restaurants in St Thomas

elysams

Personal experience: Tickles is good, but the service was terrible when we were there. Took forever someone to even come over and we had to flag her down then she said " this isn't my table" eventually whom ever it was never came either and the waitress we flagged down said she would take care of us. Other than, that the food was good.

If you're in Havensight try Delly Deck, Barefoot Buddah (across the Street), or Shipwreck Tavern (also across the street in Al Cohen's Mall, look for the huge hanging shark). Shipwreck Tavern has the best burger on the Island.

At Yacht Haven Grande you can also try Fat Turtle for lunch.

I have heard on this board that Iggies is not open from lunch. We've only been there for dinner.

Scott

cephasde: You would probably have a hard time convincing a taxi to take you to Hull Bay.

laser: Tickle's can have up and down service, but their prices are good, and they are close by for people docked at Crown Bay. Also, Iggie's was closed for lunch this summer, but have opened again for season!

Cuzzin's was very good. Ask if they have 'Old Wife' fish. It won't be on the menu. Stay away from the green salads--heard this 'recommendation' from several locals. The stuffing, yams and fungi were all good. So was the curried shrimp.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to get to Hull Bay without renting a car?

You can take a taxi. You'd want to arrange for the taxi to return for you at a set time, or take their business card or a telephone number for their taxi assoications dispatch number so that you could call a taxi when you were ready to leave. There aren't taxis waiting around Hull Bay. There is a restaurant/bar there and a watersports booth/dive shop - so someone at either place could help with calling a taxi.

--Islander

• 3 weeks later...

Sugar Ible Cafe & Bar

Great Caribbean Food in the Main St. Shopping District

We shared a Fry Fish and Conch in Butter Sauce, both were fantastic. Very friendly staff. We loved it, but if you're scared to eat at local places or anywhere not part of a multi-national chain, skip it.

Fry Fish - Sauteed fish in a spicy brown sauce, with rice & peas and fried plantains.

Conch in Butter Sauce - Conch sauteed with peppers and onions in a light butter sauce, with rice & peas and fried plantains.

I wish we could have gone back for dinner to try more of the menu!

I love Gladys Cafe in the Royal Dane Mall in Charlotte Amalie ... For the past few years.. every time we pass through St Thomas on a cruise, I've had lunch there. It's been two years since our last visit to St Thomas.

Great place, lots of local flavor.

I love Gladys Cafe in the Royal Dane Mall in Charlotte Amalie ... For the past few years.. every time we pass through St Thomas on a cruise, I've had lunch there. It's been two years since our last visit to St Thomas.

Great place, lots of local flavor.

Gladys is our favorite. Great food, nice local touch. If you are lucky Gladys won't sing. Drink prices good. Portions are large.

I like eating where I can see the water, and preferably feel the ocean breezes.

So, I like eating at any of the restaurants/beach bars at Emerald Beach/Lindbergh Bay near the Crown Bay dock. There are several of them now, and a few food vans if you want local food.

A new restaurant is opening at Crown Bay dock, and I can't wait for that one. Hmmm, think I'll go there tomorrow to check out the progress!

• 1 year later...

Archived