Lots of Beer and water?

bstrong

My wife and I are going on a b2b out of miami in 57 days and we love to drink beer. We also love water. I have in the past packed a suitcase with canned beer and am planning on doing this again. I also want to bring a case or 2 of water, I have heard how some people buy it by the case and put a luggage sticker on it at the port? Is this correct?Will it work? I know I will have to smuggle the beer but what about the water? At what point do you think is to much(water) that they would say something. Thanks!!!

By the way we also spend alot at the bars on board.

B2B Destiny Jan. 16th, and 21st

There have been contradictory reports on whether you are still able to do that or not (stick a luggage tag on it). Some have reported that the porters no longer accept them in that form, and that they had to be put inside their luggage. So, I think the answer is maybe, maybe not. To be safe, it would probably be best just to stick them in a duffel bag or something like that and check them.

First of all - to DolFanNY - Go Phins!!!!:D

Second to the OP - in addition to whatever you bring, keep in mind that you are allowed to buy beer and water at the ports and bring them back on with you. My DH and I usually pick up a couple of 6-packs of Kalik when we are in the Bahamas. They only hold any liquor that you purchase in the ports. This might help you make it though the B2B without packing 2 extra suitcases!:cool:

Happy cruising!

First of all - to DolFanNY - Go Phins!!!!:D

Second to the OP - in addition to whatever you bring, keep in mind that you are allowed to buy beer and water at the ports and bring them back on with you. My DH and I usually pick up a couple of 6-packs of Kalik when we are in the Bahamas. They only hold any liquor that you purchase in the ports. This might help you make it though the B2B without packing 2 extra suitcases!:cool:

Happy cruising!

This is good to know. I just always assumed they would hold the beer too.

Water isn't an issue with the cruiselines...bring it, if you want. The ship's water is fine to drink, tho!

Beer, however, if found, will be held until you depart at the end of the cruise....."IF FOUND", is the operative word!!! Don't know how you'd keep that cold enough to be good for 2 weeks, tho!

We took a case of soda but no water. You may want to consider taking on fewer bottles of water and refilling them at the tap. The ship's water is made fresh daily and is very pure and delicious.

Some people are surprised that drinking water made from sea water does not taste salty. There was no funny taste at all on our recent Miracle cruise.

Some people are surprised that drinking water made from sea water does not taste salty. There was no funny taste at all on our recent Miracle cruise.

I agree. The ice cubes are made from the same filtered water. I made powdered drink mixes every day from tap water and couldn't tell the difference.

can you really carry beer back on the ship at the ports????????

no. at least not for me. tried it once on my alaska trip and they held it untill the end of the cruise. then i had to lug it home. and as said, the water on the ship is just as good as the kind you buy.

Archived