Give me Princess any day!

sashas_mom

Just watched the live broadcast on the largest ship in the world by Royal Carribbean from Cruise Critic (thank you' date=' brilliant idea). Can I just say it doesn't even appeal to me in the least!! Who wants a big mall/city and times square with the news scrolling on large digital screens when you're on vacation a cruise ship?? And if you happend to be watching did you see the rows of lounge chairs? It looked like a lounge chair factory, not a beautiful, poolside deck, IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I love N.Y. and enjoy going to the mall, but I'll take the International Cafe on the Crown or Ruby any day.....so gorgeous! so relaxing! so much fun!!!!!

Princess, if you read these boards....please keep up with what you're doing...I think you're the best!![/quote']

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out;)

While on the Mariner, we saw the Caribbean Princess and booked her for our next cruise. Big mistake. The theatre was TINY...red seats, red curtain and carpet- ugly. We couldn't get a seat to two shows despite being there 25 min early. The food was good, but the dining rooms were so dull and ugly. Wood, wood, no great art, marble, glass, etc. No room in the piano bar to sit or stand. Hige traffic jams in the hall leading to the pool. All around, bad use of space for the number of passengers. Lines for everything. Crowding for everything. Not so with the RCCL ships- they are so well designed. I will say that Princess did better with controlling secondhand smoke. However, I have no desire to return to Princess after being given a "half cruise" ( not being able to attend many shows and events) HUGE difference.

Just watched the live broadcast on the largest ship in the world by Royal Carribbean from Cruise Critic (thank you' date=' brilliant idea). Can I just say it doesn't even appeal to me in the least!! Who wants a big mall/city and times square with the news scrolling on large digital screens when you're on vacation a cruise ship?? And if you happend to be watching did you see the rows of lounge chairs? It looked like a lounge chair factory, not a beautiful, poolside deck, IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I love N.Y. and enjoy going to the mall, but I'll take the International Cafe on the Crown or Ruby any day.....so gorgeous! so relaxing! so much fun!!!!!

Princess, if you read these boards....please keep up with what you're doing...I think you're the best!!

Raising my hand.......I do ..I do!! :D;):p And then, after having the time of my life ziplinging, eating cupcakes and watching the Broadway show Hairspray, I'll go back to my private little balcony and relaaaaaaaaaaaaax. ;)

Pretty funny that the mods moved the thread here.

You should not judge until you are on the ship, the pool area is one of the most beautiful I have seen, the layout is fantastic! I love the seperation of the pool area from the kids zone.

I have to do a review soon but I am still in florida wont be home until tomorrow...but do not judge this ship until you are on her...by far Royal exceeded any expectations I might have had.

I was very worried about the size of the ship and how hard it was to get around and mind you are cabins were in the very front of the ship! But the way it is designed almost all the main events are centered in the middle of the ship so getting to anything was extremely easy and did not take long at all.

The outdid themselves with the new royal promenade..it is unbelievable, wider and so nice. So many areas to just sit and enjoy it.

You should not judge until you are on the ship, the pool area is one of the most beautiful I have seen, the layout is fantastic! I love the seperation of the pool area from the kids zone.

I have to do a review soon but I am still in florida wont be home until tomorrow...but do not judge this ship until you are on her...by far Royal exceeded any expectations I might have had.

I was very worried about the size of the ship and how hard it was to get around and mind you are cabins were in the very front of the ship! But the way it is designed almost all the main events are centered in the middle of the ship so getting to anything was extremely easy and did not take long at all.

The outdid themselves with the new royal promenade..it is unbelievable, wider and so nice. So many areas to just sit and enjoy it.

Hi Janet,

You're a celebrity now - I saw you on Good Morning America yesterday and it looked like you were having a great time. Safe trip home.

I hope you took lots of pictures.

I can't wait - 2 weeks from today.

Dotsie

When I replied to your other post I was thinking that maybe I saw you on TV! I guess I was right..:D.

After seeing a Princess ship debark in St. Thomas a few years ago, I can understand why the "typical" Princess guest would not like Oasis. I think that HAL might be more in line for what that group would be looking for.;):eek:

So true! Princess is very sedate as is HAL. I found my cruises on both of those lines to be similar. I'm not a die hard RCL fan but IMO they do have the best ships afloat. Princess has the best pizza at sea, but that is about it. I have nine more days until I get to experience the Oasis myself and I can't wait!!!!!

HI all,

I started to read the posts and wondered why everyone is considering my thread a complaint and why I'm "polluting" your space only to find they did move my thread from Princess board to here (and I'm not even sure where "here" is since I just clicked on a link I got in an email.

Anyway, didn't mean to start a whole debate...just stating an opinion on the Princess boards and commending Princess since I do love cruising with them, and just for the record, I'm with you, choices are great for all.

I hope those of you who are sailing on the Oasis have a wonderful cruise.

HI all' date='

I started to read the posts and wondered why everyone is considering my thread a complaint and why I'm "polluting" your space only to find they did move my thread from Princess board to here (and I'm not even sure where "here" is since I just clicked on a link I got in an email.

Anyway, didn't mean to start a whole debate...just stating an opinion on the Princess boards and commending Princess since I do love cruising with them, and just for the record, I'm with you, choices are great for all.

I hope those of you who are sailing on the Oasis have a wonderful cruise.[/quote']

No hard feelings...Happy cruising to you as well. :):cool:

HI all' date='

I hope those of you who are sailing on the Oasis have a wonderful cruise.[/quote']

And I also love cruising Princess....:D

hey buddy, how goes it?:cool:

LOL @ ahornb, the camera is already packed and ready to go. :D

cruisingator and janetz, how are u both? :cool::)

I am great! Your cruise is almost on! So excited for you. Take manymany pics. :D

I am great! Your cruise is almost on! So excited for you. Take manymany pics. :D

janetz, if i don't stay off the internet & CC looking @ all the pics and videos, i'm never going to start or finish packing. LOL:D

There's already a thread on the main RCI board for those who have no desire to cruise on the Oasis.

Variety is the spice of life....I'm thankful to have options and choices. The RCI fleet is comprised of ships in all size ranges that appeal to the tastes of everyone.

If the Oasis is not for you...fine but don't pollute an area that dedicated for those of us who are interested.

Last time I checked people on this board had the right to post whatever they felt as long as it was not vulgar. Its interesting to see the chearleaders of each line behave in the same belligerent manner, god forbid someone have a different opinion. Personally whatever someone says on here about Oasis wouldnt influence my decision to sail on her. I am fascinated by the logistics and technology of the ship, but I am not sure I would really want to sail on a ship with that many passengers, and the itineraries of both of the genesis class twins dont really interest me, but i hope those that sail on her have a great time.

I love Princess and I love RCI...each company has so much to offer...they are different and yet they are the same. I am so grateful to have the diversity of so many cruise lines. We are the luckiest people in the world to be able to pick and chose as we do, and to go on cruises. What a life...I feel so blessed.

Rev

I love Princess and I love RCI...each company has so much to offer...they are different and yet they are the same. I am so grateful to have the diversity of so many cruise lines. We are the luckiest people in the world to be able to pick and chose as we do, and to go on cruises. What a life...I feel so blessed.

Rev

I'm with you, Rev. We feel the exact same way.

Our travel staff just got back from "To Large of the Seas". The comments were "nice ship", "traditional RCI","more of a destination then a cruiseship", "when in the center of the ship getting lost was easy to do" "well thought out check in" and food and service "ok". The crowds were not an issue, because is was half full making it fell very empty.

I think the verdict is still out, but personally the Crown is big enough and might like a bigger ship if more public space is added, but I am not impressed with RCI's service or food so not going to waste my time.

Planning a family vacation on Princess / Alska this summer and can't wait!

All cruise ships are beautiful in my opinion. Quite frankly, they excite me and fulfill my adventure dreams every time.

I am so grafteful that both my husband and I have the health and means to travel....even if we had to wait until retirement to do this.

May all your cruisedays bring you joy.....

Anna

I saw the OP on Princess thread site when it was originally posted & then when I posted a reply it was on the Princess site & is on Princess' site today. Is it also or was it on another site at one time??? I know this is a stupid question bgut it goes along with everything with this anyway. Also, yes Good Cruising, Everybody.

Archived