it has been several years.

Yes, that is it.

ALL of the Fantasy-class cat 12 cabins have been refurbished. I had one of the cabins you're referring to on the Elation in 2004. Trust me, they look nothing like that now.

Archived