Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

When we use to cruise out of Long Beach, we always went over around 9AM and did early check-in aboard the Queen Mary. Never had a problem giving porters our bags that early. Often it was crowded with disembarking people, but never lost our bags. <knock on wood>

We cruised on the Splendor last August and the early check in (and also the porters accepting luggage) was 9:30 to 11:00.

Host Mach, I read on the Roatan port thread that there was some sort of court battle going on about the reef being destroyed by the ships so Mahogany Bay would be closing down in a few months. The poster was upset w/Carnival anyway because of the long walk to tour operators so I doubt the validity of this claim. Before it circulated on my roll call I wanted to know the truth of it . ( Nip it in the bud! ) Thanks in advance.

Host Mach, I read on the Roatan port thread that there was some sort of court battle going on about the reef being destroyed by the ships so Mahogany Bay would be closing down in a few months. The poster was upset w/Carnival anyway because of the long walk to tour operators so I doubt the validity of this claim. Before it circulated on my roll call I wanted to know the truth of it . ( Nip it in the bud! ) Thanks in advance.

Great question! I emailed a friend of mine at Carnival and I suspect it will take him a day or two to research it.

I DO know that there has been some damage to the reef at Roatan but not due to Carnival's ships. The damage has been caused by run off from the island. Hundreds of acres of mangrove trees have been cut down and improperly handled construction has allowed red soil to flow into the rivers during a rain. The sediment ends up impacting the coral reefs quite negatively.

I'll let you know what I hear.

:)

First report...

I just heard from Carnival in Miami... here's the response:

We checked with our Roatan folks and they have no knowledge of this. Can you clarify what this is all about?

I sent him the info that I had and he's checking further but I suspect it's just sour grapes on the part of the poster...

When we use to cruise out of Long Beach, we always went over around 9AM and did early check-in aboard the Queen Mary. Never had a problem giving porters our bags that early. Often it was crowded with disembarking people, but never lost our bags. <knock on wood>

Great Thank you that is exactly what we are thinking about doing hopefully we have the same luck <knock on wood>:rolleyes:

Hi, Mach - I have a question. On the Ecstasy they serve a drink called A Kiss on the Lips - it's a luscious frozen drink, I love it. I'm going on an Alaskan cruise in August on the Spirit - will they also have this drink available?

Thanks - Nancy

Hi, Mach - I have a question. On the Ecstasy they serve a drink called A Kiss on the Lips - it's a luscious frozen drink, I love it. I'm going on an Alaskan cruise in August on the Spirit - will they also have this drink available?

Thanks - Nancy

Hi, Nancy!

Carnival's drink menu is universal through out the fleet... here's the latest one...

DrinkMenu6.jpg

Hi Mach,

I'm so confused. I want to avoid using a credit card on my Splendor cruise in May. We booked through a TA, so when I called Carnival they told me that my TA had to call to add a OBC :confused:. So, I asked if I could just buy Fun Ship Dollars to use as OBC. The agent said yes. Is this correct? Can I use Fun Ship Dollars when I board, for everything just like I would a credit card or money?

Thanks for you help.

Hi Mach,

I'm so confused. I want to avoid using a credit card on my Splendor cruise in May. We booked through a TA, so when I called Carnival they told me that my TA had to call to add a OBC :confused:. So, I asked if I could just buy Fun Ship Dollars to use as OBC. The agent said yes. Is this correct? Can I use Fun Ship Dollars when I board, for everything just like I would a credit card or money?

Thanks for you help.

All the above is correct... Because you booked with a TA it's the TA's job to handle all communications with Carnival. They pay the TA to perform that function so why do the job for them??

You can purchase Fun Ship Dollars through the website. You can opt to send them to yourself and present them to the Purser when you board!

Hi Mach:

I just came across this thread and it took me two days to read everything. Lots of great information.

I was on b2b on Facsination Feb 1 and Feb 6. I notice through this board that they started selling future cruise certificates on the Fascination this month. I e-mailed Carnival to see if there was any way to buy one of these now since they were not available when I was on the ship. I don't think they read my e-mail since they responded by telling me that if I wanted to book a cruise I needed to call 1-800-carnival.

I hope you can find out if the FCC are available to recent travelers. My husband and I have taken 6 cruises and have never been able to buy one of these.

Thanks for everything you do.:)

Hi Mach:

I just came across this thread and it took me two days to read everything. Lots of great information.

I was on b2b on Facsination Feb 1 and Feb 6. I notice through this board that they started selling future cruise certificates on the Fascination this month. I e-mailed Carnival to see if there was any way to buy one of these now since they were not available when I was on the ship. I don't think they read my e-mail since they responded by telling me that if I wanted to book a cruise I needed to call 1-800-carnival.

I hope you can find out if the FCC are available to recent travelers. My husband and I have taken 6 cruises and have never been able to buy one of these.

Thanks for everything you do.:)

I posed this question some time ago and was told that the promotion is only on board... you can't buy them post cruise...

I'll be happy to ask if there's been any change to that policy, however...

Good morning Mach!

A quick question - how do you pronouce John's last name? Is it like heeled or held or something else?

I'm totally curious about this! LOL

Thanks so much!

Jeannie

Good morning Mach!

A quick question - how do you pronouce John's last name? Is it like heeled or held or something else?

I'm totally curious about this! LOL

Thanks so much!

Jeannie

It's pronounced heeled...

You were right!

I have one for you please.... we're taking our kids on our Splendor cruise at the end of May. I've been making them "travel books" just printouts of crossword puzzles, scavenger hunts, games, etc. to keep them busy. Do you know if there is anything like that for Carnival? I've read on the boards how they have adult scavenger hunts (more like photo hunts). Is there anything like that we can print out in advance for the kids?

Thanks!

Shawn in AK

Hi, Shawn...

I don't believe that there's anything that can be printed out in advance but I do know that Circle C and Camp Carnival have games of that type, scavenger hunts in particular

I've seen kids dashing about collecting any manner of odd items from all over the ship. They really seem to love it!

I've never heard of kids going bored on the ship. They keep them flat busy!

You'll love the Splendor. She's an amazingly lovely vessel. Please say hi to Goose for me!!

Thanks for letting me know. We're doing these for the airplane, waiting to board, etc. I've done them for my kids when we've been to Disney, and they just pull out their books and work on them when they get bored. Better than having obnoxious kids who are completely bored of waiting, right?

Thanks for your help!

Shawn in AK

I know this has been asked 1000 times but because it wasn`t one of my concerns I iqnored answers. Daughter sailing with me on the Dream May 1st & needs to keep in touch with sitter/kids. Do you know anything about cheapest way to do this. I`ve heard cell horror stories. Is texting from cell any better? Also what about internet pkgs on board. She thought maybe she could email sitter each evening.Do you have any knowledge of costs?

I know this has been asked 1000 times but because it wasn`t one of my concerns I iqnored answers. Daughter sailing with me on the Dream May 1st & needs to keep in touch with sitter/kids. Do you know anything about cheapest way to do this. I`ve heard cell horror stories. Is texting from cell any better? Also what about internet pkgs on board. She thought maybe she could email sitter each evening.Do you have any knowledge of costs?

Cell phone service is provided by Cellular At Sea. It's a satellite based communication system that transfers your call from the ship to your provider's network on shore. They charge $2.49 per minute for this service. Your provider may have additional charges for international roaming so you'll need to check with them.

Internet service is available on all Carnival ships. Regardless of whether you use their machines in the internet café or bring your own laptop or netbook there's a one time setup fee of $3.95 and the per minute charges. Ala carte use, by the minute, is $.75. Packages for access are available as you can see in this picture I took on the Dream last November:

Dream137.jpg

Archived