What's Around the Port?

BaiAilian2013

My husband and parents and I are thinking of booking a semi-sub, West End Village, and cameo factory combination excursion through Princess. It drops us off back at the boat several hours before the boat leaves, though, so I was wondering if there is anything of interest within walking distance of the port?

Thanks!

My husband and parents and I are thinking of booking a semi-sub, West End Village, and cameo factory combination excursion through Princess. It drops us off back at the boat several hours before the boat leaves, though, so I was wondering if there is anything of interest within walking distance of the port?

Thanks!

Well, if you're on the CP in December, you may be one of the first cruisers to dock at the new pier, Mahogany Bay. No one has been there yet. There are suppose to be a number of shops and restaurants. The will be a beach chair lift ride to a nearby beach where you can rent umbrella and kayaks and such. Or you can walk over a foot bridge to the beach. Outside the complex there is only tropical forest and a road. Nearest town is about 3 miles away.

If by chance the new pier is still not open, then around Coxen Hole pier there are a few shops in a two story complex, and a small tiki hut bar next to the actual pier. Outside the pier fence area isn't a lot, you can wander up into the town but it's not really set up for cruisers. you won't find too much more there than you do down at West End, except Elon's a grocery store.

Archived