Cupcake Prices Released

debtmkr

Check out the blog on oasisoftheseas.com

Speaking of “sweet” experiences, there have been lots of questions about the Cupcake Cupboard and the pricing of the cupcakes. We are charging $2.50 per cupcake or $12.50 for a half dozen and $20.00 for a dozen cupcakes. We are probably really under charging and will have problems keeping enough “stock” because we compared these prices to the hottest cupcake stores around and the going price for cupcakes is mostly in the range of $4+ per cupcake and $36.00 per dozen, but let’s see how it goes.

I know I will probably drop a bundle on cupcakes :D

I'm also looking forward to the cupcake decorating classes, I wonder what the charge will be for those... if it's not too bad, maybe I will go to more than one class during my cruise.

Cupcakes are my alcohol... I am not a drinker, my DH is usually the one to run up a bar bill, while I rarely charge anything. Cupcakes will be my vice for the duration of the cruise :D

I totally agree with the concept. We're on vacation to enjoy ourselves. Drinking is not a big deal with me (except for BBCs) but a nice yellow cupcake with a good rich chocolate frosting...now THAT'S paradise!

Where's my "Like" button?? :p

OMG..Charging for cupcakes! I cannot believe that no one is opposed to this idea. Little by little the cruise lines are moving towards "nickel & dime-ing" people to death. $2.50 is not a lot, granted, but really...think about this. There is a premium to cruise on the Oasis right not, and that is understandable...but to charge for cup-cakes!

OMG..Charging for cupcakes! I cannot believe that no one is opposed to this idea. Little by little the cruise lines are moving towards "nickel & dime-ing" people to death. $2.50 is not a lot, granted, but really...think about this. There is a premium to cruise on the Oasis right not, and that is understandable...but to charge for cup-cakes!

I'm not opposed as it's a choice. If you want free sweets then head down to the Cafe Promenade where they have cookies and other sweet goods for free. It's no different than heading up to the Windjammer for free ice cream over paying for Ben and Jerry's. The list can go on and on.

I'm not opposed as it's a choice. If you want free sweets then head down to the Cafe Promenade where they have cookies and other sweet goods for free. It's no different than heading up to the Windjammer for free ice cream over paying for Ben and Jerry's. The list can go on and on.

Agreed, very good point.

At the same time though, those are gonna have to be some pretty delicious cupcakes for me to make that choice :p

So what happened to all the doomsday predictions about six dollar cupackes? Now they are going to sell for about a third of that. It just goes to show how the Oasis "haters" are stirring up needlessly exaggerated scenarios to persuade people not to book this ship.

This is reason enough not to book. If they cant throw in a cupcake in the price of the cruise, they can shove it. Let hope the cupcake will sink the Oasis.

This is reason enough not to book. If they cant throw in a cupcake in the price of the cruise, they can shove it. Let hope the cupcake will sink the Oasis.

LOL......Someone is bitter. The Oasis along with RCI is going nowhere. You want to know why? Because of people like me that will pay those prices.:D LMAO.............................................................................

LOL......Someone is bitter. The Oasis along with RCI is going nowhere. You want to know why? Because of people like me that will pay those prices.:D LMAO.............................................................................

I'll second that sentiment! I'll be one of the first in line for a cupcake...no problem paying $2.50 for it. :)

Archived