?motion sick

gpeaches

If you are afraid of getting motion sick, where is the best place in the ship for your cabin. Upperdecks vs Lowerdecks? Forward vs Rear? Or does it even matter at all? (First time on a cruise and not sure what to expect.)

We just returned from our first cruise and I was afraid of getting motion sick. We had a cabin close to mid ship and on an upper deck. We had pretty smooth seas the entire time except for the last night. I had gone on boats and smaller ships before our cruise and had gotten motion sick so I was afraid that out in the ocean I might have a problem, but a few years ago we were in Hawaii and went out for a luncheon cruise and they were having pretty rough seas that day. So before we left the harbor they gave each of us a ginger capsule. I took mine my husband did not he got sick and I did not. So now every time I get on a boat or a ship I take ginger capsules. Got a bottle of 100 at Walmart for about three dollars. We started taking two a day three days before we left. Worked for me this time never once even felt queasy not even the last night when we had some rough seas. This time my husband took them too and he said he felt great the whole time too.

would those ginger tables be made by Gravol? I know they now make them so they do not cause drowsiness - we will be in Orlando for 11 days before cruise - what kind should I buy?

The ones I bought were Spring Valley Brand that I got a Walmart. They say Natural whole herb. They were in the herbal and viatiam section. I also have seen them at Walgreens and other stores that sell herbs and vitiams. As far as I know Ginger capsules have never caused drowiness. It's the same type of ginger you would use if you were baking gingerbread cookies only it comes in capsules. You can also get ginger in gingerale and gingersnap cookies it is just easier for us when traveling to take the capsules.

Archived