segway tour?

kroeser

I highly recommend this tour. We did the 45 min tour last month and it was definitely one of the highlights of our cruise. Jose was our guide and he was great. Very patient and very informative on the history of Old San Juan. I've heard great things about guide Natalie on these boards too. And touring on the segways were cool. We would have sprung for the 2 hour tour except that we had already visited both forts and were in a time crunch to get to Fajardo that evening for the biobay tour.

Do It! We have been to San Juan 5 times before. We have done the walking tour on our own but the 2 hour tour was so much more than we had seen on foot.

Learning to ride is easy. They spend a few min with each person having you go up a ramp,turn around and being able to mount and exit at ease.

Jose was our guide for 4 people and Natalie took 6 people. Both were extremely knowledgeable.

I had to talk my husband into doing it and he ended up loving it. He can't wait to do in Chicago when we get home.

Do It! We have been to San Juan 5 times before. We have done the walking tour on our own but the 2 hour tour was so much more than we had seen on foot.

Learning to ride is easy. They spend a few min with each person having you go up a ramp,turn around and being able to mount and exit at ease.

Jose was our guide for 4 people and Natalie took 6 people. Both were extremely knowledgeable.

I had to talk my husband into doing it and he ended up loving it. He can't wait to do in Chicago when we get home.

I did the segway tour in Chicago. It was fantastic and much cheaper than San Juan. Make sure that you have them adjust the handle bars to your height. They did not for me and I serious wiped out and almost went into Lake Michigan:eek: but overall the best experience I've had. I don't think I'll ever do it again but I'm glad I tried it. It was a great way to see Chicago in a short time.

we just got back, we did the Segway tour in SJ, our guide was Natalya..we did the two hour tour and loved it!! Natalya is incredible tour guide, very informative..also if you have the time have her give you directions to Jose Enriques Restuarant, her brother in law is a chef there, incredible food!! Great prices, fresh catch only served.

We booked with the ship. After reading through the website tour, the price seemed to be about the same. THEN I emailed the company and they are contracted with the ship anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered. I will say, the Solstice is offering it at a great price.

Would a total klutz (that would be me) be able to handle the Segway?

Lol! Yes, I am somewhat of a clutz myself and I did just fine. It takes a couple of times getting off and on before you feel comfortable, but the guides do an excellent job of helping you and you take a practice run up and down a ramp, practice turns and practice getting off and on. You will do fine! It's totally worth it. We had so much fun on the segways and other than that, it was a great way to tour OSJ and we learned a lot of history and covered a lot of ground we wouldn't have had the time or energy to see on foot.

Would a total klutz (that would be me) be able to handle the Segway?

Hey! You should do the 2:30 tour with us if there is room? The other tours can't go inside the fort because it's dark, so it's really good to get that first tour the ship offers. That is the reason I booked our tours already. I heard this time slot is the first to go for that reason.

I have heard people of all shapes... all ages love this tour. Really!

We did the Segways about a month ago, on our visit to San Juan. I was nervous about it.................if you were to search back in the threads, you will find some posts from me, looking for reassurance that I wouldn't kill myself. We took the plunge and booked the tour (independently, on-line.......if you Google "Segway Tours, San Juan, Puerto Rico" you should find their website).

GREAT TOUR! GO FOR IT! We did the 2 hr, 9 a.m. tour. Chose 9 a.m. because we figured it wouldn't be so hot in the early morning. We had a blast. Learning to balance and drive was a piece of cake, it took maybe 5 minutes. Anybody can do it. Our group had a rider who had recently had knee surgery, he was all bandaged up. My husband has "drop foot" (can't lift the toes on one foot). They had no problem at all.

I guarantee you will love this little adventure!

On our ship... the Solstice, we could not book directly with the tour company. They are contracted with the Solstice. WHICH after research found out they aren't much cheaper than the ship anyway... so that works well.

Also for the Solstice, the earliest tour was 2:30pm. I am sure all ships are different. I just read that the later tours did not go into the fort because it was getting too dark.

I would love to do this but my back gets very stiff and sore when I am in 1 position for any length of time. Do you have to stay in one position for long periods of time on the segway? In the 2 hour tour how much time is spent at the fort?

I would love to do this but my back gets very stiff and sore when I am in 1 position for any length of time. Do you have to stay in one position for long periods of time on the segway? In the 2 hour tour how much time is spent at the fort?

It looks like there are many stops along the way. From what I read, you stop often for photos and touring... they explain things along the way. I don't think you'll be tied to the thing for long periods of time.

We board the ship on Sunday, Dec. 13 at 2PM... but we'd have time in the morning for a segway tour at 9, if it's still available.

Does anyone know if the public bus that takes people to Old San Juan gets anywhere near where you need to meet for the segway tour?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

I think the Fort was about 45 minutes. There is a bathroom break at the Fort, also. There are a few stops, for pictures. The tour guide will take pictures of you with your cameras. We had a stop at the Raices Fountain, where we got to sit for a minute or two, while we got a little history lesson. It's really not a tiring tour.................the time just flies by.

We board the ship on Sunday, Dec. 13 at 2PM... but we'd have time in the morning for a segway tour at 9, if it's still available.

Does anyone know if the public bus that takes people to Old San Juan gets anywhere near where you need to meet for the segway tour?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Segway tour office is at Pier 2.

http://www.segwaytourspr.com/reservation.html

image_map.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived