Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Hi Mach! So can ask your contacts about the ongoing propulsion problems on the Destiny? It really sounds like they need to address the issue corporately, and state honestly what the problem is, and what the plans are to get her fixed. It seems it has been going on for so long now. So if they have to say it's only a problem that can be fixed in dry-dock, and until then, we will bandaid it, then so be it. It would be nice to hear what the real problem or status is. Thanks!!

Hi Mach,

Thanks for the information on cove balconys. Good to know about the lock. She will never be on the balcony by herself, but you know how fast those little ones can move! We will just have to sacrifice and make sure she is sitting on our laps when we are on the balcony:D.

As far as not locking your luggage, what we started to do since 9/11 is secure the locks on our luggage with zip ties instead of traditional locks whenever we travel by plane or ship. That way, if security needs to get inside, they just clip open the zip tie instead of breaking your locks. We never put anything valuable in our checked luggage, that all stays with us in our carry-ons.

Hi Mach,

Thanks for the information on cove balconys. Good to know about the lock. She will never be on the balcony by herself, but you know how fast those little ones can move! We will just have to sacrifice and make sure she is sitting on our laps when we are on the balcony:D.

As far as not locking your luggage, what we started to do since 9/11 is secure the locks on our luggage with zip ties instead of traditional locks whenever we travel by plane or ship. That way, if security needs to get inside, they just clip open the zip tie instead of breaking your locks. We never put anything valuable in our checked luggage, that all stays with us in our carry-ons.

There is no reason for them to break the locks to get into them, they have a special key that will open any lock including the number locks. If you look under the bottom of each lock, you will see where another key can be inserted to open it.

Host Mach,

I told you so, I told you so!!!

Remember a couple of months ago when I said that the Carnival Magic would be the ship to reopen the cruises in Europe and like I said, what better way to do that, but with a brand new ship. Well, everyone said that I was wrong, that the ship would probably do a couple of runs in Europe and then probably be sent to Galveston as it primary port, well it turned out I was right, the Magic will be in Europe, where is should be and then the next new ship can come to the states.

Hi Mach! So can ask your contacts about the ongoing propulsion problems on the Destiny? It really sounds like they need to address the issue corporately, and state honestly what the problem is, and what the plans are to get her fixed. It seems it has been going on for so long now. So if they have to say it's only a problem that can be fixed in dry-dock, and until then, we will bandaid it, then so be it. It would be nice to hear what the real problem or status is. Thanks!!

This is what I heard from Carnival about the issues on the Destiny:

The propulsion problem that occurred during the Carnival Destiny’s January 16 voyage did not arise until after the cruise was underway. When the ship left the dock in Miami, there was no indication of a problem. The ship departed late from Miami because we were taking on fresh water and the length of time required pushed us past the normal departure time. Any previous technical issues the ship has experienced are unrelated to the issue that occurred this past week.

So, there it is...

This is what I heard from Carnival about the issues on the Destiny:

The propulsion problem that occurred during the Carnival Destiny’s January 16 voyage did not arise until after the cruise was underway. When the ship left the dock in Miami, there was no indication of a problem. The ship departed late from Miami because we were taking on fresh water and the length of time required pushed us past the normal departure time. Any previous technical issues the ship has experienced are unrelated to the issue that occurred this past week.

So, there it is...

Thank you Mach! But it does make my eyes roll & recite "whatever". :rolleyes:

Thank you Mach! But it does make my eyes roll & recite "whatever". :rolleyes:

Yeah, well I suspect the the gist of the answer is that the prior issues were resolved only to have something new crop up.

Yep... it's a bummer all right...

:(

Hi Mach,

It has been about 2 years since we were on the Conquest and we cannot remember how much is the Supper Club? I believe it starts out at 30.00pp and then drinks if you have any....and then gratuity added to that...is that correct?

Also any idea of when we can make reservations?

Thanks,

Hi Mach,

It has been about 2 years since we were on the Conquest and we cannot remember how much is the Supper Club? I believe it starts out at 30.00pp and then drinks if you have any....and then gratuity added to that...is that correct?

Also any idea of when we can make reservations?

Thanks,

The charge for the steakhouse ( I like Supper Club better... ) is still $30 INCLUDING the a small gratuity. Most folks, myself included, believe that the service is worthy of an additional tip.

As you mentioned, drinks are additional.

Enjoy! I always do!!!

:)

The charge for the steakhouse ( I like Supper Club better... ) is still $30 INCLUDING the a small gratuity. Most folks, myself included, believe that the service is worthy of an additional tip.

As you mentioned, drinks are additional.

Enjoy! I always do!!!

I agree we enjoyed it very much back in 2008 and was well worth the extra tip. We dont 5 star dine at home much and this was even more of a special treat than the traditional dining room. Everyone should experience atleast once and more if the like it. Thanks for the help we will definitely be going on our May trip. I miss the Conquest is definitely our favorite ship.

Can reservations be made before the cruise or were we just able to call the first night and reserve I cant for the life of me remember!!!

I agree we enjoyed it very much back in 2008 and was well worth the extra tip. We dont 5 star dine at home much and this was even more of a special treat than the traditional dining room. Everyone should experience atleast once and more if the like it. Thanks for the help we will definitely be going on our May trip. I miss the Conquest is definitely our favorite ship.

Can reservations be made before the cruise or were we just able to call the first night and reserve I cant for the life of me remember!!!

You sure can reserve dining before your cruise! Here's a link!

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/MyReservation/supper_club.aspx?WT.mc_id=BSupperClubBlog

Mach, just read about Carnival offering the Chef's Table on the Ecstacy recently. Could you please find out if this is something they are just testing out of is this being offered now fleetwide. Would be interested in doing this on our Miracle cruise next month

Thanks

Mach, just read about Carnival offering the Chef's Table on the Ecstacy recently. Could you please find out if this is something they are just testing out of is this being offered now fleetwide. Would be interested in doing this on our Miracle cruise next month

Thanks

Odd you should ask... I just emailed Steve Cassel, the CD on the Ecstasy, and asked exactly the same question!

I'll post here as soon as I hear from him.

How far in advance can a reservation be made? When I look at the link it only has the years 2008, 2009 and 2010 available and I'm going Jan 1 2011.

I don't even know why 2008 is still there? :confused:

Thanks!

Debbie :)

I try to avoid making reservations more than about six weeks out. Folks move from ship to ship and occasionally things fall through the cracks when that happens...

Odd you should ask... I just emailed Steve Cassel, the CD on the Ecstasy, and asked exactly the same question!

I'll post here as soon as I hear from him.

I just got this from Steve:

Hi Mach,

Yes we do! It's a pilot program on the Dream and Ecstasy and it's getting rave reviews so far. I'll send you the info after I do the Fun Ashore talk this morning.

Thanks,

Steve

I'll add the rest of the information when he sends it along...

Hi Mach,

Is there any way to find out which ships have piano bars that are non-smoking?

I would definitely like to plan a cruise based on this (realizing that it could change :()

Thanks!

Hi, John

Not even the Carnival Dream is completely smoke free in the piano bar.

I'll ask and post the answer here.

Mach,

Can you shed any light on the new policy requiring everyone to keep ther luggage unlocked when giving them to the porters? I think there has been a couple of different threads on this and it does show in the cruise docs now. People are making quite a fuss about it.

Where I dont have alot of issue with it. The delivery of luggage into the hallway and everyone knowing all the luggage is sitting there unlocked makes me a tad nervous. I know not to put valuables in my checked luggage, but my thought is when its all you own for a week everything in it is valuable, lol !!

Mach,

Can you shed any light on the new policy requiring everyone to keep ther luggage unlocked when giving them to the porters? I think there has been a couple of different threads on this and it does show in the cruise docs now. People are making quite a fuss about it.

Where I dont have alot of issue with it. The delivery of luggage into the hallway and everyone knowing all the luggage is sitting there unlocked makes me a tad nervous. I know not to put valuables in my checked luggage, but my thought is when its all you own for a week everything in it is valuable, lol !!

I asked and, as a first response, was told that it's likely to comply with TSA requirements...

I'm not worried about it. I can't imagine how long it would take to scan and individually inspect the five or six thousand bags that get loaded onto a Conquest Class ship...

I asked and, as a first response, was told that it's likely to comply with TSA requirements...

I'm not worried about it. I can't imagine how long it would take to scan and individually inspect the five or six thousand bags that get loaded onto a Conquest Class ship...

Well TSA doesnt require you to leave your luggage unlocked they actually try to encourage them to be locked with TSA approved locks that they have a key to so I dont really see how that could be the reason.

Thanks!

Archived