Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Hi Mach.

Didn't have time to read through the whole thread - so sorry if someone asked this already...

Any chance of arranging a Meet and Greet with John Heald one day when he is in port in Galveston?? My girls and I would love the opportunity to go on the Conquest one day when it's in port and have the "honour" of meeting John in person. I'm sure a lot of other people would be up for it, too! It would also be a GREAT opportunity for us to see the Conquest.

Just an idea/wish. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Ashley

Hi Mach.

Didn't have time to read through the whole thread - so sorry if someone asked this already...

Any chance of arranging a Meet and Greet with John Heald one day when he is in port in Galveston?? My girls and I would love the opportunity to go on the Conquest one day when it's in port and have the "honour" of meeting John in person. I'm sure a lot of other people would be up for it, too! It would also be a GREAT opportunity for us to see the Conquest.

Just an idea/wish. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Ashley

Visiting a ship in port is possible but it takes a bit of time to set up and time is running short. I visited the Conquest last year after she first came out of dry dock.

John has two cruises left on the Conquest before he moves to the Fantasy in Mobile so I'm guessin' it's too late.

:)

Visiting a ship in port is possible but it takes a bit of time to set up and time is running short. I visited the Conquest last year after she first came out of dry dock.

John has two cruises left on the Conquest before he moves to the Fantasy in Mobile so I'm guessin' it's too late.

Darn. I should have thought of this sooner.

Thanks,

Ashley :)

Hi Mach,

Can you answer a question about one of your favorite ports?

Do you know what kind of beach chairs are at Doctors cave, are they regular beach loungers or those that sit straight on the beach and are curved?

Thanks,

Sheila

Hi, Sheila...

Probably the best answer is a picture:

doctors-cave-beach.jpg

Now, the chairs and all are for a fee so I guess you can kind of customize your day there. I've stayed at Breezes, the resort at the other end of the Bay, many times and I can tell you that the beach is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hi, Sheila...

doctors-cave-beach.jpg

Now, the chairs and all are for a fee so I guess you can kind of customize your day there. I've stayed at Breezes, the resort at the other end of the Bay, many times and I can tell you that the beach is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Man,that pic makes em want to hop on a ship!

Hi, Sheila...

doctors-cave-beach.jpg

WOW! That is exactly what I needed to see! Not the chairs but the view lol. Appreciate the info on the chairs too! I am seriously getting excited now, 3 weeks from today and I will be sitting on that very beach soaking up the sun and some red stripe.

In recent years the social security administration has started offering a mastercard debit card for reciepients to receive their ss checks. It is issued through Comerica Bank. The info on Atm usage says it can be used any where in the United States where mastercard debit cards are accepted. There is no surcharge if atm has certain logos like PNC, MoneyPass, Alliance, Comerica are a few.

It is called US DirectExpress Mastercard Debit Card.

My question is there an ATM on board the Dream? And would it be considered an ATM in the US? Basically I want to know for sure if I`m gonna be able to withdraw money on board?

In recent years the social security administration has started offering a mastercard debit card for reciepients to receive their ss checks. It is issued through Comerica Bank. The info on Atm usage says it can be used any where in the United States where mastercard debit cards are accepted. There is no surcharge if atm has certain logos like PNC, MoneyPass, Alliance, Comerica are a few.

It is called US DirectExpress Mastercard Debit Card.

My question is there an ATM on board the Dream? And would it be considered an ATM in the US? Basically I want to know for sure if I`m gonna be able to withdraw money on board?

Yeah... you sure can but be prepared to pay a fairly hefty fee... From Carnival:

Automatic Teller Machines (ATM)

Automatic Teller Machines are located on the Promenade Deck on all ships.

There is a $5.50 fee per transaction for this service, which is controlled by the bank sponsoring the ATM's, Bank Atlantic of Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Guests are able to withdraw funds and make balance inquiries on their checking and savings accounts while the ship is in port or at sea.

Note: The supply of money may be depleted prior to the end of the cruise.

The following is a list of major credit cards and Networks accepted:

Honor

Tyme

Shazam

American Express

Magic Line

Oath

Mac

MasterCard (Cirrus for Non-U.S)

Visa (Plus)

Nyce

Pulse

Yankee

Alert

Dream143.jpg

Mach,

Any idea when the rest of 2011 and the 2012 dates are going to be available for Galveston? Alot of the other departure ports already have the availability to book out to April of 2012 and Galveston is only listed thru Aug 2011.

Would like to take advantage of the Early Saver Rates for our trip we are planning for early 2012, sigh

Mach,

Any idea when the rest of 2011 and the 2012 dates are going to be available for Galveston? Alot of the other departure ports already have the availability to book out to April of 2012 and Galveston is only listed thru Aug 2011.

Would like to take advantage of the Early Saver Rates for our trip we are planning for early 2012, sigh

Last year it took until nearly June to get the rates out.

This isn't a computerized product. The folks in Miami sit there and discuss itinerary changes... prices and whatnot 'til they come up with a product they can all agree on. It may be something as simple as an excursion no longer being available or new excursions being added or as complex as bringing in a new ship!

Last year it took until nearly June to get the rates out.

This isn't a computerized product. The folks in Miami sit there and discuss itinerary changes... prices and whatnot 'til they come up with a product they can all agree on. It may be something as simple as an excursion no longer being available or new excursions being added or as complex as bringing in a new ship!

Thanks Mach!

Ok well I will just have to keep looking then, lol. Gives me something to do waiting to get on the Conquest in 2 weeks!!!

Thanks Mach!

Ok well I will just have to keep looking then, lol. Gives me something to do waiting to get on the Conquest in 2 weeks!!!

It really can be a bit frustrating...

Galveston was pretty much the last port to get pricing last year as well but they're just goin' down the list!

Maybe we need to get 'em to start from the other end!

:D

2 questions for Mach or anyone els who know:

1: Do room stewards have access to the safe in my cabin under any circumstances? I hate to ask this because of the possible connotations and on our 1 and only cruise on the Conquest, our steward ( who was also the steward for my 3 teenage daughters' cabin POOR GUY) whose name was Johnny was nothing but wonderful, professional, fun... you get the message!

2. What are the saunas like on the Splendor? Are they co-ed? I have seen pictures of them with the big window out to the ocean:D. I cant wait! Would be nice to enjoy with my DH! 8 days and going crazy waiting!!!

Thanks in advance! And let me take this opportunity to thank all who post on CC. I have never found a place with soooo much valuable information!

Cassi

1: Do room stewards have access to the safe in my cabin under any circumstances? I hate to ask this because of the possible connotations and on our 1 and only cruise on the Conquest, our steward ( who was also the steward for my 3 teenage daughters' cabin POOR GUY) whose name was Johnny was nothing but wonderful, professional, fun... you get the message!

Thanks in advance! And let me take this opportunity to thank all who post on CC. I have never found a place with soooo much valuable information!

Cassi

To the best of my knowledge the stewards do not have the ability to access your safe. I believe that security are the only Carnival staff that can.

2. What are the saunas like on the Splendor? Are they co-ed? I have seen pictures of them with the big window out to the ocean:D. I cant wait! Would be nice to enjoy with my DH! 8 days and going crazy waiting!!!

Cassi

Hi, Cassi.

The cabin stewards do not have access to the safes. Either a supervisor, security or a Purser is necessary to open a safe.

I can't speak to the saunas as I don't use them but I'll be glad to drop Goose an email and ask...

Hi, Cassi.

The cabin stewards do not have access to the safes. Either a supervisor, security or a Purser is necessary to open a safe.

I can't speak to the saunas as I don't use them but I'll be glad to drop Goose an email and ask...

Thanks Mach! Yer da bomb!

It really can be a bit frustrating...

Galveston was pretty much the last port to get pricing last year as well but they're just goin' down the list!

Maybe we need to get 'em to start from the other end!

:D

The Elation's schedule was not released until September last year.

Archived