Approximate Cost of Locket for Gold Filings

Been There, Planning That

I have one of those lockets myself from our trip in 2005. The two of us did gold panning at two separate locations, and my locket contains the sum total of those two adventures and is 1/2-2/3 full. I did, however, buy a 14k gold bezel and paid $50 for it at that time. If your girls are very young, I can see that a gold plated bezel might be a better option.

Funny thing.....I wear that locket a lot. Sometimes it's just the right size when I want a little something around my neck, and it's a good conversation piece.

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with them panning their gold.

Budget conscious and fun idea for young girls. Find some of the bubble blowers that you get as favors for weddings. The pretty clear ones with an eyelet for a ribbon necklace. Blow bubbles to celebrate your departure and then clean out and use for your gold flakes. Very inexpensive and girls love bubbles.

How Creative! I never thought of bubbles for sailaway either.

I'd rather hoped that the gold filings would be a souvenir of the trip; the idea to combine the adults' filings with those of the children so that there would be a few visible flakes. But if the lockets available are over budget, your suggestion will be used.

Thanks

Archived