Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Mach - I see from previous threads that you did the Chef's Table on the Dream. I apologize if this is redundant but, is it offered usually 1 or 2 nights or does it vary from sailing to sailing? I would love to do this but only if I can get it on Tuesday. Also, what is the appropriate attire for this probably once in a lifetime experience.

Many thanks for all your help and for all the information you have provided here on Cruise Critic

Tom

Mach - I see from previous threads that you did the Chef's Table on the Dream. I apologize if this is redundant but, is it offered usually 1 or 2 nights or does it vary from sailing to sailing? I would love to do this but only if I can get it on Tuesday. Also, what is the appropriate attire for this probably once in a lifetime experience.

Many thanks for all your help and for all the information you have provided here on Cruise Critic

Tom

Hi, Tom... thanks for the kind words.

I actually did the Chef's Table on the Ecstasy but the same rules apply.

It's being offered 2 evenings for a total of 24 diners so if you want to enjoy this amazing experience you need to book it very early in your voyage. On ships other than the Fantasy Class you can book it through the Steakhouse. Normally, as you head toward the Lido Deck on embarkation there will be a table set up with a person taking reservations for the Steakhouse. I believe that you can book there as well... On the Fantasy Class you need to book through Formalities...

:)

Many apologies if this question has been asked before but a search yielded too many thread choices as the general subject matter is often discussed. My question is this: I often see group specials where an open bar pass of sorts is offered to the members of the group and it includes call liquor, beer, and cheaper wines by the glass and I am wondering if there is a way to book this option as an individual for a set price. Thanks in advance for looking into it and thanks for all the great info you post!

Many apologies if this question has been asked before but a search yielded too many thread choices as the general subject matter is often discussed. My question is this: I often see group specials where an open bar pass of sorts is offered to the members of the group and it includes call liquor, beer, and cheaper wines by the glass and I am wondering if there is a way to book this option as an individual for a set price. Thanks in advance for looking into it and thanks for all the great info you post!

Nope... that option isn't available to individuals, only groups.

Mach,

DH and I are booked in a cove on the Dream in September. This is our first cruise. First, let me say the more I hear about the Dream the more sure I become that I had a grand case of beginners luck! Our sail date is also DH's b-day and unbeknownst to him, I had my PVP note the account so they would bring out surprise for him. :D He's a good sport so he'll get a kick out of it. I know you are an experienced Dream cruiser so I thought you could help with a few questions about her.

We are both amatuer chef's with some catering experience so I want to do the Chef's Table for him as well. Is it possible to set this up in advance as well so I can surprise him? What is the best night to book for? We're on the 7 night Western route and would prefer not to miss either elegant nights. Thursday would seem to be best as we leave port at 3pm. Or do they only do Chef's Table on certain nights? Any and all help you could give on this will be greatly appreciated. :)

TIA

Mach,

DH and I are booked in a cove on the Dream in September. This is our first cruise. First, let me say the more I hear about the Dream the more sure I become that I had a grand case of beginners luck! Our sail date is also DH's b-day and unbeknownst to him, I had my PVP note the account so they would bring out surprise for him. :D He's a good sport so he'll get a kick out of it. I know you are an experienced Dream cruiser so I thought you could help with a few questions about her.

We are both amatuer chef's with some catering experience so I want to do the Chef's Table for him as well. Is it possible to set this up in advance as well so I can surprise him? What is the best night to book for? We're on the 7 night Western route and would prefer not to miss either elegant nights. Thursday would seem to be best as we leave port at 3pm. Or do they only do Chef's Table on certain nights? Any and all help you could give on this will be greatly appreciated. :)

TIA

Congratulations on your first cruise and on choosing the Dream. She is an amazingly lovely vessel.

I'm not sure which evenings the Chef's Table is presented on the Dream but I can find out and get back here with the information.

Sadly, you can not make reservations for the Chef's Table in advance as it's VERY limited... 12 per night for 2 nights.

There are, I believe, five wine packages now. I saw the sign on the Conquest just a few weeks ago detailing what is in each package. Certainly, you can sign up on board.

You're free to take any unfinished with with you from the dining room or even drink it in your cabin or wander the decks with a glass.

You can purchase 'bar set ups' through Guest Services but there is no price list available that I've been able to put my hands on, try as I might. It appears that the prices are the same as through Bon Voyage, however...

Hey Mach, you didn't happen to take a picture of the 5 different wine packages when you were on board the Conquest, did you? It has been a while since I have cruised (last August... sigh), and I thought there were only two then.

Jim

Hey Mach, you didn't happen to take a picture of the 5 different wine packages when you were on board the Conquest, did you? It has been a while since I have cruised (last August... sigh), and I thought there were only two then.

Jim

I may have phrased it poorly... it's two packages that you can select five wines from:

5 Wines for $104.00: Save up to $31.00 off regular prices. 15% Gratuity will be added.

• Korbel, Brut

• Beringer White Zinfandel

• Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay

• Folonari Pinot Grigio

• Brancott Sauvignon Blanc

• Alban St. Pré Vouvray

• Rex Goliath Pinot Noir

• McGuigan Merlot

• Black Opal Shiraz

• Fetzer Cabernet Sauvignon

• George Duboeuf Beaujolais Village

or...

5 Wines for $150.00: Save up to $45.00 off regular prices. 15% Gratuity will be added.

• Domaine Chandon, Brut

• Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio

• Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc

• William Fevre Chablis

• Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay

• Jekel Pinot Noir

• Rutherford Hill Merlot

• Wolf Blass President Select Shiraz

• Sebastiani Cabernet Sauvignon

• Castillo D’Albola Chianti Classico Reserva

I may have phrased it poorly... it's two packages that you can select five wines from:

5 Wines for $104.00: Save up to $31.00 off regular prices. 15% Gratuity will be added.

• Korbel, Brut

• Beringer White Zinfandel

• Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay

• Folonari Pinot Grigio

• Brancott Sauvignon Blanc

• Alban St. Pré Vouvray

• Rex Goliath Pinot Noir

• McGuigan Merlot

• Black Opal Shiraz

• Fetzer Cabernet Sauvignon

• George Duboeuf Beaujolais Village

or...

5 Wines for $150.00: Save up to $45.00 off regular prices. 15% Gratuity will be added.

• Domaine Chandon, Brut

• Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio

• Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc

• William Fevre Chablis

• Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay

• Jekel Pinot Noir

• Rutherford Hill Merlot

• Wolf Blass President Select Shiraz

• Sebastiani Cabernet Sauvignon

• Castillo D’Albola Chianti Classico Reserva

Or I may have read it wrong. Thanks the quick reply!

One last question on this....... I assume that the head waiter makes the tip if you purchase in the dining room as opposed to the atrium (I think that is where I saw them selling it on my last cruise)?

Jim

I recommend you do an advanced search - put "wine package" as the thread search, select "thread titles only" and then go over and select the Carnival board only.

I know there are several threads out there because I've posted in them recently. Someone DID take a photo. There are currently 3 packages on longer sailings, maybe there are cheaper ones on shorter cruises); and this is the same thing I was told by Bon Voyage. BV quoted the prices including the 15% gratuity, the ones in the photos do not include it; when you add it, they're the same price.

One last question on this....... I assume that the head waiter makes the tip if you purchase in the dining room as opposed to the atrium (I think that is where I saw them selling it on my last cruise)?

Yeah... if you order it from your table waiter that's the case.

On the Conquest there was a station set up aft of the pool on the Lido Deck, just in front of the Mongolian Grill, where you could order the package but I believe that was just for sail away.

The bar at in the Atrium also had a sign promoting the wine packages so I'm guessing that you could order it there, too.

On the Conquest there was a station set up aft of the pool on the Lido Deck, just in front of the Mongolian Grill, where you could order the package but I believe that was just for sail away.

The bar at in the Atrium also had a sign promoting the wine packages so I'm guessing that you could order it there, too.

Ahhh, you just refreshed my memory. On the Splendor it was on Lido also. Thanks for the info.

Sure this has been asked and ansewer many times over....

What is a rum runner?

A Rum Runner is a soft, foldable flask for transporting what ever liquid you're interested in carrying with you. They come in a couple sizes and, in my opinion, are brilliant.

Here's some Rum Runners from a voyage a few years ago:

IMG_1357.jpg

They are available at www.rumrunnerflasks.com

Mach,

TIA

Just heard from Todd on the Dream...

Here's the information you asked about...

Western Caribbean:

Cozumel

Roatan

Eastern Caribbean :

1st Sea Day

St.Thomas

So, there you go. Chef's Table is the night of your making port in Cozumel and then Roatan.

Going East it's your first day a sea and then when you make port in St Thomas...

The Dream had a wine package set up when we got on the ship. (By the mid pool, I think) Later that evening, I do believe we saw them approaching tables in the dining room with wine package the first night but I am not sure if that was by request. We had an odd thing on the Dream that has never happened before. Our waiter brought a large bottle of bottled water for "purchase" in lieu of water poured from the usual pitcher when you arrive at your table in the dining room. We told the waiter we would be drinking the regular water. It was odd, because we cruise alot and it is the first time they offered to sell you bottled water in the dining room in lieu of the regular served water.

The Dream had a wine package set up when we got on the ship. (By the mid pool, I think) Later that evening, I do believe we saw them approaching tables in the dining room with wine package the first night but I am not sure if that was by request. We had an odd thing on the Dream that has never happened before. Our waiter brought a large bottle of bottled water for "purchase" in lieu of water poured from the usual pitcher when you arrive at your table in the dining room. We told the waiter we would be drinking the regular water. It was odd, because we cruise alot and it is the first time they offered to sell you bottled water in the dining room in lieu of the regular served water.

That water thing actually started a few years ago. When they first started it the waiter would bring the bottle and offer it without mention that it was an extra cost. My tablemate took the offer only to discover that there was a twelve dollar charge for the bottle.

Now, they make it much more clear that it's a purchase.

Personally, I find the standard water in the main dining room to be excellent.

Archived