Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Mach,

Do you know how many outlets are in the Conquest inside Cabins? Also do you know where theyare located? DH has a large battery charger for the camera he has to charge and I believe that is why we have previously taken the Power strip due to it wouldnt fit by the desk.

Thanks,

Mach,

Do you know how many outlets are in the Conquest inside Cabins? Also do you know where theyare located? DH has a large battery charger for the camera he has to charge and I believe that is why we have previously taken the Power strip due to it wouldnt fit by the desk.

Thanks,

One. It's located by the desk. It should work fine. The outlets on the inside cabins are the same as OV and balcony cabins.

Does this look like it might work?

IMG_1353.jpg

One. It's located by the desk. It should work fine. The outlets on the inside cabins are the same as OV and balcony cabins.

Does this look like it might work?

IMG_1353.jpg

Yes this should work thank you for responding so quickly we leave Sunday and I was about to have a panic attack, lol

Yes this should work thank you for responding so quickly we leave Sunday and I was about to have a panic attack, lol

Glad to be able to help.

I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. The Conquest is my favorite ship in the fleet...

:)

I just got my official letter from the special needs guest department and it was reccomended that I bring my own extenion cord for my bipap as i would be aware of what works best with my equipment. And that be in my carry one luggage not my checked baggage.

I just got my official letter from the special needs guest department and it was reccomended that I bring my own extenion cord for my bipap as i would be aware of what works best with my equipment. And that be in my carry one luggage not my checked baggage.

I talked with John Heald just minutes ago and he's awaiting the official word and I suspect it's exactly what you just got... put it in your carry on...

Okay, so I'm wondering if my little bitty portable steamer falls under this "banned" category? Any thoughts?

It wouldn't surprise me if it did.

My suggestion... pack it in your carry on and you should be fine...

It appears all of the FAQ's that used to be on the Carnival website were changed today. The sample menus that used to be there are gone as are many other things.

Here is the link to all of the forbidden items: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faqs/default.aspx?faq=luggage+and+valuables

It still does not mention power strips or fans.

It still does not mention power strips or fans.

This one under the Security Section does ban fans: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faqs/default.aspx?faq=security+measures

It's right at the bottom of the page. But I'm with you, no where do they mention power strips. I'll let you know about May 10, how it goes. I am taking an extension cord and a couple of those three outlet "thingies" in my carry-on luggage, plus the doctor's order stating he is to use oxygen 24/7. All of this was faxed into the special needs department, which they know that we are bringing this equipment on board, they even sent a receipt back acknowledging they received it. I don't see how they can take necessities away, but we will see.

This makes NO sense. You can use an electrical appliance that draws AT LEAST ten amps to steam clothes and a stinkin' fan is prohibited? That's nuts.

I told John that I give up. They can try to defend this on their own. I'm done hoping they'll get a clue...

Good luck on this one, Carnival.

:mad:

This makes NO sense. You can use an electrical appliance that draws AT LEAST ten amps to steam clothes and a stinkin' fan is prohibited? That's nuts.

I told John that I give up. They can try to defend this on their own. I'm done hoping they'll get a clue...

I don't blame you, Mach! Those clothes steamers have got to be way more (fire) hazardous than any fan. :eek:

As always, your help is appreciated! ;)

Nuts? This is even beyond that--I'm thinking they are running the line from the loonie bin! Folks don't know what to pack anymore--they have banned bringing alcohol onboard, so they can make money--I had planned to buy a bottle onboard, but don't think so. Before we know it, they will take our cameras away, so that we have to buy their pictures, and will be renting power strips and fans, etc. Has anyone ever heard of a power failure on a ship due to too many things being plugged in? All of the guests don't plug in all at the same time!

I'll do a review when I get back as to how things went and take as many pics as I can to try to show folks the stuff they have eliminated in the FAQ's, ie the menus, plug outlets and the like. We leave for Galveston day after tomorrow.

Please pardon a question from an almost newbie (second time cruiser)...

Why is it "safer" to put the contraband power strip into your carry on instead of checked luggage? If I recall correctly from my one and only previous cruise (Spirit, July 2009) they x-ray the carry ons and/or hand search them. Wouldn't you stand more of a chance of getting it on mixed among the hundreds of pieces of checked luggage?

Please pardon a question from an almost newbie (second time cruiser)...

Why is it "safer" to put the contraband power strip into your carry on instead of checked luggage? If I recall correctly from my one and only previous cruise (Spirit, July 2009) they x-ray the carry ons and/or hand search them. Wouldn't you stand more of a chance of getting it on mixed among the hundreds of pieces of checked luggage?

Questions are always welcome regardless of how many times you've sailed!!!

Oddly enough the standards for checked bags are different than for carry ons. The inspectors at the different stations have different mandates.

If you need to carry a power strip or some such thing your best bet is to put it in your carry on... I have this on fairly good authority...

Nuts? This is even beyond that--I'm thinking they are running the line from the loonie bin! Folks don't know what to pack anymore--they have banned bringing alcohol onboard, so they can make money--I had planned to buy a bottle onboard, but don't think so. Before we know it, they will take our cameras away, so that we have to buy their pictures, and will be renting power strips and fans, etc. Has anyone ever heard of a power failure on a ship due to too many things being plugged in? All of the guests don't plug in all at the same time!

I'll do a review when I get back as to how things went and take as many pics as I can to try to show folks the stuff they have eliminated in the FAQ's, ie the menus, plug outlets and the like. We leave for Galveston day after tomorrow.

You really won't see much of anything missing. You'll probably see things added.

I think (purely my opinion...) is that folks are talking at Carnival.

A few weeks ago I contacted a friend of mine who is a shore side agent at Galveston with a specific question. I was told that they have new security standards that are very stringent and must be enforced. Just like with the locked/unlocked baggage issue it took many folks at Carnival by surprise when I asked about it. This tells me that the folks in charge of security and such in Miami are making changes and not getting the info out beyond their own area of responsibility. Not good.

I can assure you that the folks at Carnival HQ are hearing quite a bit about this disconnect...

Archived