Which Cruise Line to take?

karen116

Mooder,

Maam Thanks for your reply. It was correct for you showing another opinion where you so disagree. That to me makes what was in America great.

One item I do disagree in words as you may say, then post and state.

Which was/is Yes, I do think there is only one way to spell.

Inasmuch as some words yes others have similar meanings but the spelling is regional, national, slang, cultural and/or other reasons besides languages/dialects.

Having myself made petty spelling errors before and sorry if that offends you as I am not a dictionary. Posting with too much speed does not help the errors in your read.

Maam I made my own way so far in life not being a member of the entitlement society.

Not a dime neither Mercury,Eisenhower and/or Roosevelt.

I have done it on my own to help, travel , learn , explore and hope to do much more in what we have such very limited time on Gods earth.

On your choice of only one cruise line it is yours and I do not deplore it. I just suggested more. Once you do you may see what others so adore and really that, it ,not such a chore.

When reading your response, having to know it is your opinion is as mine to you, Maam too

Am glad you think it is good value as then it is, to you and others..

What was posted by me was for the OP and yes Fact, Professional and Personal Opinion.

I was not at all offended and don't mind incomplete sentences. I generally make it a habit NOT to edit other people as this is a friendly "live and let live" forum. You asked me what was difficult to understand about your post so I attempted to explain. Incomplete sentences do not make a point so a response cannot be formulated. I responded to what I could discern which was that you believe NCL is not a good value. I say it is. I do not have to have experienced other cruiselines to know whether the food and service are good or whether I am receiving good value. I have plenty of other dining experiences to compare.

Yes, I do think there is only one way to spell some words. The problem is that by changing the spelling of certain words, you change their meaning. Hence, the lack of clarity in your posts.

As for the use of the word "I," that is meant as a courtesy as I can only speak for myself.

I apologize if I offended your sense of accomplishment. It was not my intention and there is no need to compare degrees.

I thank you for your response and appreciate the dialogue.

Mooder,

Maam Thanks for your reply. It was correct for you showing another opinion where you so disagree. That to me makes what was in America great.

Inasmuch as some words yes others have similar meanings but the spelling is regional, national, slang, cultural and/or other reasons besides languages/dialects.

Having myself made petty spelling errors before and sorry if that offends you as I am not a dictionary. Posting with too much speed does not help the errors in your read.

Maam I made my own way so far in life not being a member of the entitlement society.

I have done it on my own to help, travel , learn , explore and hope to do much more in what we have such very limited time on Gods earth.

On your choice of only one cruise line it is yours and I do not deplore it. Just suggested more. Once you do you may see what others so adore then really that, it ,not such a chore.

When reading your response, having to know it is your opinion is as mine to you, Maam too

What was posted by me was for the OP and yes Fact, Professional and Personal Opinion.

I was not at all offended and don't mind incomplete sentences. I generally make it a habit NOT to edit other people as this is a friendly "live and let live" forum. You asked me what was difficult to understand about your post so I attempted to explain. Incomplete sentences do not make a point so a response cannot be formulated. I responded to what I could discern which was that you believe NCL is not a good value. I say it is. I do not have to have experienced other cruiselines to know whether the food and service are good or whether I am receiving good value. I have plenty of other dining experiences to compare.

Yes, I do think there is only one way to spell some words. The problem is that by changing the spelling of certain words, you change their meaning. Hence, the lack of clarity in your posts.

As for the use of the word "I," that is meant as a courtesy as I can only speak for myself.

I apologize if I offended your sense of accomplishment. It was not my intention and there is no need to compare degrees.

I thank you for your response and appreciate the dialogue.

Mooder,

On your choice of only one cruise line it is yours and I do not deplore it. Just suggested more. Once you do you may see what others so adore then really that, it ,not such a chore.

AAAAmerican, it seems we have reached some common ground so I won't further the argument except to point out that you quoted me out of context. I said "there is only one way to spell some words." The "some words" is important since, as I mentioned, spelling can change the meaning. As you point out, some words are spelled differently in different regions or countries -- those were not the words which caused confusion.

I agree with the comments about tendering in St. George. My first cruise to Bermuda was on the NCL Crown and arriving via the Cut into St. George is a highlight I will never forget. Docking right in town there was also a wonderful experience - like having a hotel room in the center of things!

Maam,

Coming through the Town Cut to St. George which is only 250 feet wide and the depth is only 31 feet can be a nightmare for some ships as a few have even tried to come in backwards ( Stern side going forward ) the Cruise lines have not had built many vessels which do meet the requirements.

Even HAL, part of CCL/CUKL :NYSE/LSE , with an older ship did not measure well if at all.

The current Mayor of St. George's Hon. Kenny Bascome said recently " St. George's needs to have cruise ships." .

Such a truism, as I do hope the Cruise lines build a few smaller vessels to do the NY/NJ very profitable run to the Bermudian Islands ( Somers Isles ) again and more.

The Sixty Million BDM/US $ spent on the new Pier in the Dockyard on Ireland Island has helped the larger ships and local merchants but IMHO not St. Georges a lot.

I still say having more ferry services from the Dockyard to St. Georges is vital as well an easy way to increase visitation, usages and vendor/merchant sales.;)

I agree with the comments about tendering in St. George. My first cruise to Bermuda was on the NCL Crown and arriving via the Cut into St. George is a highlight I will never forget. Docking right in town there was also a wonderful experience - like having a hotel room in the center of things!

st_georges_bermuda144x200.jpg.4face3034e9236f8ac0c1386b12006c8.jpg

Maam,

Coming through the Town Cut to St. George which is only 250 feet wide and the depth is only 31 feet can be a nightmare for some ships as a few have even tried to come in backwards ( Stern side going forward ) the Cruise lines have not had built many vessels which do meet the requirements.

Now I'm confused, some ships have come in, "backwards, stern side going forward"? :confused: What ship did that???

jdarch,

Not a problem. Some American citizens are confused, even not knowing we do have four Commonwealth's also the added benefit of just passing the bar(s) there and not needing the so-called sheepskin either to do that.:eek:

On the Ships coming through the Town Cut....next to it is Two Rock Passage... a few have had to do that method, as mentioned so as conditions did not permit the normal entrance. This is used in Docking ships too Maam.

How do you think , as in the Queen Victoria a CCL/CUK :NYSE /LSE ship of its Cunard like whacked the wharf on its Maiden voyage where it is flagged? That required a lot of patching on that new stern section and went out of service a few days...Yes the Corporate Chairman/President and other dignitaries etc etc... were aboard when that walloping and accident happened..

Pilots take charge when they are paid to bring ships in, the Captain (Master) of the ship has little to say how that is done once the pilot is in control.

As far as weather is concerned, should the winds exceed 25 knots, cruise ships generally do not enter the Town Cut and are accommodated elsewhere on the Islands.

I do believe one of the latest, as you may well know is a NCL ship.

Ask them...

And/or. Even call the Town Manager of the Corp. of St. Georges. He can probably answer quickly and give a full list to you for your book Maam.:cool:;)

Now I'm confused, some ships have come in, "backwards, stern side going forward"? :confused: What ship did that???

Did I miss the answer among the commonweaths, law degrees, Two Rock Passage which is into Hamilton since the discussion has been about Town Cut into St. George's, and the patching of the Queen Victoria.:confused:

Did I miss the answer among the commonweaths, law degrees, Two Rock Passage which is into Hamilton since the discussion has been about Town Cut into St. George's, and the patching of the Queen Victoria.:confused:

Not really sure where to start... Except its easier to walk to New York than carry your lunch and not feed the trolls.

Not really sure where to start... Except its easier to walk to New York than carry your lunch and not feed the trolls.

ROFL-copter. Glad I'm not the only American citizen who can't make hide nor hair of that. :confused:

Aside from loving St. George's, I used to live in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, but I couldn't get over the bar without a pint of Sam Adams. Does that help? ;)

ROFL-copter. Glad I'm not the only American citizen who can't make hide nor hair of that. :confused:

Aside from loving St. George's, I used to live in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, but I couldn't get over the bar without a pint of Sam Adams. Does that help? ;)

A guys walks into a bar and hits his head.......

I was reading this thread and cannot figure out half of what is being said here. I feel as if someone is wearing a powdered wig!

Is it farther to Boston or by car?:confused:

I'd call you 'Sir,' but it doesn't have the same ring, so I'll stick to Mongo.

I'm probably wrong...it could be Maam instead of Ma'am, but I'm not a genius. Although sometimes I do play one on the internet ;)

Time to pull the pant legs up, because the shoes are shot.

PE

I'm no rocket scientist or ship engineer but I'm still trying to figure out how going in backwards would make the ship smaller or lighter.

Archived