What would you do, NCL Star San Pedro

hav2travel

We will be on the Star 4/22/04. We will be flying into LAX the night before.

Where should we stay? Go directly Near the pier or stay around LAX for the night.

How much to cabs or shuttles cost from LAX to pier for 4 adults.

Please help,

Thanks

We're going on that cruise as well. We booked the Ramada Plaza for $59.50. It is a special internet rate. I understand the shuttle is free from LAX to the hotel and a taxi will cost around $50 to the pier. Maybe we'll see you there. Hope that helps.

I'm staying in San Pedro at the Sheraton, on the club floor. From what I have been told you can wake up, look out the window and see the STAR. They also offer a free continental breakfast if you stay on the Club floor, and have a free shuttle to the ship. They offer a stay and cruise package that includes transportation from the airport, and champagne but we didn't book that option. If I remember correctly I think a cab will run you about $35 - $40, or there are a couple of shuttle services available as well. I can't imagine 4 people and luggage would fit in 1 cab...

We drove to the pier for the Star, but the rest of my family flew and used the following package at the Holiday Inn San Pedro-Los Angeles Harbor:

FLY and CRUISE - only $149*

The Fly and Cruise Package is designed for the cruise passenger who is arriving in Los Angeles by air. Priced at only $149* per couple. The package includes the following:

• Champagne or carafe of wine
  • One night accommodation in a deluxe Victorian room
  • Transfer from Los Angeles International Airport to Hotel
  • Transfer from Hotel to the World Cruise Center
  • $189* per couple includes all of the above plus transfer from the World Cruise Center to Los Angeles International Airport
  • Additional nights are available for $99* per night

we were on the Star for the Christmas cruise. We took the Super Shuttle from LAX to the Best Western San Pedro. It has a free continental breakfast and a free shuttle to the ship. It was $68.00 per night. We took the Super Shuttle from the pier after the cruise to LAX. I prearranged it, so they were ready for us (there were 6 of us). It is now $12.00pp each way. You can catch the Super Shuttle at the airport and just outside the terminal.

We stayed at the Sheraton in San Pedro before our December 23rd cruise. Yes we could see the Star from our room. Our package included shuttle service to the pier. Its only about a five minute ride and drops you right at the entrance to the pier building.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone give me the address of the Cruise terminal? We are going on the Star on 4/22/05 also. We are thinking of renting a car at LAX, since we arrive at 8:00 am, and then dropping it off near the terminal. We want to get some sodas and stuff for the cruise, that we can't take on the plane. I've read in another thread that Enterprise has a rental agency near the port, and will drop you off there after returning the car.

I am also on the 4/22 Star sailing and I will be staying at the QM1.

I stayed there last year before sailing on the "Pride", all I can say is that it is a MUST! Worth the $100 per night and u get the tours on the QM 1 FREE. This is a taste of history. U get grab supper shuttle to get there, cost is about $15 PP. I plan to grab a cab to San Pedro( I hear about 10-15 minutes), I will also have a close friend and his wife, if we have enough, we can get super shuttle to get us to san Pedro.

email me at bushwack001@yahoo.com if u need more details.

Archived