Interesting find re: Serenade Deck Plans..

Parkay

I was researching a cruise on Serenade of the Seas and went to check out deck plans. When I went direct to the deck plans on rccl.com, the stateroom categories were different than when viewing the deck plans through the booking process.

For instance...

On deck 10, all of the aft balcony cabins (1102, 1104, 1604) are coded D1 cabins on the standard deck plans, but when I went to the booking process, those same aft cabins there were coded D2 and were cheaper. And on deck 9 on the regular deck plans, all of the cabins from 9034 aft are coded as D1, but when booking, many of them are D2. Did they recently change the cabin categories and I missed it? I'm just confused as to why their deck plans are different in different places on their website.

FYI, I was checking out the 10/31/2010 cruise.

Well I hope that anyone who booked those cabins as D1's before the change get the price difference down to a D2. I don't see why they wouldn't though, since they honor price drops anyway. But imagine how many will not even notice the change?

When we talked to the LA on the Mariner in October, she mentioned something about there being some adjusting of cabin categories beginning to happen. Something about bringing about some standardization with the categories on Oasis? No specifics about exactly what these changes are or when they're due to be rolled out or completed. I only know that the coming changes allowed us book a cabin on the Radiance for next October that is currently a D1 at a D2 price.

The aft D2´s (as all other D2´s) can only accomodate 2 people in the cabin because they don´t have a sofa bed, but only a regular sofa. That´s the reason why they have their own category now and are priced differently.

I'm pretty sure they re-categorised the Radiance class D cabins at the time the new itineraries came out in March....we noticed it because we were booking a Med cruise. All Ds that can accommodate more than 2 pax and all Ds that are connecting are now D1 and all other Ds (those for 2 pax) are D2s. As a result some of the most desirable cabins are now D2.

We have an aft D2 on Brilliance next year :)

Yes there are new deck plans after a certain date, I don't remember exactly what the date was, early 2010. There used to be a little link on the TA site to the new plans with a date but it is no longer there most likely because the new books are out.

I noticed the change as well. We have the older version of the cruise guide as well as the newer one that has been updated. I think they might have changed the E class balcony cabins as well. We were in an E1 on our cruise in March, and it has changed in the new book to an E2.... Anyone else notice changes to something other than just the D category rooms?

Archived