Irons

BxHx561

No one forces you to do anything. If you want to cruise with NCL because they will bring you an iron that's fine. If you want your clothes ironed on a cruise with RCCL there is a service provided at a reasonable cost. I manage fine without the need for an iron. Clever packing and a few wrinkles don't bother me.

I know on NCL, if you call reception, they bring you an iron within minutes. There must be a way around this. I find it odd that passengers are forced to pay for this service.

Bring a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release - that works wonders on most items. You can also hang items in the bath while you shower. I find that if I pack well with the easily creased items in dry cleaning plastic there is no need to iron.

On our recent cruises we have seen a huge pile of irons on a table outside the ship for retrieval after the cruise. They're serious about this rule!

Yes indeed, this subject has been done to death.

The reason is because it is the most irritating and unhelpful aspect of cruising with Royal Caribbean.

We are off for two weeks in January - out from one port, in from another, via two other countries. The amount of luggage DW would have needed to avoid paying cleaning charges isn't worth talking about.

It is bizarre that RCI willingly lose passengers for this nonsensical policy.

Oh, and flamers, don't waste your breath, I'm not interested.

RCI is definitely not the only cruise line that does not allow irons to be brought onboard, none of them do.

That they do not have public laundry rooms is the difference between them and some others. I just pack carefully with dry cleaner bags and have no problem with wrinkles. the very slight crease we may encounter are helped with a wrinkle spray, I don't care for the scent of the Downey brand, so I use another.

We send clothes that need washing/dry cleaning to the laundry. It doesn't cost much, we spend around $20 for the week...a small price to pay for not having to do laundry on vacation. It's also a whole lot less than extra baggage fees at the airport.

I pack a small travel iron, never have a problem getting it on board. We pack our clothes between cleaners plastic bags, every once in a while we have to do a little touch up.

I wouldn't brag about your success in violating the no-iron policy and I certainly hope that others won't be encouraged to follow your example. You could do all of us a favor by publishing your future cruise schedule so we can avoid the risk of sailing with you when you choose to endanger yourself and your fellow passengers.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't brag about your success in violating the no-iron policy and I certainly hope that others won't be encouraged to follow your example. You could do all of us a favor by publishing your future cruise schedule so we can avoid the risk of sailing with you when you choose to endanger yourself and your fellow passengers.:rolleyes:

Thats lame. I bring a small travel iron onboard also. It's called being responsible. I'm not going to burn the place down. I'm more worried about all the drunk cigarette smokers. I also smuggle booze onboard. Oh no!!!

My cruise schedule is posted.

arrow-down.jpg

Our table mates on a recent cruise were caught trying to sneak an iron on board in their checked luggage. They were taken to the secret room, and left without food and water for several minutes:eek: while the iron was confiscated. At dinner they were visibly wrinkled by the ordeal. Having to wear unironed clothes was almost more than they could tolerate.:D They are probably seeking therapy from the trauma of the ordeal.

Thats lame. I bring a small travel iron onboard also. It's called being responsible. I'm not going to burn the place down. I'm more worried about all the drunk cigarette smokers. I also smuggle booze onboard. Oh no!!!

My cruise schedule is posted.

arrow-down.jpg

Doublespeak lives. Violating the ship line's "no-iron" policy is "being responsible" so, in your world, those who follow the policy are "irresponsible"?:rolleyes:

I am sure you are careful but unless you haven't heard there are such things as "accidents" that can happen to the most careful and conscientious people. I just hope I never sail on a ship when one of those "accidents" occurs.

Doublespeak lives. Violating the ship line's "no-iron" policy is "being responsible" so, in your world, those who follow the policy are "irresponsible"?:rolleyes:

I am sure you are careful but unless you haven't heard there are such things as "accidents" that can happen to the most careful and conscientious people. I just hope I never sail on a ship when one of those "accidents" occurs.

I agree with what your saying but there are small rules broken everyday the "could" affect the lives of others. I think the iron rule is one of those rules. Sorta like going 5mph over the speed limit.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. No problem........

I agree with what your saying but there are small rules broken everyday the "could" affect the lives of others. I think the iron rule is one of those rules. Sorta like going 5mph over the speed limit.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. No problem........

Certainly we can agree to disagree but I find it difficult to consider the iron rule a "small" rule since the consequences of an accident would be anything but small or inconsequential. Fires upon a ship are a very serious matter.

I don't really think that there is anything that can be said on this thread that hasn't been said ad nauseam and perhaps it is best to let it fade away until the next time. Anyone want salt and butter on their popcorn?

I agree that we can agree to disagree but I find it difficult to consider the iron rule a "small" rule since the consequences of an accident would be anything but small or inconsequential. Fires upon a ship are a very serious matter.

Ok, I give...................:D

Archived