First Time HA Cruisers

Pickels

OK, here's a loaded question for all you seasoned Holland America cruisers. Here's your chance to brag/complain; state the pros and cons of cruising on HA etc.

We are looking at cruising out of San Diego and doing the Hawaiian cruise on the Zaandam. What are the advantages/disadvantages of cruising with Holland America. How's the service? How's the food? (we're not picky eaters). What about activities. What about the excursions. Be blunt, be fair, be honest. Thanks all...

We did similar Hawaii cruise on Princess - they have now cut thier cruise to 14 days and only 4 ports, whereas HAL still does 5 ports in Hawaii, so that's a plus over Princess.

I think the food is a little better on HAL, at least the steaks are better. it's harder to get shrimp cocktails on HAL and I missed that over Princess which has it on the "every night menu".

I think th entertainment is good but Princess had more venues for entertainment because of the bigger ship. But the smaller HAL ships are cozier and easier to walk around in.

We like HAL for their slightly bigger rooms (in the insides they have sofas on the older ships, pre-Vista class).

I'm probably not being a lot of help here but that's because I enjoy them all.

Have a great cruise and Alo-HA:)

We did similar Hawaii cruise on Princess - they have now cut thier cruise to 14 days and only 4 ports, whereas HAL still does 5 ports in Hawaii, so that's a plus over Princess.

....................:)

Btw, that's going to change - HAL is going to drop their port call at Kona:( and their 15 day/5 port Hawaiian cruise will become a 14 day/4 port cruise

OK, here's a loaded question for all you seasoned Holland America cruisers. Here's your chance to brag/complain; state the pros and cons of cruising on HA etc.

We are looking at cruising out of San Diego and doing the Hawaiian cruise on the Zaandam. What are the advantages/disadvantages of cruising with Holland America. How's the service? How's the food? (we're not picky eaters). What about activities. What about the excursions. Be blunt, be fair, be honest. Thanks all...

Yes, you'll love the 'pickels' on board ;)

Archived